Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Survey of Server Merge Supporters

Comments

• FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    As a member of Alexina, I was originally opposed to the merge since I was concerned about my name and whatnot.
    Now however, I'm thinking "... if we merged I might have actually been able to find people selling the rare stuff I want.... feck."

I'm mixed on the whole idea, I don't want the hassle of it, but I want the trading and social opportunities since Alexina feels way more desolate now all of a sudden (I'm assuming due to people switching). And no, I don't care about and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing the anti-merge argument "you can farm rare resources." Look, I'm lazy... I'd rather have other people farm them for me and sell them. Which is looking less and less likely due to server decline so now I'm forced to grind and farm.

As for lag.... I can tolerate it. I have been for years.
    This is just my stance on the situation however.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    As a member of Alexina, I was originally opposed to the merge since I was concerned about my name and whatnot.
    Now however, I'm thinking "... if we merged I might have actually been able to find people selling the rare stuff I want.... feck."

I'm mixed on the whole idea, I don't want the hassle of it, but I want the trading and social opportunities since Alexina feels way more desolate now all of a sudden (I'm assuming due to people switching). And no, I don't care about and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing the anti-merge argument "you can farm rare resources." Look, I'm lazy... I'd rather have other people farm them for me and sell them. Which is looking less and less likely due to server decline so now I'm forced to grind and farm.

As for lag.... I can tolerate it. I have been for years.
    This is just my stance on the situation however.

So, if they could solve the problem with names and allow you to have any name you want, even if someone else already has it, if name change could be so smooth that none of the problems we are seeing happens any more, if name change could be done live while the game is running, if name change could be as cheap as say 1k NX, then there'd be no significant down-side for you?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Although I spoke out against it, I was pretty much neutral.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

If that is the case, then it will ironic as the server that most supports a merge didn't get the merge.

its not when the population of alexina is bigger compared to each of the 4 servers...
    all 4 servers probably have a equal amount of ppl who wanted the merge... and alexina ALSO needed a merg, cus it was ALSO dying.
    the 3 other servers were just past dying lol
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Tunii wrote: »
    I'm pretty excited about the merge tbh. Mari was becoming pretty dead, and it feels nice to log in and see so much movement again. Kind of reminds me of the old days in a way. It got me to come back again anyway.

I haven't run into any issues personally, my main got to keep her name, all of my alts but one (that I might delete anyway) and most of my pets, so I feel pretty good about that.

I'm curious how the economy will change now that we've combined 3 (probably) different ones. I guess we'll find out once the auction house and everything is working again. Hopefully it'll be a good change.

e8a.gif
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    Economic effect of server merge...?

Prices are going up, up, up......
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    I love the merge! Lots of new things to trade for and buy.

Oddly, I feel like everyone I see is a Tarlachian. That's fine though, feels more homey.