Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Where should the new town hangout be for the merge

Angelhappy43Angelhappy43
Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
edited May 11, 2019 in General Chat
So for those excited and are being part of the Nao server after the merge, do you think everyone will still remain in Dunbarton, or are we going to try to find a new place to AFK in? I know people probably going to fight for their AFK spots lol. But, since we will have a new server, would be neat that we started being in a new place.

I wish we could go back to Tir Chonail for nostalgic reasons, but I am down for Belvast or Tara or Emain being the new spot. Just anywhere lol
Noon_By_September
  1. Where should new town hangout be?52 votes
    1. Tir Chonail
       29% (15 votes)
    2. Dunbarton
       48% (25 votes)
    3. Emain Macha
       10% (5 votes)
    4. Tara
       4% (2 votes)
    5. Tailteann
       2% (1 vote)
    6. Bangor
       2% (1 vote)
    7. Belvast
       6% (3 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 11, 2019
    It's always gonna be Dunbarton, it will never change.

Can you explain how afk spot fights work? How is this even a thing? Lmao.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    Greta wrote: »

Unfortunately, I agree, people usually don't like to change overall. Also, you'd be surprised. I've seen people getting upset when others end up standing practically on top of them "afking in the same spot". It's silly, to say the least.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Dunbarton and perhaps Belfast with Tir Chonaill. Humans and Elves continent warps are set there permanently, with the lesser played race of Giants set to Tir Chonaill. As long as that factor is present, it will almost always be Dunbarton and Belvast, since no one goes to Iria these days.

Tir is where I hang out to chill out from the lagfest of Dunbarton, in all fairness, and it makes for a nice secondary spot.
  • GretaGreta
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »

Unfortunately, I agree, people usually don't like to change overall. Also, you'd be surprised. I've seen people getting upset when others end up standing practically on top of them "afking in the same spot". It's silly, to say the least.

Okay, now this is REALLY silly. Lol. Just go somewhere else or... you know... change channels? Like anything can solve this. xD
    Wolfsinger
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    There are a lot of places to fish already, Port Cobh, Avon, Petra's fishing boat, Emain Macha, and Tir. but if finding private places to afk fish alone is the problem maybe they could just allow us to fish in Tir Na Nog or players could start fishing at their homesteads more often.
    LeineiWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Negumiko wrote: »
    There are a lot of places to fish already, Port Cobh, Avon, Petra's fishing boat, Emain Macha, and Tir. but if finding private places to afk fish alone is the problem maybe they could just allow us to fish in Tir Na Nog or players could start fishing at their homesteads more often.

Ummm... We are not talking about afk fishing. We are talking about just afking.
  • NegumikoNegumiko

not sure how I even got fishing from that. but just afking makes it even easier. there are tons of little spots to hide in and the more difficult places to get to are the most fun. but if players want to stay near Dunbarton where most of the events are then you could just fly and land on the walls of Dunbarton. there are never any players up there.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited May 12, 2019

not sure how I even got fishing from that. but just afking makes it even easier. there are tons of little spots to hide in and the more difficult places to get to are the most fun. but if players want to stay near Dunbarton where most of the events are then you could just fly and land on the walls of Dunbarton. there are never any players up there.

Until everyone decides that's the new spot.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The new AFK spot will be the eastern wall of Dunby.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    How would it not be that:
    - most players will hang out in Dunby,
    - newer players and PvPers that prey upon them to boost their percentage will hang out in Tir, and
    - commodity flippers will hang out in Belfast?
    Helsa wrote: »
    How would it not be that:
    - most players will hang out in Dunby,
    - newer players and PvPers that prey upon them to boost their percentage will hang out in Tir, and
    - commodity flippers will hang out in Belfast?

I'm expecting a lot more shops in Dunby after merge because Belvast will be full house again, and that's even with AH.
  • NegumikoNegumiko

you can also check kiosks while you are standing on the wall. for some reason it just works so you don't need to run through a laggy crowd to get to them.

you can also check kiosks while you are standing on the wall. for some reason it just works so you don't need to run through a laggy crowd to get to them.

That would be the northern wall from regular access.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

That would be the northern wall from regular access.

They can also be placed along the southern wall.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    New Afk spot should be at Furghus's blacksmith shop so we can all be dazzled by his bare chests.
    Alshian wrote: »
    New Afk spot should be at Furghus's blacksmith shop so we can all be dazzled by his bare chests.

Good because shops can be placed near the path of the moongate.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    In the future, milletians will AFK in the skies and on rooftops, having conquered flight by then.
    BlissfulkillRadiant DawnWolfsingerRosalinaSherri
    Aquasol wrote: »
    In the future, milletians will AFK in the skies and on rooftops, having conquered flight by then.

I don't think rooftops are readily accessible though...
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Housing Channel.
    WolfsingerTHICCthighssavelives
  • RosalinaRosalina
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    The easily accessible void in Malcom's shop.