Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It's official: merge baby merge

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited May 12, 2019 in General Chat
Other than it not being a full merge, someone answer the phone because I called it.
FaithrendPanchikenleg123

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    THE SERVER MARGE IS HAPPENING!!!
    FaithrendLeineipawcalypse
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    yep I just saw the stream and the merge is going to happen. kind of sad Alexina is being left out though.
  • OroshisamaOroshisama
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    I'm also pretty sad about Alexina.. Wish we could have just added more channels
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Us alexina people remain untouched but atleast they say populations will be similar. Just sayin' even though the chance of something going wrong is probably low, probably have a record of stuff you have before then, just in case.
    Imaizumi
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    eh oh wells, maybe the final merge will happen someday Or paying features to change servers.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    bc5cabd7f755a5a0d67305ca67ed2fec.png
    ZuomoSheenaFaithrendLadameWolfsingerpawcalypseCrimsọnAlexLightTwelieKitiniand 3 others.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    bc5cabd7f755a5a0d67305ca67ed2fec.png

The only people doing that are recent migrants. Older migrants won't bother. And even then some recent migrants may stay because they prefer to play with their new made buds on Alexina over their dead buds that aren't coming back on the other servers possibly.

The majority of people on Alexina are not Ruari migrants from last week I imagine.
    PolicromaWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Alexina will be around 43% with Nao being 57%. So same-ish. I'm gonna wait until their textual explanation is released before I speculate what they may be thinking. But for now, if the worst case scenario is Alexina becomes a ghost town, then it will be merged in too.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 9, 2019
    Is the server name already decided, or is Nexon open to suggestions? I'll be honest with my opinion here, but Nao sucks. Her personality is as flat and uninteresting as her breasts are large. Can we at least name the server something else? Like Iunno...Pihne? Marleid?

....Bliss?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    If Alexina becomes a ghost town just put it back on top of the list with the "NEW!" tag again ezpz

DragoolfireTheNyanCat
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Its gonna be Nao... pronounced "Now".
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    But is it official without an official announcement?
    Do they really think a merge of the other servers is worth it and keep current players?
    Do they think this will attract new players?
    Or are they just trying to find a way to bypass doing maintenance for 4 servers in which there is only a higher volume of activity on 2 of them?
    Have they thought about the potential consequences of a merge that may disrupt the balance of in-game power and wealth for players?
    All my questions and potentially other people's questions would be more of a request for transparency of their decision and the process it will be taking to do a merge. The things they have considered to make the decision, how it will be done, and if they have considered the potential effects positive and negative that may happen with a merge.
    Is the server name already decided, or is Nexon open to suggestions? I'll be honest with my opinion here, but Nao sucks. Her personality is as flat and uninteresting as her breasts are large. Can we at least name the server something else? Like Iunno...Pihne? Marleid?

....Bliss?

I'd prefer The Three Heroes to at least keep a better identity of the former servers if this does go ahead.
    FOXAssassin
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Least this will prob save them monies than holding 4 dead servers, now they have 2 dead servers :3
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Monthly server merge thread just turned real MUHAHAHA I TOLD YOU ALL
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    But is it official without an official announcement?
    Do they really think a merge of the other servers is worth it and keep current players?
    Do they think this will attract new players?
    Or are they just trying to find a way to bypass doing maintenance for 4 servers in which there is only a higher volume of activity on 2 of them?
    Have they thought about the potential consequences of a merge that may disrupt the balance of in-game power and wealth for players?
    All my questions and potentially other people's questions would be more of a request for transparency of their decision and the process it will be taking to do a merge. The things they have considered to make the decision, how it will be done, and if they have considered the potential effects positive and negative that may happen with a merge.

....Bliss?

I'd prefer The Three Heroes to at least keep a better identity of the former servers if this does go ahead.

heroic.png

So Greta, Gaea, and me? :D
    WolfsingerKensamaofmariLeineiCrimsọnTweliestarkiller1286Radiant Dawn
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360

....Bliss?

The original beta server was called Nao before being renamed into Mari.

IqgDYkl.jpg
    FaithrendKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    The official announcement can be found here. Nearly, everything detailed has been anticipated in forum discussions. Before I get into why not a full merge, I wanna talk about the renaming point. If you own buttmunch55 on Tarlach and Ruari, they will become Buttmunch55+Tarlach and Buttmunch55+Ruari. This solution is required because it is NOT a full server merge. It requires no new coding though because it can be entirely handled by running scripts on the database, as such it is a kludge, but what can you do.

As to why they merged just three of the servers, I see two possibilities:
    1) It is a compromise solution. It's not a full merge. So those people against a merge can at least say that they don't have to share a bathroom with Alexina people, because for some reason Alexina is considered the Slytherin of the four servers. Since it is a merge of the three lowest population servers, then the folks wanting it the most who need it the most get a merge.

2) This is the first half of a full merge. We can see already that there are some sloppy aspects to how this is being conducted. Furthermore, we can see it is being done almost entirely by action by Nexon NA and very little if any from Nexon Korea, (ie no new coding required). Since Alexina is around 43% of the player-base, should there be issues with the merge, things not going smoothly then the problems are limited, and it also provides a run-through to make any final merges <crosses fingers>smoother</crosses fingers>.

Should there be a full merge in the future, properly done, then buttmunch55+Tarlach and buttmunch55+Ruari can be reset to buttmunch55 each. Here's hoping it all goes well.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited May 9, 2019
    They really should give name priority to active players.... I would be sad if I have to have a server tag because of people who don't even play the game anymore.

I'm curious about one thing, if I become Finity+Mari and other ones become Finity+Ruairi, and Finity+Tarlarch after merge, will I be able to change to Finity, given that rest 2 players are inactive?
    Kitini
  • BragranorBragranor
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    Alexina being left out is genuinely upsetting. There are far too few people in the entirety of the game regardless, would it not be best to bring ALL of them together to get a player base similar to 4~5 years ago? Alexina only has a single active channel that it cannot even come close to remotely filling. All other channels have 12 ~ 20 people in them. Honestly, ridiculous.
    TwelieKitiniZeo
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Finity wrote: »
    They really should give name priority to active players.... I would be sad if I have to have a server tag because of people who don't even play the game anymore.

I'm curious about one thing, if I become Finity+Mari and other ones become Finity+Ruairi, and Finity+Tarlarch after merge, will I be able to change to Finity, given that rest 2 players are inactive?

I'm assuming it would be a first come first serve type of thing. (Mostly, whoever changes it to just Finity first.)