Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - June 3rd

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited June 4, 2019 in Vault
UPDATE: The maintenance has been completed! Please take the time to review the following:

• Active VIP or Premium Service has been extended by 24 hours.
  • Known Issues:
  • Some Mini Pets may not show up correctly on the Character Selection Menu, as well as the Pet Information Menu. As these pets do not have an inventory, no items are lost. No support ticket is needed for this issue, and this will be investigated further. Updates will be provided regarding this issue as soon as possible.
  • Some character names in the Guild List may show up as duplicate. This will be resolved in a future maintenance.
  • Affecting the Nao server only, requesting to join or leave a guild on some characters may not work. Additionally, the Guild Info on the main website will be updated as soon as possible to show the current Nao guilds.

Mabinogi will have a scheduled maintenance on Monday, June 3rd. During this time, the game will be unavailable for all servers. Maintenance is expected to begin at 3:00 PM PDT and last approximately 19 hours.

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
Monday, June 3rd
Pacific (PDT, UTC-7): 3:00 PM - 10:00 AM, Tuesday, June 4th
Eastern (EDT, UTC-4): 6:00 PM - 1:00 PM, Tuesday, June 4th
Paris (CEST, UTC+2): 12:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Tuesday, June 4th

To address the following:

• Weekly server upkeep.
  • End of the Tennis Bingo Event. The Tryouts Bingo Board and Bingo Coins will be removed.
  • End of the Rebirth Potion Parade.
  • End of the Sky Lantern Event.
  • Server Merge for the Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach servers into the Nao server. Please read through the Server Merge FAQ and Server Merge FAQ 2 for more information!
  • Reminder: Please retrieve any items from the cash shop Item Shop Inventory before the merge maintenance on June 3rd so that any items are not lost, as the items in this inventory will not be merged.
  • Please retrieve any items placed in your Marketplace Shop Inventory or any items in the 'Retrieve Items' menu accessed through the Marketplace bank NPC before the merge maintenance on June 3rd so that any items are not lost.
  • It's time to celebrate! Server Merge Celebration Events and Sales will begin after the merge, including the anticipated Summer Forest Pet Box with the new Ceraunus pet!
  • Summer is almost here, so the Summer Master Plan event is starting!

Important Note

The name change system will not be available immediately after the merge maintenance, and will be released in the near future. An announcement will be posted, in advance, regarding the release date of the free name change system (for those affected by the server tag) and for the sale of name changes (for those not affected).

As noted in FAQ2, to prevent "name-stealing" and to protect the original character names that have the added server tag, the original names will not be available when creating a new character or pet, temporarily. When the free name change system is available, characters who receive a free name change will be given a grace period (before the sale of name changes) to request their original name or a new preferred name on a first come, first serve basis.

- The Mabinogi Team

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 2, 2019
    Katherz wrote: »
    Mabinogi will have a scheduled maintenance on Monday, June 3rd. During this time, the game will be unavailable for all servers.

Awesome, wishing you all there Good Luck!
    Maintenance is expected to last approximately 19 hours.

Called it!
    Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
    Monday, June 3rd
    Pacific (PDT, UTC-7): 3:00 PM

Doh, got it wrong!
    As noted in FAQ2, to prevent "name-stealing" and to protect the original character names that have the added server tag, the original names will not be available when creating a new character or pet, temporarily. When the free name change system is available, characters who receive a free name change will be given a grace period (before the sale of name changes) to request their original name or a new preferred name on a first come, first serve basis.

Called it!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Raise your hand if you plan to get transferred into Erinn literally Isekai style during the merge.
    SaiBagelshotUtakamoTabari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Raise your hand if you plan to get transferred into Erinn literally Isekai style during the merge.

Can you translate that for us non-weeboos?
  • LenariLenari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820

If someone is able to request a brand new name, then "name-stealing" can still happen? For example, if Person A wants their original name and submits a name change, but Person B doesn't want their original name and wants a new name, which is coincidentally Person A's name, would you prioritize Person A in this case?

• RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    Lenari wrote: »

If someone is able to request a brand new name, then "name-stealing" can still happen? For example, if Person A wants their original name and submits a name change, but Person B doesn't want their original name and wants a new name, which is coincidentally Person A's name, would you prioritize Person A in this case?

This is what I was wondering, I hope they prioritize original names, then how active they are compared to each other. It'd be stupid if someone's alt who is like level 20 got a name over someone who's level 5+ and actively plays the game just because they submitted first. People have to work and can't instantly request their names right away
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

As the leading expert in Isekai, I'm ready.
    Kensamaofmari
  • SenjiSenji
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    edited June 2, 2019

[Removed] First server Basis on ORIGINAL NAO SERVER USERS
    This is already at Fault First Come First Serve NAME STEAL Under protection of Your Fergy
    Names created back in Original Nao server ought to reserve right to them.....

now the originals are at risk of losing their originality and have to once again attempt to gain it back Again.

Comment edited due to inappropriate language; please do not bypass the word filter.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Name changing will not come until later. Since they are trying to prevent name stealing, they will probably use the same algorithm for protecting the names during the character creation process for the name change process as well. Meaning for now you can't get your old name back but neither can anyone else, because then SOMEONE would have to lose.

SPECULATION WARNING Why are they protecting names if, like in highlander, there can be only one? The only thing that makes sense to me is that they will at some time include a system of repeat names. When that comes in those folks with +server names may get their old names back free as part of the maintenance. That means KEEP your +server names.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Yay, Master Plan Event. 2x, maybe 3x, AP please? I need more AP so I can use Alchemy again without de-ranking other stuff. Please?
  • SenjiSenji
    edited June 2, 2019
    Lenari wrote: »

better yet a 4th or 5th year Millitian gets their name change first before the 1st Year Millitian. Now the Identity and/Or Fame of the 1st Year is being destroyed by someone else.
  • SenjiSenji
    Having Family Names / Team Name as Suffix would have been better off than " There Can Only Be One " Princess of the universe
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

Can you translate that for us non-weeboos?

Literally people getting transferred into a game/alternate world.

On the other hand
    Maintenance is coming
  • HelsaHelsa
    Helsa wrote: »
    Name changing will not come until later. Since they are trying to prevent name stealing, they will probably use the same algorithm for protecting the names during the character creation process for the name change process as well. Meaning for now you can't get your old name back but neither can anyone else, because then SOMEONE would have to lose.

SPECULATION WARNING Why are they protecting names if, like in highlander, there can be only one? The only thing that makes sense to me is that they will at some time include a system of repeat names. When that comes in those folks with +server names may get their old names back free as part of the maintenance. That means KEEP your +server names.

I just read the announcement again. Whoopsies. It looks like someone will have to lose.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The merge will definitely get extended at least once.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited June 3, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

Absolutely.
    --
    I believe this is the longest maint we've had, longer than the Iria update maint?
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also woo master plan, does this mean free appearance changes(besides beauty coupons)? Cause I've been wanting to change my eye/hair color for a while and I have no pon. :(
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Sucks they didn't pull a Kokopo and make the Ceraunus directly buyable.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 3, 2019

I hope not. Since this is something they've planned and practiced, if there's an extension, the odds are it might involve a do-over, which would greatly extend it.

The best case scenario for an extension is that they just underestimated the time.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Harukari wrote: »

Absolutely.
    --
    I believe this is the longest maint we've had, longer than the Iria update maint?
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also woo master plan, does this mean free appearance changes(besides beauty coupons)? Cause I've been wanting to change my eye/hair color for a while and I have no pon. :(

Maybe the longest on paper, but I could swear Iria took a few days in total due to complications, resulting in the team being sent home at least once, unless that was another maint I’m thinking of.

Darkpixie99
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 3, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    [Comment Removed]

You said this several times already, it's not even interesting anymore.
    ImaizumiPan
  • najee508najee508
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited June 3, 2019
    19 hours I see i thought potara fusions only last for an hour lol . i hope the merge works smoothly! :)