We wanted to update you about an upcoming change to the game that we know you all have been waiting for... a Server Merge! As noted at the Mabinogi Campfire event, our team and our developers have put our heads together to prepare for this server merge, and we have taken the time to determine the best possible way to bring this to the game, with as little interruption to the service as possible.
After much discussion between our team here at Nexon America, and our partners in Nexon Korea, we've decided to merge three of the four servers into one. Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server. The anticipated server merge date is Monday, June 3rd, and we expect the game to be down for long hours to make ample time for merging the data and testing. The decision to merge these three servers was not made lightly, and the biggest factor in this is that we wish to ensure a healthy server population and environment. As Alexina is the server with the healthiest population, once the other three servers are merged, the population of Nao and Alexina will be similar. We look forward to the new possibilities and memories that you will be forming on the Nao and Alexina servers.
Please carefully read below for the information related to the upcoming June 3rd server merge. To prepare for the server merge, we have made some restrictions to the game in May 9th's maintenance. These restrictions will allow our team to prepare the servers for the merge, so we appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. We ask that you please be aware of the following criteria so that the merge is as smooth as possible for you, Milletians.
As of the May 9th patch, the following changes have been made, affecting the Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach servers only:
As of the May 9th patch, the following changes have been made, affecting all servers: Mari, Ruairi, Tarlach, and Alexina servers.
- New character, pet, and partner creation has been turned off until June 3rd.
- New characters will be unavailable to be created using character cards or pet whistles.
- Guild creation and guild stone creation will be unavailable until June 3rd.
- Note: The 'Guild Formation Permit' and 'Guild Stone Installation Permit' will be available for purchase, but cannot be used.
Server Merge FAQ
- Leasing a Taillteann farm option will be disabled until June 3rd.
Q: When is the server merge?
A: The anticipated server merge date is Monday, June 3rd, 2019.
Q: Which servers are merging? Why?
Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server. Once the three servers are merged, the population of Nao and Alexina will be similar.
Q: Will my character name be changed during the merge? What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?
Characters (pets, partners, characters) with duplicate names will have their name changed to 'Name+Server', e.g. Name+Mari, Name+Ruairi, Name+Tarlach.
- A duplicate name can be a pet, partner, or character name, across these three servers.
e.g. If a pet is named 'Potato' on one server, and a character is named 'Potato' on another server, both names will be changed.
-However, if there are no duplicate character names, the character name will remain unaffected.
Q: Will I be able to change my character name?
We are working on bringing the name change option for character names after the merge. More information on this option will be provided in a future update.
Q: What happens if an account is inactive during the merge?
All accounts will be merged. However, pet names on inactive accounts will be renamed.
- An account is considered inactive if it has not logged in since June 3rd, 2017.
- The pet names will be changed to a sequence of numbers such as, Pet000000 ... Pet123456.
Q: Will I be able to change my pet's name?
The pet name change option will not be available at this time.
Q: Will anything happen to my items if my name is changed because of the merge?
Your items will be merged normally, even if the character name is changed, however please note the following regarding character exclusive items:
- If you have an item that was bound to you, but is currently unbound as a result of using a Trade Unlock Potion, the item will be bound to you again if you equip it after the name change. The item will need to be unbound again by using another Trade Unlock Potion if so.
Q: Will anything happen to my pets if the pet name is changed because of the merge?
You will be able to summon and interact with your pets as normal even if their name is changed. However, if a partner character's name is changed, the partner's likeability toward your character will be reset. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Q: Will anything happen to my Homestead?
Homestead content will be merged. However, duplicate homestead names will be changed to 'Homestead Name+Server Name', e.g. My Sweet Home+Mari.
Q: Will my guild name be changed?
Guild names will not be changed, as guild names are unique across all servers.
Q: What happens to my guild stone location?
All guild stone locations will be removed during the merge, and the guild stone will need to be placed again by the guild leader after the merge.
Q: What if I am in a Guardian Guild prior to the merge?
Any current Guardian Guilds prior to the June 3rd merge day will be reset.
Q: What happens to the contents in my bank?
Any gold and items in the bank across the three merged servers on an account will be merged. If the amount of gold in the bank exceeds the account's bank limit, gold cannot be deposited into the bank.
- Please be advised that the account's bank password will be reset and can be changed after the merge.
Q: What happens to items that are left in the Auction House?
Auction House contents will be merged, however please be advised if you have items in the Auction House across characters on different servers on the account, the items may be lost. We strongly suggest to retrieve any items placed in the Auction House inventory, so that any items are not lost.
Q: What happens to items that are left in the cash shop Item Shop Inventory?
The items in this inventory will be merged, however we strongly suggest retrieving any items from the Item Shop Inventory before the merge date on June 3rd so that any items are not lost.
Q: What happens if I have a Shop in the Marketplace (formerly Housing)? What about the items that are left in the Shop Inventory?
The Marketplace contents will not be merged. We advise not to bid on a Shop prior to the merge. The option to bid on a Shop will be temporarily turned off with the May 16th maintenance, until the merge date. We strongly suggest retrieving any items placed in your Marketplace Shop Inventory or any items in the 'Retrieve Items' menu accessed through the Marketplace bank NPC before the merge date on June 3rd so that any items are not lost.
Q: What contents will be reset with the merge?
The following contents will be reset with the merge:
- Festia Weekly Ranking Board
- MabiNovel Bulletin Board
- Bard Bulletin Board
- Fashion Contest Winner
- Royal Alchemists and Upgrade Methods found by Royal Alchemists.
- Seal Stones
- The Seal Stones will need to be broken again in the new server, granting the respective Seal-Breaker titles to the character who breaks the seal.
- Characters who obtained the Seal-Breaker title previously will still be able to use the Seal-Breaker title.
- Though all events should end before the merge date, please be advised that the main character selection will be reset.
- General UI saved settings will need to be reset, including hotkey bar placements, extra skill slots, and saved pet organization and tabs.
We know this can be an inconvenience, so we sincerely apologize in advance! We strongly suggest to take screenshots of your hotkey placements so you may set up your hotkeys again once the merge is complete.
If you have further questions, please reach out to us, as we will be reviewing your concerns and will be providing further updates through upcoming FAQ posts and posts related to the Server Merge as we come closer to the merge date.
| Join the discussion on our Official Mabinogi Discord
| Follow the discussion on the Official Forums
| Contact us through our Support Portal
We will be here with you alongside this new journey, Milletians!
- The Mabinogi Team