Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How long will the merge take?

Comments

• EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I really hope those with active service are compensated for lost time during the merge maintenance.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 23, 2019
    Emeris wrote: »
    I really hope those with active service are compensated for lost time during the merge maintenance.

I don't think they do that anymore. I mean I know they used to but I know they haven't compensated services in years now (because barely anyone buys vip services anymore since 3 years ago we discovered that KR has been getting some sweet vip updates and we have been left to rot).

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

Good question. I think your termination date is shown on the soul stream screen; take a screen shot and compare after the maintainence.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Gaea wrote: »

I don't think they do that anymore. I mean I know they used to but I know they haven't compensated services in years now (because barely anyone buys vip services anymore since 3 years ago we discovered that KR has been getting some sweet vip updates and we have been left to rot).

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of it's affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.

They were supposed to be updating VIP this year, early in the year.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 23, 2019

They were supposed to be updating VIP this year, early in the year.

Yes I know that. I think that's the next big move they are going to tackle after the merge. That or name change coupons.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Hopefully both- immediately after the merge pls
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 24, 2019
    Maia wrote: »

Unfortunately more than likely because of the aftermath of the merge, name change coupons are not going to be made available within the week of the merge.

And thus this is why we actually have these disclaimers following all of our comments lately, it was for memes but ultimately it's something you should be concerned about. We are sick of the deletions and reprimands, even though we know there is a crap storm to come. We have been here a long time and we know better based on past experience and events.

Prepare yourselves.

DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Unfortunately more than likely because of the aftermath of the merge, name change coupons are not going to be made available within the week of the merge.

And thus this is why we actually have these disclaimers following all of our comments lately, it was for memes but ultimately it's something you should be concerned about. We are sick of the deletions and reprimands, even though we know there is a crap storm to come. We have been here a long time and we know better based on past experience and events.

Prepare yourselves.

Prepare for trouble?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I'm guessing it'll take a week, and then they come to tell us why its taken a week:

All the data was deleted (including Alexina, just cause).

I voted for cancelled, though.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I'm guessing it'll take a week, and then they come to tell us why its taken a week:

All the data was deleted (including Alexina, just cause).

I voted for cancelled, though.

Yeah that's always a possibility. I mean they say they are testing, but are they testing with copies of the actual servers? Or are they just testing with some characters they made that don't include a plethora of information and legacy from the last 11 years?

See that's a good question.
    Helsa
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Well the good news is that if it's a major problem they'll be a lot more inclined to find a solution

You know, that's true. I just think problems should be prevented. I wish they would update that FAQ.

But you know what guys, lets get back on topic here. What are you guys going to do while the server is down?

Btw...totally going to start tagging this to the end of all my comments from here on out.

for monday be slightly sad i cant be on my character to see her adorable foxiness as usual. but since itl likely be going on through tuesday as well. ill have something to do since Destiny 2 gets its 3rd DLC, Penumbra for its Annual Pass which releases on june 4th. so still have something to do then at least.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited May 30, 2019
    It’s a good time to quit Mabinogi during the merge.
    Pan wrote: »

Bye then.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Pan wrote: »

35449e339b33583382f89065bb699d40.gif
    Kensamaofmari
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 31, 2019
    Likely only an hour or three if it's done the way I'm guessing they'll do it. Anything extra is pretty much just verification that things work properly
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Likely only an hour or three if it's done the way I'm guessing they'll do it. Anything extra is pretty much just verification that things work properly

LMAO.
    Greta wrote: »

LMAO.

Pretty much, the usual.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Yep. Lets say: the actual work to make the transfer could be done in 12 hours I think, but then there's confirmation of results and then any trouble shooting. But if they're gangsta they'll do it in 12. XD
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited May 31, 2019
    I meant more along the lines of having it done passively over a few days before maintenance actually happens, and then just touching by info that was modified since then, then just pulling switcharooony and a game of spot-the-difference. Hence the wild guess at a relatively short "maintenence"
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    this-thread-got-me-like.jpg