Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Server Merge & FAQ

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited May 19, 2019
    Vasumati wrote: »
    thanks rurai, tarlach and mari for beta testing the server merge hahaha

alexinas won't come til lafter when al lthe kinks are ironed out ;)

hopefully Alexina will be added about a month after the first server merge. really hope Alexina doesn't get ignored for a few years and they wait until we are near dead to add us.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 22, 2019
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Vasumati wrote: »
    thanks rurai, tarlach and mari for beta testing the server merge hahaha

alexinas won't come til lafter when al lthe kinks are ironed out ;)

hopefully Alexina will be added about a month after the first server merge. really hope Alexina doesn't get ignored for a few years and they wait until we are near dead to add us.

That's what happened with the other servers. :)

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited May 19, 2019
    Here is a thought to think about... Nexon dropping G23 and Server Merge at the same time. :P

This, I believe, is a relevant (can't think of better word) idea because it will give people in Alexina something while everyone else is also getting merge.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Here is a thought to think about... Nexon dropping G23 and Server Merge at the same time. :P

Oh look they have their own building now with a sidewalk. :)
    https://goo.gl/maps/VGcit8hTGsLNQuAd8

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    hopefully Alexina will be added about a month after the first server merge

That's what I've been hoping, though I'd be happy even if it was months. If it happens Alexina would simply be absorbed and the remaining one server would remain being called Nao. I think pretty much everyone on Alexina would be perfectly okay with that. A few things keep gnawing at me though:
    1) Why was the game made with multiple servers in the first place?
    2) Why was Alexina added?
    3) Why was each server limited to 7 channels?
    The answer to all of these might very well be, "because a server can only handle so much". If that's the case then there would be a limit beyond which a player base cannot be housed on one server. That would sukk. Of course, making it so that the entire player base COULD be hosted on one server, is, at the heart of it, a technical problem; that would fall into a cost/benefit analysis. The thing is, moving to this third part host, might go towards allowing just that; who knows.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 19, 2019
    I know it's the weekend, and no one will likely be here to Vmod.
    However, as this thread is meant to be the official Server Merge discussion thread, my old Megathread is ready to be archived via "Lock."
    This should be the last comment for the thread:
    Server Merge Announcement Page
    If you would like to discuss the Server Merge, please consult this official forum thread.
    Please remember to keep discussion as civil as possible.

Gaea wrote: »
    Play nice, Greta probably misread the quote sequence.

Pan wrote: »
    If they merged Alexina, we wouldn't be needing tests.
    Tests are always a requirement for everything server related.
    To go without tests is to risk the deletion of the entire server database. (In the ultimate worst case scenario.)
    Valenth wrote: »
    I wish Alexina was included in this.
    Alexina is dead.
    Our population is bots. No one is active.
    I'm certain that by the time the merge is complete, Nao will be free of bot accounts.
    However, the fact remains that so far KR has completed basic quality of life updates for the KR server.
    It may take some time for them to work out more modern and advanced security measures for NA to quash bots once and for all.
    Unfortunately it's not our department as a player to ask them, so Alexina will have to await further instruction from the ban hammer.

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Helsa wrote: »

That's what I've been hoping, though I'd be happy even if it was months. If it happens Alexina would simply be absorbed and the remaining one server would remain being called Nao. I think pretty much everyone on Alexina would be perfectly okay with that. A few things keep gnawing at me though:
    The answer to all of these might very well be, "because a server can only handle so much". If that's the case then there would be a limit beyond which a player base cannot be housed on one server. That would sukk. Of course, making it so that the entire player base COULD be hosted on one server, is, at the heart of it, a technical problem; that would fall into a cost/benefit analysis. The thing is, moving to this third part host, might go towards allowing just that; who knows.

I would be perfectly fine with Alexina being merged as late as August or early September if needed. would be nice if they could give us confirmation that it would happen in mid to late June though. so far Alexina is just being left completely in the dark not knowing what will happen to Alexina at all. if having everything on one server is to much for one server to handle at least be direct with the community and just say it. since we would barely have a full server if everything was merged I do think it is possible, we wouldn't even quite reach the server max player population if Alexina was included and there other mmos with full servers that function just fine. for now all we can do is wait for answers, which probably won't happen until at least June 3rd or later but the wait sure is tough.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

I would be perfectly fine with Alexina being merged as late as August or early September if needed. would be nice if they could give us confirmation that it would happen in mid to late June though. so far Alexina is just being left completely in the dark not knowing what will happen to Alexina at all. if having everything on one server is to much for one server to handle at least be direct with the community and just say it. since we would barely have a full server if everything was merged I do think it is possible, we wouldn't even quite reach the server max player population if Alexina was included and there other mmos with full servers that function just fine. for now all we can do is wait for answers, which probably won't happen until at least June 3rd or later but the wait sure is tough.

There doesn't seem to be any indication of that. And as I've said before, there needs to be a least 2 servers to choose from or we will end up like the old days where you can't reach channel 1 for the life of you. I am concerned that after those 3 servers are merged we're going to run into that ancient problem again.

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    There doesn't seem to be any indication of that.

Unfortunately, you may have a point there. I should have added as a fourth point: Why isn't this a full merge. There could be several explanations for it including, "because they can't".
    And as I've said before, there needs to be a least 2 servers to choose from or we will end up like the old days where you can't reach channel 1 for the life of you. I am concerned that after those 3 servers are merged we're going to run into that ancient problem again.

Access to channel one, in light of the Auction House, is not the issue that it used to be. If given the choice between making item flippers happy on one server to not letting an entire other server atrophy and die, I suspect the later will be chosen.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    I am already feeling myself die on this server.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Players with duplicate names get divorced BEFORE the merge!

I remember a player who convince a GM to change their ign. It borked their marriage. I think I recall that they can't even get divorced because the system doesn't recognize the correct player and their married title name comes up as a bunch of question marks. To avoid any glitches or bugs get divorced and remarry after the merge.

Because I will tell you right now they were NEVER able to to fix that player. It perma broke them. :|

Whether you like it or not, players with duplicate names are technically getting name changes. The name change WILL glitch any marriages. I am so glad I remembered this. Hey @Katherz you might want to let the team know about this. >_>;;;

LeineiHollyBlueAgate
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

I remember a player who convince a GM to change their ign. It borked their marriage. I think I recall that they can't even get divorced because the system doesn't recognize the correct player and their married title name comes up as a bunch of question marks. To avoid any glitches or bugs get divorced and remarry after the merge.

Because I will tell you right now they were NEVER able to to fix that player. It perma broke them. :|

Whether you like it or not, players with duplicate names are technically getting name changes. The name change WILL glitch any marriages. I am so glad I remembered this. Hey @Katherz you might want to let the team know about this. >_>;;;

Ooooh this is a very good thing to keep in mind.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »

Word needs to get out fast. We only have 2 weeks left.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Leinei wrote: »

Word needs to get out fast. We only have 2 weeks left.

Time flies.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Another thing to consider, Meet-Cute bracelets. I wonder if the merge will mess those up as well?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019
    Ladame wrote: »
    Another thing to consider, Meet-Cute bracelets. I wonder if the merge will mess those up as well?

1463705153-a88812099eb0665752e1e91e535dee38.jpeg

KensamaofmariLadameDarkpixie99
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620

It's a loss, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice. Que the "Country Roads" song (preferably from Whispers of the Heart version).
    TsukoyomiZero2021Poyopoyo
  • PoyopoyoPoyopoyo
    Mabinogi Rep: 500

It's a loss, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice. Que the "Country Roads" song (preferably from Whispers of the Heart version).

well put xD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019

Nah the original will do, kthx. (From WV btw so bleep that god awful noise).

Gaea momma, take me home. ^_^

Or we can go weeb if you like.

XD

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2019

I refuse! I had to grind for those! THEY BETTER FIX THEM!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!