Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Quality of Life

AmarazAmaraz
Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
in Feedback and Suggestions
Mabinogi has been doing a decent job updating their game, but there are still a few things that are being ignored. Almost every MMO you see that was made within the past decade has these features, that mabi lacks.

-Ability to SHIFT+CLICK items from pet to bag, bag to pet, bag to shop.
-Larger stacks of items that everyone has laying around (Potions, gold, herbs, feathers, bandages ect)
-I'm not sure what the logic behind having bags within the main inventory, but it's getting old. Can we please move to a more progressive system of adding rows to your inventory instead of adding bags and playing tetris to make everything fit properly? Shop bags can be something separate that you purchase and appears as a different inventory window.
-Do outfits really need to take up so much space? Why not convert each outfit, shoes, gloves, hats, to a 1x1 slot and then make our inventories smaller in general.

The point here is to create a small window for people to look at. Bags on bags on bags is creating too large of an inventory to look at for players. Some players' inventory takes up the ENTIRE screen, and that's honestly terrible.

Anyone else, please chime in with more quality of life ideas and let me know if you agree with these suggestions or can think of a better way to do them.
  1. Do we need better inventory management?13 votes
    1. Yes
       77% (10 votes)
    2. No
       15% (2 votes)
    3. I have another opinion...
       8% (1 vote)

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited May 11, 2019
    So like, if I had a suggestion about better title organization, is this the right thread for it?

I mean do we really need 60+ undiscovered titles, I have master title, other title, then more master titles.
    I would suggest that all the master titles have a different symbol preceding the name instead of the usual "*" How about using "@" or something to denote master titles only.

Also I would like to see the window for titles expanded left and right so you can see the whole/ more of, what titles you are looking at instead of just clicking on the title to see what it is.

If this is the wrong thread for this, I am sorry.
    Amaraz
  • AmarazAmaraz
    I would say you're fine to suggest it here, since it's a quality of life suggestion for the game. You bring up a good point. I spend too much time trying to figure out what titles I should look up. I wish there was a way to look up a title by what it gives as well, along with it's name. Because I might want to use a title that gives me Fishing success rate, but I dont know the name of the title off hand. I don't want to have to search through a huge list of titles, checking each stats.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

If it feels good, do it. Sure there are some on this forum who will squeal with delight to point out how wrong your actions are and things like that. They were probably the kids in grade school who the teacher had stand by the black board to write down names of those who talked while the teacher was taking a pee. Whatever. F-em anyway.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Helsa wrote: »

If it feels good, do it. Sure there are some on this forum who will squeal with delight to point out how wrong your actions are and things like that. They were probably the kids in grade school who the teacher had stand by the black board to write down names of those who talked while the teacher was taking a pee. Whatever. F-em anyway.

Lmao, honestly, I'm just glad people are contributing to suggestions to Nexon
  • ClemonsClemons
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    On the topic of inventory management I think it's worth mentioning some good ideas other mmos have come up with. FFXIV added a feature that lets you search for an item and then returns a breakdown of how many of said item are in each of ALL additional inventories available to the player (eg. bank, pets, bags and dressing room). For Mabi where players can have 50+ additional inventories through pets, bags and bank tabs; a feature like this would be very useful. Another game that comes to mind is Path of Exile since it uses the same Diablo inspired inventory system. While it doesn't really offer much more than the inventory search that we did already have added to Mabi that lights up the background anything that matches the search bar. What's really worth mentioning is the auto generated trade whispers which players use because the game dose not have any kind of market or shops so all trading has to be done manually by the players. For those not familiar it usually reads something like:

@<CHARACTER> Hi, I would like to buy your <ITEM> listed for <AMOUNT> in <SERVER> (stash tab "3"; position: left 6, top 1)

The important inclusion is the exact position of the item which really saves a LOT of time.
    Amaraz
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Clemons wrote: »
    On the topic of inventory management I think it's worth mentioning some good ideas other mmos have come up with. FFXIV added a feature that lets you search for an item and then returns a breakdown of how many of said item are in each of ALL additional inventories available to the player (eg. bank, pets, bags and dressing room). For Mabi where players can have 50+ additional inventories through pets, bags and bank tabs; a feature like this would be very useful. Another game that comes to mind is Path of Exile since it uses the same Diablo inspired inventory system. While it doesn't really offer much more than the inventory search that we did already have added to Mabi that lights up the background anything that matches the search bar. What's really worth mentioning is the auto generated trade whispers which players use because the game dose not have any kind of market or shops so all trading has to be done manually by the players. For those not familiar it usually reads something like:

@<CHARACTER> Hi, I would like to buy your <ITEM> listed for <AMOUNT> in <SERVER> (stash tab "3"; position: left 6, top 1)

The important inclusion is the exact position of the item which really saves a LOT of time.

Another good suggestion.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Some suggestions to help the inventory problem.

Bag stuff:

1. Please name the bag window with the bag item's actual name, like Moonlight Hammer Ferghus Doll Bag instead of just Bag. Cut the name short if it's too long, but anything is better than 7 windows all named Bag.

2. Don't hide the bag's item type preference icons when it gets minimized.

3. Option to add nickname to bag window, like "Gems" or "Sell".

x2RLRK9.jpg

5. Allow custom rules (filters) in the bag preference window like: ALLOW all weapons EXCEPT all weapons with 0 durability. Auction House already has very powerful categories and filters. We could use that system for bag filters.

kdvSY1K.jpg

6. Allow some way to re-order bag hierarchy, meaning which bag window gets shown on top and where items go first when there are no preferences set. The simplest solution is to follow the order of the bags in your main inventory (first use the bag in the top left, all the way down to the bag in the bottom right).

Misc interface stuff:

1. Stop with the endless popup windows that tell us we received items. Option to move this information to a scrolling text log somewhere.

2. Some way, somehow, let us combine/stack items that are functionally equivalent yet separate items. This mostly applies to items that have ran out of allowable trades. When these items reach 0 trades left, please just turn them into the event/non-tradeable version. Example, Combat 2x EXP Potion (10 minutes) are stackable. There are event and non-event versions of this potion. When the non-event version runs out of trades, it ends up being the exact same item as the event version but the two stacks can't stack together.

3. Not too important, but let us dye leather/cloth/silk pouches. It would help with organizing.
    Amaraz
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Some items don't make sense making inventory arrangement funny. For example, wooden boards are 1x1 which is the same size as a potion or blueberry while metal plates are 2x2.

What I would prefer is a proper measurement system, otherwise just do as other games do, make everything 1x1.

In terms of organization, things that can be stacked should be allowed to be stacked, such as dungeon passes that currently are not stackable.
    Amaraz
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    How about 3 different partial stacks of Nao Stones? That's annoying.

What's even more annoying is that they use Nao Stones always from stacks that are not of the lowest quantity.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

What's even more annoying is that they use Nao Stones always from stacks that are not of the lowest quantity.

Not by position?

Not by position?

I've placed the lowest quantity of Nao stones at the bottom just like everything else, but it just keeps consuming from the bigger stack from the top. Or maybe it's just picking on me.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

Not by position?

I've placed the lowest quantity of Nao stones at the bottom just like everything else, but it just keeps consuming from the bigger stack from the top. Or maybe it's just picking on me.

Were the ones you wanted used in the same bag, and at the right of the ones you wanted to keep? Because mine work correctly, whatever the amount, as long as they're kept in the same bag or both are in inventory.
    Draech wrote: »

Not by position?

Were the ones you wanted used in the same bag, and at the right of the ones you wanted to keep? Because mine work correctly, whatever the amount, as long as they're kept in the same bag or both are in inventory.

I keep all my Nao Stones in soul stream inventory.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    I'd love to keep all of my Nao Stones in ONE stack.
    Amaraz
    I'd love to keep all of my Nao Stones in ONE stack.

But then there's tradable and not tradable once.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    edited May 14, 2019
    Some suggestions to help the inventory problem.

Bag stuff:

1. Please name the bag window with the bag item's actual name, like Moonlight Hammer Ferghus Doll Bag instead of just Bag. Cut the name short if it's too long, but anything is better than 7 windows all named Bag.

2. Don't hide the bag's item type preference icons when it gets minimized.

3. Option to add nickname to bag window, like "Gems" or "Sell".

x2RLRK9.jpg

5. Allow custom rules (filters) in the bag preference window like: ALLOW all weapons EXCEPT all weapons with 0 durability. Auction House already has very powerful categories and filters. We could use that system for bag filters.

kdvSY1K.jpg

6. Allow some way to re-order bag hierarchy, meaning which bag window gets shown on top and where items go first when there are no preferences set. The simplest solution is to follow the order of the bags in your main inventory (first use the bag in the top left, all the way down to the bag in the bottom right).

Misc interface stuff:

1. Stop with the endless popup windows that tell us we received items. Option to move this information to a scrolling text log somewhere.

2. Some way, somehow, let us combine/stack items that are functionally equivalent yet separate items. This mostly applies to items that have ran out of allowable trades. When these items reach 0 trades left, please just turn them into the event/non-tradeable version. Example, Combat 2x EXP Potion (10 minutes) are stackable. There are event and non-event versions of this potion. When the non-event version runs out of trades, it ends up being the exact same item as the event version but the two stacks can't stack together.

3. Not too important, but let us dye leather/cloth/silk pouches. It would help with organizing.

Amen. Bless this post