Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nao Sever PvP

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »
    I guess players see Pvp as a honor bound battle instead of fun.

Nice quote. I couldn't agree more.

Here's few fragments of PvP Tournament rules:

21KmhBj.png
    adXBzip.png
    gaELOgg.png

:D

Pussies.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited May 27, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »
    The QQ regarding the pvp rules some people make is completely dumb...

It's THEIR tournament, with THEIR rules, if you even want to participate you have to ACCEPT the rules. Nobody is making you participate, you're FREE to do so.

Why the hell does it matter to you if they do the tournament with restrictions or not? If you don't like the restrictions, don't participate, it's THAT simple, literally no need to complain about it.
    It's like complaining that some raffle only allows people to buy one ticket, which means you can't get a higher chance of winning by buying more tickets... It's just silly and lacks logic.

Besides, Mabinogi is NOT a pvp game, and I'm sorry to say, but this game has BY FAR the worst pvp system I have EVER seen in a game. Pvp is basically an afterthought in this game, evidenced by how unbalanced it is.

I think Pay to win games are far worse.. Even if the pvp was good, the fact that you can pay to win against other players is beyond dumb, that takes away more skill than this game ever has.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Greta wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    .....Maybe people should be asking for PvP revamp?

Well maybe? But i have no ideas how to revamp it on such game...

Firstly, they would have to revamp the actual combat style it's self. When they made it so you don't get stunned hardly anymore in pvp that really killed it.
    They would have to change EVG to Free for all, with guildies/parties being your team mates... Then change it how you respawn.

After that, balance gear out maybe?
    give more options to pvp duels, like skills you can turn off, etc etc.

Then completely change arena's and guild wars.
    Maybe add a proper arena for all pvp/gvg. Except duels can be every where.

Maybe when you enter into pvp mode you are "given" a specific set of gear/stats? that mite be cool.
  • MontjulentMontjulent
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    If you strip everything down to the basic melee combat triangle with the game's original combat, Mabinogi actually has a really interesting PVP system based on predicting what your opponent is trying to do based on the actions they're visibly choosing to show.

I'm pretty sure this was an accident, though; At no point in the game's life did Devcat show any hint of caring about PVP, so with each update adding new abilities and skills, things became increasingly more and more unbalanced and any concept of serious PVP quickly became a joke.

After the combat system update, PVP is over; abandon all hope, it's now just a contest of wildly spamming attacks and whoever has the biggest numbers win. No matter how many restrictions you place, and how far you try to limit players, it's impossible to get close to the original game's pvp with the new combat system.

It's a shame, too, because there definitely could have been a really good and varied pvp system if they had put any effort into balancing stuff.

AlexisEU
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Montjulent wrote: »
    After the combat system update, PVP is over

Not entirely so. For those PvPers longing for the old days of waiting for your skill to load, you can log into your pets and PvP with them. They, like the game mobs, still use the old combat system. Pets are strictly close combat with a smattering of magic bolts, not unlike the old days. Maybe logging into your pets and PvPing with them will bring back those halcyon days of beating up your friends.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited June 1, 2019
    If there is a huge blitz of PvP after the merge, you can bet your bottom Gold I'll be turning down every request I get. I'm not that into PvP, especially because there are inevitably players who hunt around for weaker people to bilk into a battle for free wins and weird rules on what skills/tactics you can and can't use. Just look at competitive Pokemon. It's a mess with all of the rules people try to implement to prevent the over-use of a single First Order Optimal Strategy...or, sometimes, to promote the league runners' FOOS and keep it viable even when others have found ways to beat it. PvP is too much drama for me.

...However, I will sit on the sidelines and watch the fireworks...
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 3, 2019
    If there is a huge blitz of PvP after the merge, you can bet your bottom Gold I'll be turning down every request I get. I'm not that into PvP, especially because there are inevitably players who hunt around for weaker people to bilk into a battle for free wins and weird rules on what skills/tactics you can and can't use. Just look at competitive Pokemon. It's a mess with all of the rules people try to implement to prevent the over use of a single First Order Optimal Strategy...or, sometimes, to promote the league runners' FOOS and keep it viable even when others have found ways to beat it. PvP is too much drama for me.

...However, I will sit on the sidelines and watch the fireworks...

I'm not into PvP either, but if it has happened that each of the three servers have somehow developed different approaches or styles to PvP, then seeing these different approaches collide might be fun to watch. Fireworks indeed, it will be exciting for spectators and competitors alike. In the short run, I'll bet on ex-Mari, it has the oldest accounts in the game, and the biggest population of the three.
    DanievictriaWolfsinger
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Once I and my guildies are more capable in end-game dungeons I would love to start participating in guild battles. I don't think we currently are equally matched with the current defender guilds, though. We have some grinding to do first. xD
  • GembiGembi
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    Defiantly would love to see more PvP in the game. I am not good at it myself, but I generally love to see the competition. Yes, there are rules, and that is to make duel more fun and fair to all players. I honestly feel Nexon should make a PvP scoreboard that resets monthly because that makes it fun instead of just searching everyone's stats. Lots of people want to be on the top, so its just competition.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Gembi wrote: »
    Defiantly would love to see more PvP in the game. I am not good at it myself, but I generally love to see the competition. Yes, there are rules, and that is to make duel more fun and fair to all players. I honestly feel Nexon should make a PvP scoreboard that resets monthly because that makes it fun instead of just searching everyone's stats. Lots of people want to be on the top, so its just competition.

Many times I've suggested making the PvP set-up window sophisticated enough to allow folks to set-up those "special rules" should they choose to.
  • HelsaHelsa
    So any PvP war stories yet?
  • MabiServerMergeMabiServerMerge
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited July 26, 2023

h