Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

DO NOT MERGE PLEASE.

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This discussion started in September of 2008. (almost 11 years ago)

Six months after the game was released into Open Beta.

Sensitivity?

3TkASO5.jpg

This IGN is so bad, that is why it is possible to have all four on all four servers.
    Maxis
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 3, 2019
    Pan wrote: »

Sensitivity?

3TkASO5.jpg

This IGN is so bad, that is why it is possible to have all four on all four servers.

PWN'D.
  • gregre
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    Please merge, Alex is so swollen to the brim with new and old players, they should just keep to themselves
    Merge Tarlach and mari, I don't know about Ruairi because they have that sweet spot between, on weekends and during high traffic i think i only seen channel 1 full 1 time
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    gre wrote: »
    Please merge, Alex is so swollen to the brim with new and old players, they should just keep to themselves
    Merge Tarlach and mari, I don't know about Ruairi because they have that sweet spot between, on weekends and during high traffic i think i only seen channel 1 full 1 time

My opinion is that a Mari Tarlach merge is not a good idea. There's not enough balance when the 2 galaxies crash into each other.
    gre
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 3, 2019

It will either be an all-to-one or none at all. A limited merge, although it seems like a smaller action, is a trickier thing to accomplish.
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

It will either be an all-to-one or none at all. A limited merge, although it seems like a smaller action, is a trickier thing to accomplish.

A limited merge will likely cause imbalance and friction.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 4, 2019
    Snowflakes be like: "I don't want to be merged with this server, i want to merge with this one because i have no good explanation why and it's clearly only because that other server is more populated therefore it means it's more inflated and "toxic", and i'm ignorant enough to know that merge will cause even bigger inflation and "toxificity" in the merged server i will be in!
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    What about just axing Alexina and redistributing its population into the other three servers?
    Dragoolfire
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Personally, I like the idea of having two servers merge for sure. If anything, making two merge would make more people interract with each other which can be both good and bad.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 5, 2019
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    What about just axing Alexina and redistributing its population into the other three servers?

Wow, this is even better than snowflake requests. Dam this is hilarious. I hope this was only a good joke of yours. Alexina will not be victimized by other dead servers just because it's more populated. This will only create 3 dead servers vs 1 normal server with 3 dead servers. I would definitely quit if i would get involved with random server transfer.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 5, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

Wow, this is even better than snowflake requests. Dam this is hilarious. I hope this was only a good joke of yours. Alexina will not be victimized by other dead servers just because it's more populated. This will only create 3 dead servers vs 1 normal server with 3 dead servers. I would definitely quit if i would get involved with random server transfer.

nomigid15 is pretty great with jokes....it is a joke...right?

It is a waste of monies for nexon to try to keep a dead server alive instead of just merging them all into one manageable server where all focus would be to that one only server. Unless you as the players can manage to keep your server alive, this is the most decent solution on making less multitasking on servers were one could turn to players as a whole instead between servers.

*Edit: Also they could be looking at the profit of each server is giving, they could Thano snap a server if it is going below average of sums of money once the bigger whale of the server is gone through questionable means or quit Mabi.They would prob have to merge to save money on from running an unprofitable server. Game would go bye-bye if they are losing money.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 5, 2019

Sensitivity?

3TkASO5.jpg

LOL. Well at least you definitely do not have to worry about losing your ign. XD

I added all Gaea's from the other servers as friends long ago. So far none of them have accepted the requests. I either have to assume that they are dead players, or they hate me. lol.

But it's all I have to go by to assure that I get to keep my ign when and if the server merge happens.

Honestly though...I've been thinking about changing my ign for a while. That way I could trick people into believe I am someone else and start brand new without actually starting over. I could be accepted anywhere. Yeah I've uh...been contemplating deleting everyone and changing my ign when they release those coupons. I'll hide my equips so people don't recognize my reforges and gear. I would also my change my look entirely.

Those name change coupons are going to cause a little bit of chaos within the community I imagine. >:]
    [Deleted User]
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    No, that wasn't a joke. It was an honest, curiosity driven "throw it out there and see if it swims, sinks, or gets torn to pieces by sharks" idea.
    nomigid15 is pretty great with jokes

This isn't what people think all of my ideas are, right?

...Right? ;_;
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

This would be a partial merge instead of a full merge. Technically it would be more tricky to pull this off rather than just doing a four-in-one. Politically, who goes where? If it's random you could be split from your friends; that won't do. If they say choose a server, then I'd advocate we ALL choose the next biggest server, Mari. That ought to set the conditions for folks to say well darn it I guess lets go for a full merge then?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

That would be terrible! I don't like Alexina, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be someone who was involuntarily moved from the server I started on. :|
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited May 5, 2019
    While I have nothing against the idea of a merge, if it were to be a thing, it'd be performed by the same people who lost our hotbars and UI saves in a smaller-scale update. Granted, that's not an entirely huge deal, but blow that up into the larger-scale that would be merging, and I can't help but feel a bit cautious.
  • GretaGreta
    I love Server Merge threads. It brings up old forums users in one thread. :) The thread just clickbaits people in.
    Sebastian
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited May 5, 2019
    I love Server Merge threads. It brings up old forums users in one thread. :) The thread just clickbaits people in.

It's like an awkward family reunion for those of us that are still here, somehow
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sebastian wrote: »

It's like an awkward family reunion for those of us that are still here, somehow

Oh hey it's Sebastian, one hell of a butler.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sebastian wrote: »

Oh hey it's Sebastian, one hell of a butler.

I'm glad my title is still remembered
This discussion has been closed.