Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jousting returns to Tarlach/Ruari/Mari on Nao

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Although I'm sad it wasn't a complete server merge and I'm apprehensive about how smoothly it will go, on the plus side, since Nao will have a larger population than Alexina, all you long suffering jousting fans on those servers will see regular jousting finals again! I'm looking forward to that!
ShakayaWolfsinger

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I'm in, jousting against NPCs gets boring because it's kinda predictable on what they'll do.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 10, 2019
    I'm in, jousting against NPCs gets boring because it's kinda predictable on what they'll do.

Yep, real people are devious and sneaky and evil, but sometimes just plain stupid, so they make better opponents. I've taken my old clunker laptop out of mothballs, to see if I can have it up and running for the Nao finals. I hope so, I'd like to post them to my YouTube channel as well.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    best way to joust is to not enter any keys to avoid mindgames
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    WAIT...so the servers are already merged?
    WAIT...so the servers are already merged?

Yes, in a future dimension.
    Wolfsingerstarkiller1286Avan
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I will definitely be joining the jousting contests! I tried so hard to get enough people for those on Tarlach and more often than not it ended up not having enough people for finals, so I gave up eventually. I'll be so happy if these kick back up again!
    Would also be happy if more people did the prelims.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited May 22, 2019
    I bet you jousting is still going to be neglected.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 11, 2019
    Owntrolf wrote: »

You can actually joust using the mouse. The letters in the top left when you joust are actually buttons.
    Shakaya wrote: »
    I will definitely be joining the jousting contests! I tried so hard to get enough people for those on Tarlach and more often than not it ended up not having enough people for finals, so I gave up eventually. I'll be so happy if these kick back up again!

Check out my YouTube channel on it. In terms of looking for players patterns it can't help since it only has Alexina finals (for now!!!!!), but there is a playlist of instruction videos. The mini-game is actually more complicated than it appears to be. Get ahead of the curve. Maybe you can be the first winner! I'll warn you though, I have a friend on Ruari that I've been tutoring. Should be a lot of fun though. I'm gonna come and record it, I won't be competing though.
    Gaea wrote: »
    I bet you jousting is still going to be neglected.

Maybe, but since Nao will have a bigger population than Alexina, and since Alexina has had steady finals, with only the occasional hick-up, since electrons first flowed through it, and since now there are items in the jousting shop worth getting, it may not be the case. Also, if I can get a steady stream of Nao finals videos posted on my YouTube channel then don't underestimate the power of vanity.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    We have steady finals?

This is news to me.
  • HelsaHelsa
    We have steady finals?

This is news to me.

On Alexina? Yes, you can see all of them since March 2013 on my YouTube channel.
    PanKensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Alexina is #1
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Jousting seems cool. :) I think I'll pop in sometimes just to give it a go.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Fluorette wrote: »

I'm giddy with school-girl anticipation at the thought of folks returning to jousting! XD
    Helsa wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »

I'm giddy with school-girl anticipation at the thought of folks returning to jousting! XD

If all goes well, 25 days until the first finals tournament.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited May 22, 2019

That's all mabi is, a mind game.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa

Ironically, that's how I beat Adair back in G-whatevertheckitwas. But there is a simple strategy that is not guaranteed to beat the computer in any one match but will have you beat it much more often than not over time.

Ironically, that's how I beat Adair back in G-whatevertheckitwas. But there is a simple strategy that is not guaranteed to beat the computer in any one match but will have you beat it much more often than not over time.

LOL
  • HelsaHelsa

LOL

Oh come on! Not worth an insightful? :P
    Kensamaofmari

LOL

Oh come on! Not worth an insightful? :P

We need a LOL button! or not. xD
    HelsaWolfsingerCrimsọn