Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we please have the VIP update?

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited May 8, 2019 in General Chat
Seeing as we're almost in Q2 of the year, and soon 2019 (as I'd take it) would be in Q1. I was hopeful that the 12 hour maint would at least address this but it seems to have been swept under the rug.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18031/can-we-please-have-the-vip-update/p1
chikenleg123PolicromaAlexLightArjuneMaiaSherri

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited May 8, 2019
    not sure if this belongs in suggestions or not, but anways yes please hopefully it comes in the summer. they may have deleted the video but someone uploaded their own version.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited May 8, 2019
    Veylaine wrote: »
    not sure if this belongs in suggestions or not, but anways yes please hopefully it comes in the summer. they may have deleted the video but someone uploaded their own version.

I don't think it should be, as this was promised to the players, not something extra we're asking for. Also considering I'd never buy VIP as it is right now, I'm feeling pretty baited as the 7 months I got on sale is about to run out. This was also sold under the pretense that we'd be getting an update soon.

a6aa709c5f19084f2898841f6daaae0f.png
    Veylainestarkiller1286ImaizumicourtneyyAlexisEUKitiniSherri
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited May 8, 2019
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

I don't think it should be, as this was promised to the players, not something extra we're asking for. Also considering I'd never buy VIP as it is right now, I'm feeling pretty baited as the 7 months I got on sale is about to run out. This was also sold under the pretense that we'd be getting an update soon.

saw that image in this video, didn't really think about the marketing on that until now lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

NTM all the freaking remote administration coupons that they need to compensate us for.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why did you even buy VIP...?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »

Do I even need to buy VIP when I know the current status it is in?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Gaea wrote: »

The short answer is you don't. People mostly bought it cause they thought they'd get the VIP update soon.
    courtneyy
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    GTCvActium wrote: »

The short answer is you don't. People mostly bought it cause they thought they'd get the VIP update soon.

Yup. This is why I got it.
    courtneyy
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I only bought it because it was on sale and I wanted to get rid off a Tailteann farm seed without throwing it away. And get some free stuff.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Hey look, a thread that isn't about a merge!

(regardless of my feelings on merge/not merge this is still something they need to address, because it's going to get swept under the rug entirely)
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    VIP really needs a update, every other version of mabi already has better VIP then we do. this update would help the player market since a VIP player could make up to 20 mil gold with any personal shop location instead of only in Belvast and VIP players could make much larger checks with zero gold fees. with updated VIP it would finally be worth paying for again instead of just putting most of our money into silly gacha.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    While the forums are on fire for the same reasons as they were fall last year lets all take a moment to remember that VIP update was promised Soon™ in 2019. Rapidly approaching the end of Q1 of 2019 (the cut off for what I'd call "soon") and still no word about it :thumbs_up:
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 28, 2019
    Lets get through the merge first before we worry about anything else. They've knocked quite a few things off the list so far. Name change and vip updates are coming. Patience.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Lets get through the merge first before we worry about anything else. They've knocked quite a few things off the list so far. Name change and vip updates are coming. Patience.

Katherz said vip sale was for a reason, nearly 7 months ago. I think I've been pretty patient. And what do you mean "we" Alexina doesn't get to be a part of that, here's to hoping we get compensation for a super long maint that won't be effecting us.
    GretaLadame
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Katherz said vip sale was for a reason, nearly 7 months ago. I think I've been pretty patient. And what do you mean "we" Alexina doesn't get to be a part of that, here's to hoping we get compensation for a super long maint that won't be effecting us.

It has been a while since VIP compensation was given due to maintenance~
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 28, 2019
    While the forums are on fire for the same reasons as they were fall last year lets all take a moment to remember that VIP update was promised Soon™ in 2019. Rapidly approaching the end of Q1 of 2019 (the cut off for what I'd call "soon") and still no word about it :thumbs_up:

I like when i was told that we are getting custom forum avatars "soon". I heard that at least twice and the first time it was promised by Sabina. It's been over 2 years since.
    ShakayaSherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 28, 2019
    Oh believe me, I'm feeling extremely baited from this as well. it's the only reason I bought the VIP on sale... and it seems like it was a market strategy of theirs because no one was buying it -_- The campfire guy mentioned the sale an so did a couple GM's at the time-- right after mentioning the "VIP revamp". I bought 9 months because I thought it was gonna be revamped even before G22 or giant update. boy was I totally bamboozled. I kinda want my money back, or some extra months of VIP added, but well... it's my fault right? >_>; for assuming something. ugh
    Katherz said vip sale was for a reason, nearly 7 months ago. I think I've been pretty patient.

This ._. I do NOT want to put the blame on Katherz, she's just a messenger. Wasn't even CM yet at the time. I just would like some kind of response on this. It would be nice....

Easy for you to say. You probably didn't 'waste' money on almost a year of VIP. and yes, current VIP IS a 'waste'. :/ I had absolutely NO intention of buying the VIP even on sale because it's a waste, but I was under the impression there was a reason for the sale meaning VIP revamp SOON.
    ShakayaSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    When she said that I wonder if they are considering that the sale was compensation. LOL.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    When she said that I wonder if they are considering that the sale was compensation. LOL.

Compensation for what though? :( They have a VIP sale every year around that time.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Arjune wrote: »

Compensation for what though? :( They have a VIP sale every year around that time.

Well I guess unless you stocked up for a couple years or more then you guys are getting ripped off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯