Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Server Merge & FAQ

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Notices
Hello Milletians,

We wanted to update you about an upcoming change to the game that we know you all have been waiting for... a Server Merge! As noted at the Mabinogi Campfire event, our team and our developers have put our heads together to prepare for this server merge, and we have taken the time to determine the best possible way to bring this to the game, with as little interruption to the service as possible.

190503_genericannouncementbanners_header_590x165.jpg

After much discussion between our team here at Nexon America, and our partners in Nexon Korea, we've decided to merge three of the four servers into one. Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server. The anticipated server merge date is Monday, June 3rd, and we expect the game to be down for long hours to make ample time for merging the data and testing. The decision to merge these three servers was not made lightly, and the biggest factor in this is that we wish to ensure a healthy server population and environment. As Alexina is the server with the healthiest population, once the other three servers are merged, the population of Nao and Alexina will be similar. We look forward to the new possibilities and memories that you will be forming on the Nao and Alexina servers.

Please carefully read below for the information related to the upcoming June 3rd server merge. To prepare for the server merge, we have made some restrictions to the game in May 9th's maintenance. These restrictions will allow our team to prepare the servers for the merge, so we appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. We ask that you please be aware of the following criteria so that the merge is as smooth as possible for you, Milletians.

As of the May 9th patch, the following changes have been made, affecting the Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach servers only:

• New character, pet, and partner creation has been turned off until June 3rd.
  • New characters will be unavailable to be created using character cards or pet whistles.
  • Guild creation and guild stone creation will be unavailable until June 3rd.
  • Note: The 'Guild Formation Permit' and 'Guild Stone Installation Permit' will be available for purchase, but cannot be used.

As of the May 9th patch, the following changes have been made, affecting all servers: Mari, Ruairi, Tarlach, and Alexina servers.

• Leasing a Taillteann farm option will be disabled until June 3rd.

Server Merge FAQ

Q: When is the server merge?
A: The anticipated server merge date is Monday, June 3rd, 2019.

Q: Which servers are merging? Why?
A: Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server. Once the three servers are merged, the population of Nao and Alexina will be similar.

Q: Will my character name be changed during the merge? What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?
A: Characters (pets, partners, characters) with duplicate names will have their name changed to 'Name+Server', e.g. Name+Mari, Name+Ruairi, Name+Tarlach.

- A duplicate name can be a pet, partner, or character name, across these three servers.
e.g. If a pet is named 'Potato' on one server, and a character is named 'Potato' on another server, both names will be changed.

-However, if there are no duplicate character names, the character name will remain unaffected.

Q: Will I be able to change my character name?
A: We are working on bringing the name change option for character names after the merge. More information on this option will be provided in a future update.

Q: What happens if an account is inactive during the merge?
A: All accounts will be merged. However, pet names on inactive accounts will be renamed.

- An account is considered inactive if it has not logged in since June 3rd, 2017.
- The pet names will be changed to a sequence of numbers such as, Pet000000 ... Pet123456.

Q: Will I be able to change my pet's name?
A: The pet name change option will not be available at this time.

Q: Will anything happen to my items if my name is changed because of the merge?
A: Your items will be merged normally, even if the character name is changed, however please note the following regarding character exclusive items:

- If you have an item that was bound to you, but is currently unbound as a result of using a Trade Unlock Potion, the item will be bound to you again if you equip it after the name change. The item will need to be unbound again by using another Trade Unlock Potion if so.

Q: Will anything happen to my pets if the pet name is changed because of the merge?
A: You will be able to summon and interact with your pets as normal even if their name is changed. However, if a partner character's name is changed, the partner's likeability toward your character will be reset. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Q: Will anything happen to my Homestead?
A: Homestead content will be merged. However, duplicate homestead names will be changed to 'Homestead Name+Server Name', e.g. My Sweet Home+Mari.

Q: Will my guild name be changed?
A: Guild names will not be changed, as guild names are unique across all servers.

Q: What happens to my guild stone location?
A: All guild stone locations will be removed during the merge, and the guild stone will need to be placed again by the guild leader after the merge.

Q: What if I am in a Guardian Guild prior to the merge?
A: Any current Guardian Guilds prior to the June 3rd merge day will be reset.

Q: What happens to the contents in my bank?
A: Any gold and items in the bank across the three merged servers on an account will be merged. If the amount of gold in the bank exceeds the account's bank limit, gold cannot be deposited into the bank.

- Please be advised that the account's bank password will be reset and can be changed after the merge.

Q: What happens to items that are left in the Auction House?
A: Auction House contents will be merged, however please be advised if you have items in the Auction House across characters on different servers on the account, the items may be lost. We strongly suggest to retrieve any items placed in the Auction House inventory, so that any items are not lost.

Q: What happens to items that are left in the cash shop Item Shop Inventory?
A: The items in this inventory will be merged, however we strongly suggest retrieving any items from the Item Shop Inventory before the merge date on June 3rd so that any items are not lost.

Q: What happens if I have a Shop in the Marketplace (formerly Housing)? What about the items that are left in the Shop Inventory?
A: The Marketplace contents will not be merged. We advise not to bid on a Shop prior to the merge. The option to bid on a Shop will be temporarily turned off with the May 16th maintenance, until the merge date. We strongly suggest retrieving any items placed in your Marketplace Shop Inventory or any items in the 'Retrieve Items' menu accessed through the Marketplace bank NPC before the merge date on June 3rd so that any items are not lost.

Q: What contents will be reset with the merge?
A: The following contents will be reset with the merge:

• Festia Weekly Ranking Board
  • MabiNovel Bulletin Board
  • Bard Bulletin Board
  • Fashion Contest Winner
  • Royal Alchemists and Upgrade Methods found by Royal Alchemists.
  • Seal Stones
  • The Seal Stones will need to be broken again in the new server, granting the respective Seal-Breaker titles to the character who breaks the seal.
  • Characters who obtained the Seal-Breaker title previously will still be able to use the Seal-Breaker title.
  • Though all events should end before the merge date, please be advised that the main character selection will be reset.
  • General UI saved settings will need to be reset, including hotkey bar placements, extra skill slots, and saved pet organization and tabs.
    We know this can be an inconvenience, so we sincerely apologize in advance! We strongly suggest to take screenshots of your hotkey placements so you may set up your hotkeys again once the merge is complete.

If you have further questions, please reach out to us, as we will be reviewing your concerns and will be providing further updates through upcoming FAQ posts and posts related to the Server Merge as we come closer to the merge date.

| Join the discussion on our Official Mabinogi Discord | Follow the discussion on the Official Forums | Contact us through our Support Portal |

We will be here with you alongside this new journey, Milletians!

- The Mabinogi Team
Tsumikki[Deleted User]DANIarts

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited May 9, 2019
    Pan looks adorable wearing glasses reading like that. sadly Alexina is being left out. still great progress though and looking forward to the results after the merge happens.
    OroshisamaWolfsinger
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Q: Will my character name be changed during the merge? What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?
    A: Characters (pets, partners, characters) with duplicate names will have their name changed to 'Name+Server', e.g. Name+Mari, Name+Ruairi, Name+Tarlach.

HUZZAH! Everyone's names will be fine! =D
    Darkpixie99Spiritika
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Rejoice, those of you who regret your naming decision as if it was life's biggest oof
    Tsumikki
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    My highest concern is those players on certain previous servers being able to control the economy of the new server with their massive accumulation of gold and items to manipulate the market as they wish.
    I want to know if those who decided for the merge had considered this.
    FOXAssassin
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    So what happens to my Server Merge Mega Thread?
    1422935677507.gif
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    So what happens to my Server Merge Mega Thread?
    1422935677507.gif

Goes to the vault.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Goes to the vault.

I know, just messing. Good times.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited May 9, 2019
    TNinja wrote: »
    Rejoice, those of you who regret your naming decision as if it was life's biggest oof

Now, now, it says they're working on the name change thing too.

Q: Will I be able to change my character name?
    A: We are working on bringing the name change option for character names after the merge. More information on this option will be provided in a future update.
    Darkpixie99
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    My highest concern is those players on certain previous servers being able to control the economy of the new server with their massive accumulation of gold and items to manipulate the market as they wish.

eh but that is in every games, just deal with it...Nothing to be done other than not falling into there greedy fingers SIMPLE!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Alshian wrote: »

eh but that is in every games, just deal with it...Nothing to be done other than not falling into there greedy fingers SIMPLE!

Or it could end up like Alexina, where everything is 100x cheaper by going down in value.
    Never thought it could end up like an actual AH, did ya?
  • XtrooXtroo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I have a few characters on another server other than main server, what will be happening to those characters? Will the characters be merged? Sorry if my question was already answered in FAQ, but so far I only noticed Q and A about name change, I might have missed it.
  • PandorafayhPandorafayh
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    edited May 9, 2019
    What about unmade pet whistles, pet cards and character cards that have not been used yet? Will they merge as well?What will happen if you have VIP service? I have VIP paid up until January of next year. Also what will happen to items in dressing rooms? Or items stored in pets inv? What if you dont have room to pull all your items out of the cash shop tab?
  • PandorafayhPandorafayh
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    What about unmade pet whistles, pet cards and character cards that have not been used yet? Will they merge as well?What will happen if you have VIP service? I have VIP paid up until January of next year. Also what will happen to items in dressing rooms? Or items stored in pets inv? What if you dont have room to pull all your items out of the cash shop tab?

I've got a good amount of unmade pet whistles and cards atm.... and you guys turned off the option to create them sooo.... will they also be merged?
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    no doubt....i also have unused character cards, and 3 pet whistles just from the coffee event itself....what happens to them
  • SpiritikaSpiritika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    What will happen to items in the mailbox?
  • MasakanMasakan
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    I'm coming home everybody!
    Tsumikki
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Do we have to take our clothes out of our dressing room prior to the merge?
  • MasakewMasakew
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I have a question and Im probably going to confuse myself trying to ask this lol. But ill try wording it the best I can.

Say we had taken the same name for 3 of our characters per server.

If we changed the name for the other characters can we keep our original name for our character without the +Mari or +Tarlach.

Or once we change our other characters names from the same name and it still doesnt remove the server name. could we do a name change with the same name that we have for that character and it would remove the +Mari??? Like name changing Masakew + Mari to Masakew and it removing the Mari
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    i believe the notice said they will be working on a name changing option
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    I was wondering where the Apocalypse was
    ookiePride