Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Battle of the Player based Market Channel

LavenirLavenir
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
Okay boys and girls, beef it out here. Here's the big question: channel 1 or 7? Who cares about alexina lolllll we got bigger issues.
  1. Channel 1 or 7?????????????///////11111131 votes
    1. 1
       61% (19 votes)
    2. 7
       39% (12 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Has to be 1
    Faithrend
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It will be wherever it will be. But since Ruari and Mari both use 1 and Tarlach (the smallest population) uses 7, well you can't fight mob mentality can you.
    KensamaofmariGretaFaithrendRadiant Dawn
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Mari and Ruairi may have a higher combined population, but Tarlach's players are the most stubborn you will ever encounter, you can trust me, I'm one of them. So Tarlach players will likely just continue putting shops on channel 7 because ya'll from Mari and Ruairi will "take all the spots" on channel 1 anyways so why change from 7 will be the logic of most of them. A few will cave and go to channel 1 "to sell faster" sometimes though I'm sure, but 7 will end up being the "secondary" shop channel regardless.

And who knows, if they add more channels the Tarlach people might just go to whatever's at the bottom hahah.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    oh my so they like the "bottom" kekekekeke...
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Mari and Ruairi may have a higher combined population, but Tarlach's players are the most stubborn you will ever encounter, you can trust me, I'm one of them. So Tarlach players will likely just continue putting shops on channel 7 because ya'll from Mari and Ruairi will "take all the spots" on channel 1 anyways so why change from 7 will be the logic of most of them. A few will cave and go to channel 1 "to sell faster" sometimes though I'm sure, but 7 will end up being the "secondary" shop channel regardless.

And who knows, if they add more channels the Tarlach people might just go to whatever's at the bottom hahah.

Even the mightiest stone will be broken down by a water fall. People will gravitate to where all the transactions are taking place. Since cc will nuke your shop and you wanna buy things, chances are you need to stay on the ch with the highest population/shops. Unless you never buy things from player shops. In which case, enjoy your quiet ch.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    I haven't used personal shops since auction house came out. This is moot. :D

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    LutetiumBlissfulkillWolfsingerFaithrendRadiant Dawn
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    In which case, enjoy your quiet ch.
    I tend to avoid it aside from raids anyway because
    Gaea wrote: »
    ^ this
    I do very much enjoy quiet channels personally however, they tend to have the more agreeable people on them I find. Nothing against anyone in particular that spends their time on the "shop channel" of course, it's more of a "feeling of the room" thing.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gaea wrote: »

So essentially, it will not be so much market as it is a public raid party sort of channel, am I right?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Alshian wrote: »
    oh my so they like the "bottom" kekekekeke...

Pirate's Booty Seat: the best name for an item ever! o.O
    Kensamaofmari
  • LepeltjeLepeltje
    Mabinogi Rep: 895
    I'm honestly curious about this too, I play in Tarlach so channel 7 is what I am used to, but no complaints if it changes really. Will just be an adjustment xD
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Chanel 2 or 4 is my vote. Might as well really shake things up with this merge.
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Well a point that Tarlach is assumed to have the highest capital (gold) among players, so maybe higher amount of capital may determine where the market will be.

On the other hand, I'm also open to having multiple market channels.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    7-1= 6
    It must be 6 channel. For lulz.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Eh, the Tarlach shopping channels have changed from time to time in the past. It's been ch1 for us in the past, and ch2 before too. If there really are Tarlachians that don't want to go with the flow of everyone else, then kill ch7 the way people killed the old shop channels in the past: do an organized spam of demigod in Dunbarton and Belvast. Also get sakura abyss in there too.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    Yall tarlachians gonna convert to ch1. :)

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 11, 2019
    The invisible hand is going to decide this, not a forum poll. Tarlach is an out-layer in that channel seven is their popular channel. For the other three servers it's channel one. Why things turned out that way, who knows. But if I were a betting Giant, I'd pick channel one to prevail.

BTW I voted 7 here, because I'm on Alexina, and if you ask any non-Alexina person that, automatically without any cause for investigation, makes me worse than Hitler.

When opening a personal shop first became available to everyone, I can tell you that on Alexina, the second most popular channel became channel two. The question here is will it become channel two or channel seven; discuss.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Helsa wrote: »
    The invisible hand is going to decide this, not a forum poll. Tarlach is an out-layer in that channel seven is their popular channel. For the other three servers it's channel one. Why things turned out that way, who knows. But if I were a betting Giant, I'd pick channel one to prevail.

BTW I voted 7 here, because I'm on Alexina, and if you ask any non-Alexina person that, automatically without any cause for investigation, makes me worse than Hitler.

When opening a personal shop first became available to everyone, I can tell you that on Alexina, the second most popular channel became channel two. The question here is will it become channel two or channel seven; discuss.

I mean, if anyone wants to make a move to turn ch7 into Alexina's market channel, I'd love to help out ;P