Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge Name Sniping

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 11, 2019
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    And I know for a FACT that many players from Alexina never wanted to merge because they considered themselves the superior server. I'm glad that the tables have turned. It's called karma. I hope when this is done and over with that we don't do what you guys did. /rant

Sending a server to higher inactivity and a swifter death is karma? Cool beans.
    Every server has jerks. Using that as a reason to exclude other servers from being merged is useless, given how the other 3 servers have their own stigmas about how mean spirited players are.

Thank you. Many players (from other servers especially) are making fun Alexina community for not getting included in this merge because apparently we are "toxic" and somehow dare to even claim that we didn't want a merge. Like what the hell, how do you know that? You aren't in this server so how do you know that and also every server has equally same type of players. You people need to grow up and stop assuming and taking things seriously from few individuals who were too vocal about not getting merged. This literally makes you look toxic as well. Sigh.
    Kitini
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    And I know for a FACT that many players from Alexina never wanted to merge because they considered themselves the superior server. I'm glad that the tables have turned. It's called karma. I hope when this is done and over with that we don't do what you guys did. /rant

Every server has jerks. Using that as a reason to exclude other servers from being merged is useless, given how the other 3 servers have their own stigmas about how mean spirited players are.

Thank you. Many players (from other servers especially) are making fun Alexina community for not getting included in this merge because apparently we are "toxic" and somehow dare to even claim that we didn't want a merge. Like what the hell, how do you know that? You aren't in this server so how do you know that and also every server has equally same type of players. You people need to grow up and stop assuming and taking things seriously from few individuals who were too vocal about not getting merged. Sigh.

I wish they wouldn't do that. I wish we could be the better people about this especially given all the crap that was said whenever we had one of those threads or in discord. But honestly? Can you blame them after everything? Especially you. I wasn't going to name names, but I really recall you out of everyone pissing all over other servers whenever we had one of those threads. I remember telling you to stop repeatedly.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 11, 2019

Thank you. Many players (from other servers especially) are making fun Alexina community for not getting included in this merge because apparently we are "toxic" and somehow dare to even claim that we didn't want a merge. Like what the hell, how do you know that? You aren't in this server so how do you know that and also every server has equally same type of players. You people need to grow up and stop assuming and taking things seriously from few individuals who were too vocal about not getting merged. Sigh.

I wish they wouldn't do that. I wish we could be the better people about this especially given all the crap that was said whenever we had one of those threads or in discord. But honestly? Can you blame them after everything? Especially you. I wasn't going to name names, but I really recall you out of everyone pissing all over other servers whenever we had one of those threads.

Lol. I was only saying that Alexina is a largest server so i have no clue what you talking about. All i remember is other players (most likely from smaller servers) getting rude and triggered after hearing that and would try to talk out a newbie from joining Alexina because it's "toxic", "inflated", etc. Like literally newbie asks for most populated server and we say the truth, but nope. People get salty and defensive.

EDIT: even if you saw me "pissing" at other servers, it's either because someone else was rude first or you misunderstood me from joking around as for some time i was memeing these newbie threads who asked for most populated server since it would always backfire quickly and it was somewhat odd because they could have done a research and find out about it within a minute, instead of making such threads every month for like half year. It was so funny.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019

I wish they wouldn't do that. I wish we could be the better people about this especially given all the crap that was said whenever we had one of those threads or in discord. But honestly? Can you blame them after everything? Especially you. I wasn't going to name names, but I really recall you out of everyone pissing all over other servers whenever we had one of those threads.

Lol. I was only saying that Alexina is a largest server so i have no clue what you talking about. All i remember is other players (most likely from smaller servers) getting rude and triggered after hearing that and would try to talk out a newbie from joining Alexina because it's "toxic", "inflated", etc. Like literally newbie asks for most populated server and we say the truth, but nope. People get salty and defensive.

4765 comments to sift through.

Sigh...hold my beer.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • kinsuyakinsuya
    Mabinogi Rep: 325
    Alexina was always gloating with superiority.
    Karma indeed.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Sigh...I only found like one example of the comments you used to do, and it was pretty tame compared to what you used to do Greta. But it looks like most of the server feuds we had was back on the old forums. I also recall a lot of these threads would blow up out of control and get shut down. But I remember.

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sigh...I only found like one example of the comments you used to do, and it was pretty tame compared to what you used to do Greta. But it looks like most of the server feuds we had was back on the old forums. I also recall a lot of these threads would blow up out of control and get shut down. But I remember.

Even if Greta was toxic, we can't all be lumped into such a label.
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    To say any particular server is more toxic than the others is plainly ignorant. Every server gloats and has vocal a-holes about every topic. Naturally, a larger server might be seen as having more, but it's the same percentage. Regardless, what even is this 'karma'? It is said by Nexon that Alexina and Nao will have roughly the same playerbase size, so what exactly are they missing out on? What justice is being served in this case?

Not that any of this has any relevance to the name topic.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I'm happy I have such a weird name no one is going to snipe it from me lol
  • GretaGreta
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I'm happy I have such a weird name no one is going to snipe it from me lol

Do you mean this exactly same name which you are using in forums right now?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

Even if Greta was toxic, we can't all be lumped into such a label.

It wasn't just her, other people would chime in on that crap. But even so, you are correct. You should not -all- be lumped in. I'm just saying it's ironic of sorts. All the server bashing that happened came from mostly Alexina at the time, and now the tables are turning.

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Eralea wrote: »
    They could continue preventing new character creation on Nao for a short time after the merge to let everyone reclaim their names and prevent trolls from name-griefing.

It's so disgusting that people are already planning to be spiteful just because they're feeling left out.

Actually THAT is a brilliant idea. They can keep it that way until they release name change coupons. Then after a week of that character creation can be re-enabled again.

This will only work if they have plans to release name change coupons soon after the merge. I hope that's what they have planned. If not I have purchased a cheapo lizard pet that I will create immediately upon the servers going live. I will not lose my name that I have been using for 11 years to some childish troll.

@Katherz please pass this onto the team. We will be able to avoid these vicious trollers from doing this kind of damage.

KEEP CHARACTER AND PET CREATION DISABLED AFTER THE MERGE.

Would that really do anything? Unless they add in name changes that you can buy, nothing you can really do to stop it. I will be there, watching closely :)
    Greta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Solution right here.
  • ShadoeLumiereShadoeLumiere
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    Uhm. This whole name issue would be solved if they allowed us to have a family name which would tag us as unique. @Katherz
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    They could continue preventing new character creation on Nao for a short time after the merge to let everyone reclaim their names and prevent trolls from name-griefing.

It's so disgusting that people are already planning to be spiteful just because they're feeling left out.

Actually THAT is a brilliant idea. They can keep it that way until they release name change coupons. Then after a week of that character creation can be re-enabled again.

This will only work if they have plans to release name change coupons soon after the merge. I hope that's what they have planned. If not I have purchased a cheapo lizard pet that I will create immediately upon the servers going live. I will not lose my name that I have been using for 11 years to some childish troll.

@Katherz please pass this onto the team. We will be able to avoid these vicious trollers from doing this kind of damage.

Would that really do anything? Unless they add in name changes that you can buy, nothing you can really do to stop it. I will be there, watching closely :)

So will I and you will be investigated.

https://web.archive.org/save/http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/20018/server-merge-name-sniping/p2

• HelsaHelsa

Cough cough! <winkie>

• CrimsọnCrimsọn

Cough cough! <winkie>

I don't report people anymore, but if someone does something spiteful to me like that then bleep is gonna hit the fan. :|
  • HelsaHelsa

Cough cough! <winkie>

I don't report people anymore, but if someone does something spiteful to me like that then bleep is gonna hit the fan. :|

No I was just being stupid about grammar but I read it wrong and I messed up. Stupid me! :(
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Every character has a unique ID string assigned to them, so honestly friending people could have been done via Nexon account name if they didn't force everyone to change over to using emails and character names could have been decoupled entirely allowing tens of millions of people to be Kirito on the same server as long as their account names didn't clash.
    Similar to how Phantasy Star Online 2 works, but as usual the blackbox spaghetti code is probably obfuscated too much for this to be implemented into the current incarnation of Mabinogi's server and client.
    Because of that, adding server tags to peoples character names and maybe giving one of you or a griefer the chance to have the original name is the only real solution they can give to clashing names, but maybe no one thought of that when asking for server merges all these years. No going back now though, people wanted a merge and they're getting a merge; and all the technical problems and limitations imposed by the spaghetti code that go with it regardless of what we suggest they do about name clashes.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Good thing I already future proof one of my throw away pets in anticipation of this exact scenario. Had a gut feeling this would turn out to be the path the merge take from all those discussions taking place about this topic over the many months prior.

source.gif

So I'm good. Personally won't be grief by trolls come merge time.