Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

(KR) Face Slot (Style Tab)

Comments

• ShadoeLumiereShadoeLumiere
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I hate this game when i remember how limited you are with your character and outfit looks.
    Most new MMO's have huge varieties in character creation and most of them will be free and some of them will be directly buyable in Cash shop which is STILL better than these crappy gachas. Same goes with outfits.
    Waiting for the day when gachas and pay to win microtransactions in games will be banned.

I have to adamantly agree with you, actually, despite what everyone's saying. To be honest it all went completely downhill when they introduced the hair coupon gachapon.

They very rarely re-release the hairstyle gachapon, which makes matters worse. Hairstyles that people want are either in extremely low quantity and sold for millions, or have completely run dry (looking at you, Altam and Fringed Bob).

Not necessarily? It was an addition. If they changed the hairstyles that used to be pons to coupons then you can say it went down hill, but they added the hair requiring coupons if I remember right. It is just a bad move on their part and they should change it.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited June 6, 2019
    I hate this game when i remember how limited you are with your character and outfit looks.
    Most new MMO's have huge varieties in character creation and most of them will be free and some of them will be directly buyable in Cash shop which is STILL better than these crappy gachas. Same goes with outfits.
    Waiting for the day when gachas and pay to win microtransactions in games will be banned.

I have to adamantly agree with you, actually, despite what everyone's saying. To be honest it all went completely downhill when they introduced the hair coupon gachapon.

They very rarely re-release the hairstyle gachapon, which makes matters worse. Hairstyles that people want are either in extremely low quantity and sold for millions, or have completely run dry (looking at you, Altam and Fringed Bob).

Not necessarily? It was an addition. If they changed the hairstyles that used to be pons to coupons then you can say it went down hill, but they added the hair requiring coupons if I remember right. It is just a bad move on their part and they should change it.

It doesn't change the fact it set the precedent that people will waste money for higher resolution hairstyles, some of which are blatant copies of the low-poly hairs. People spend money, Nexon learns they can make money off of in depth character design through toxic gacha methods. How many times have we asked them just to revamp old hairs?

This has been discussed in the discord server I believe, but some glasses etc that currently exist won't even WORK with the new system, allegedly. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • ShadoeLumiereShadoeLumiere
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005

It doesn't change the fact it set the precedent that people will waste money for higher resolution hairstyles, some of which are blatant copies of the low-poly hairs. People spend money, Nexon learns they can make money off of in depth character design through toxic gacha methods. How many times have we asked them just to revamp old hairs?

This has been discussed in the discord server I believe, but some glasses etc that currently exist won't even WORK with the new system, allegedly. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

True. And actually yeah, they really need to retouch the hairs or do a whole overhaul giving them physics, it has been nearly a decade since we have been asking.
    Wlia
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited June 6, 2019

True. And actually yeah, they really need to retouch the hairs or do a whole overhaul giving them physics, it has been nearly a decade since we have been asking.

the engine is sure capable to handle that but i doubt the dev. team will even do something so big but i agree that all the long hairs (and wigs) would only profit from that.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 7, 2019

Tail slot, this one I don't mind as much. It's not a staple to the character like hairstyles.

Now, face slot. We have wanted this for as long as I can remember. Face slot isn't as disposable as the tail slot- people who wanna wear glasses wanna be able to wear glasses and not have to sacrifice that for a hat. This is how it has been for ages.

TL;DR People aren't causing that much of a fuss over this because we were used to begging and people are accepting anything at this point, no matter how much they have to pay. It's a nice change but I wish I wouldn't have to pay monthly Style pon for it.

They also released "Flowing" wigs. Which are ridiculous too. Instead of updating hairstyles they decided it's a good idea to make only wigs from gacha.
    Sebastian
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205

Tail slot, this one I don't mind as much. It's not a staple to the character like hairstyles.

Now, face slot. We have wanted this for as long as I can remember. Face slot isn't as disposable as the tail slot- people who wanna wear glasses wanna be able to wear glasses and not have to sacrifice that for a hat. This is how it has been for ages.

TL;DR People aren't causing that much of a fuss over this because we were used to begging and people are accepting anything at this point, no matter how much they have to pay. It's a nice change but I wish I wouldn't have to pay monthly Style pon for it.

They also released "Flowing" wigs. Which are ridiculous too. Instead of updating hairstyles they decided it's a good idea to make only wigs from gacha.

i honestly didnt like any of those..
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 7, 2019
    Wlia wrote: »
    i honestly didnt like any of those..

But they have proven that it's possible and they still went gacha for it. They are having too much fun with crappy gachas.
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    http://mabinogi.nexon.com/ItemShop/prob.asp

If Google Translate is to be believed...it appears that they just made new "face slot" versions of some older glasses and masks.
    That's a bummer for those of us who wanted them to just update the older items, but I guess we shouldn't be surprised at this point.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Ah yes, a double paywall. First you need to obtain the things and then you need the Style Tab.
    I see Nexon hasn't changed a bit. :l
    GretaRadiant DawnWliaSebastianYuyun