Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So...about wedding rings.

HimochiHimochi
Mabinogi Rep: 735
in General Chat
I don't really understand WHY it wasn't possible to save wedding rings during the server merge, but it is what it is. What I'm wondering, though...ways are being made to offer people new meet-cute bracelets, and to change names that were altered as a result of the merge; is there some way it would be possible for your ring to be re-obtained WITHOUT having to divorce and re-marry to get a new one?

I wouldn't personally care too much about this, but my IRL wife and I had our characters married on our IRL anniversary five years ago, so having to wipe the slate clean because of something that I would at least THINK would be a simple fix is kind of a low blow.

I kinda understand if reforges couldn't be restored, they're obviously highly variable; but isn't there some way a new ring that either comes pre-inscribed and/or has a way for an already married couple to put an inscription on their ring?
NishikiSpareoh

Comments

• SikelhSikelh
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Restoring the rings manually should be well within reason. Particularly for those with screenshots of the reforges they want back.
    An RNG feature that takes as much investment as reforges should ABSOLUTELY be restored in any events such as these.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 5, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    [Comment Removed]

I care.
    LeineiWolfsingerFairyvoice
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    As much as this sucks, you could just remarry on the game on that anniversary day. Think of it as you and she are renewing your vows?
    Darkpixie99Ion
  • HimochiHimochi
    Tayloreski: that part really annoys HER, because one of her other characters married one of our best friends; and they just recently DID that. Renewed their vows on the same day in a later year, because they forgot to inscribe the rings. xD
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Himochi wrote: »
    Tayloreski: that part really annoys HER, because one of her other characters married one of our best friends; and they just recently DID that. Renewed their vows on the same day in a later year, because they forgot to inscribe the rings. xD

: D.... Can never renew the vows to much, it just means you love them!... right..?
  • HimochiHimochi
    Pffffft, basically. Nah, the main issue we have is...I can only assume the "glitch" that forced them to remove all rings was the "gain +10 to your stats when near your spouse for 400 seconds" thing. I don't really care about that. I don't really care about reforges. I think mine had a trans bonus for a different race. ...I just want the ring, and the message my wife wrote on it, without having to divorce and remarry. >.>
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    I don't really understand WHY it wasn't possible to save wedding rings during the server merge, but it is what it is. What I'm wondering, though...ways are being made to offer people new meet-cute bracelets, and to change names that were altered as a result of the merge; is there some way it would be possible for your ring to be re-obtained WITHOUT having to divorce and re-marry to get a new one?

I wouldn't personally care too much about this, but my IRL wife and I had our characters married on our IRL anniversary five years ago, so having to wipe the slate clean because of something that I would at least THINK would be a simple fix is kind of a low blow.

I kinda understand if reforges couldn't be restored, they're obviously highly variable; but isn't there some way a new ring that either comes pre-inscribed and/or has a way for an already married couple to put an inscription on their ring?

did u lost ur r1 shieldless charge wedding ring or some?
  • NishikiNishiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    I'm worrying/wondering about the same thing, I have a marriage and two daughters and all of that is null and void now as far as I can tell because we've got the +server names now. :( I know they're still working on the name change coupons and I wish that they could do the same with wedding rings, like, have the option to rename it instead of having to divorce and separate everyone and then re-pay for everything. Right now we're all just waiting around.

Congrats to you and your wife tho <3 It's so cute and I hope everything works out
    Spareoh
  • HimochiHimochi
    Nah, like I said, it isn't the reforge that bothered me. It was a personalized message from my wife, and the original wedding date is meaningful to us so it would be annoying to have to divorce and remarry just to get a new ring.
    GretaSpareoh
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nah, like I said, it isn't the reforge that bothered me. It was a personalized message from my wife, and the original wedding date is meaningful to us so it would be annoying to have to divorce and remarry just to get a new ring.

Exactly. I would hate the idea of divorcing my spouse and lose meaningful date due to incompetence of the company just so i could change to way normal name without those ugly +servernane tags.
    SpareohWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I sent in a ticket asking if they plan to do compensation for reforged wedding rings, and if you screen shotted your ring before the merge with its reforge stats, then they'll put that same reforge rank and stats back onto your new ring! So no worries about that~ :D

The wedding date thing sucks, but it's just a video game. I met my IRL fiance on mabi and I'm sad to see the wedding date get erased but oh well. The relationship is worth more than a date. owo;

This is a really old game with outdated code so I'm not surprised that there would be some issues like this. I'm really happy at how well Nexon is doing with compensations for merge related losses~ <3
    SaiSpareoh
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Shakaya wrote: »
    I sent in a ticket asking if they plan to do compensation for reforged wedding rings, and if you screen shotted your ring before the merge with its reforge stats, then they'll put that same reforge rank and stats back onto your new ring! So no worries about that~ :D

The wedding date thing sucks, but it's just a video game. I met my IRL fiance on mabi and I'm sad to see the wedding date get erased but oh well. The relationship is worth more than a date. owo;

This is a really old game with outdated code so I'm not surprised that there would be some issues like this. I'm really happy at how well Nexon is doing with compensations for merge related losses~ <3

Well cool. I'm also engaged with my boyfriend and we actually met in this game. I still find it sad if i ever will need to divorce him in-game because i got forced into it. I really wouldn't like to stay with a name i haven't picked myself.
  • VevitVevit
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    My poor wedding ring.
    Spareoh
  • KikurikappaKikurikappa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I am really sad about my wedding ring :(
    Spareoh