Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What a time to be alive

SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
in General Chat
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how good this series of events is right now? We get the crossover with a directly-buyable pet and a "gachapon" where you get at least something of actual value guaranteed. Then we're getting solid event's that are non-afk with Samhain's return and the music update/events. Not to mention that free tuan pet and dyes if you pre-registered. While I'm willing to throw cash at a gacha for the instruments we get most of them (If not all, not sure about harp/piano) for free by crafting dungeon materials giving further incentive to run the music dungeon and do the quests.
It's been a while since I've seen this amount of active players and guildmates running around the servers and it's really delightful and reminiscent of earlier years. Maybe events should just always be this good and this isn't worth praise but imo they did good.
EMTchibiBlissfulkillSebastianAavaBlazewitch[Deleted User]DaktaroFloristFweep

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    While I can't attest to the population, the music dungeon is pretty fun, and Samhaim is grindable with guaranteed rewards. Hooray Nexon. You have exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. We got a crossover, we got the event of Samhaim, a pretty great game update.

SylviaWolfe
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    The new music dungeon is a lot of fun I think. I hope they add more with puzzles like this in the future!
    SylviaWolfe
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    I do have a friend who is deaf, so the dungeon is practically impossible to solve as it should be unless he has someone else with him.

And the boss fight is just ridiculous for him.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    SylviaWolfe

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how good this series of events is right now? We get the crossover with a directly-buyable pet and a "gachapon" where you get at least something of actual value guaranteed. Then we're getting solid event's that are non-afk with Samhain's return and the music update/events. Not to mention that free tuan pet and dyes if you pre-registered. While I'm willing to throw cash at a gacha for the instruments we get most of them (If not all, not sure about harp/piano) for free by crafting dungeon materials giving further incentive to run the music dungeon and do the quests.
    It's been a while since I've seen this amount of active players and guildmates running around the servers and it's really delightful and reminiscent of earlier years. Maybe events should just always be this good and this isn't worth praise but imo they did good.
    Agreed. Seems we finally got something good out of 2016.
    SylviaWolfe
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 16, 2016
    The answers are flashed on the screen though? At least they all were for me. Which was nice because I have a hard time hearing things.
    SebastianBlissfulkillFweep
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

The answers are flashed on the screen though? At least they all were for me. Which was nice because I have a hard time hearing things.
    Yeah, after 10 seconds of listening, the name of the song gets on the screen.
    [Deleted User]Fweep
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    andrewngn13

I do have a friend who is deaf, so the dungeon is practically impossible to solve as it should be unless he has someone else with him.

I completely forgot about parts of the population that would have trouble with this event. Just make sure to help them out without saying anything too much, it'll make the runs go faster and you'll both have fun.
    andrewngn13

Wait till the song finishes, it flashes on the screen.
  • KrissmasKrissmas
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,070
    When it comes down to it, you don't need the music at all to complete the dungeon. The harps will tell you the song names and the boss tells you what song he's playing and gives you enough time to play the correct song.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I've got too poor of a memory to recall the songs w/o the name onscreen anyway..but I can see where this would unfortunately detract from the event a bit
  • CeiCei
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    If its actually as good as you guys are saying I might have to blow the dust off of my account, been feeling disenchanted with mabi for a while now.
    edited December 16, 2016
    They might have nerfed H coins rewards in all honesty. It doesn't make too much of a difference, especially if you bought Birman bags the first time around.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I bought all the Birman bags for the three characters I actively play on and don't care about the other rewards, so I'm...well, disincentivized to do the Samhain event again.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    andrewngn13

but the bossfight gives the title fo the song you need to play

just time consuming

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I enjoy the Musical Math Dungeon. Mabinogi dungeons need more puzzles like Musical Math's dungeon.
    SylviaWolfe