Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Am I the only one TT~TT

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
Who else missed 2 days on "Merge Celebration Event" ?
wrong math + over estimating extra days of the event + busy IRL situations = failing the events
I MISSED TWICE NOW FOR "Merge Celebration Event" AND RECENTLY REALIZED EVENT ONLY HAS 1 EXTRA DAY
I missed one earlier after nexon launcher got stuck on updating at 95 % for almost an hour before i decided to re-install
and when I logged in i realized game already reset for the day TT~TT
having 1 extra day is a bit cruel especially when the event gives a cool outfit that wont be available anywhere else probably
is it too much to ask for an extension? TT~TT

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yea I'm disappointed, I thought they ditched these tight attendance formats. The last few events had plenty of extra days for people who had stuff happening irl.

Just this last week I've heard about exams, power/internet outages, even a few folks who had to go to the hospital to take care of family... it's been rough for so many of my friends. And then there are annoying no-lifers around here who are just gonna say "it was an easy event just log in and afk lol" who just can't grasp that not everyone can log in every single day like them.
    DanievictriaSherriRadiant DawnWolfsingerstarkiller1286LaticijaFaithrendKitinipawcalypse
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited June 11, 2019
    the only misleading information provided about the event was they posted that is started on June 3rd when it actually started on June 4th. you might be able to get a extra day in if you log on early before the maintenance on June 20th since this event refreshes at midnight. another reason why I don't use nexon launcher, Steam has never failed that.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Negumiko wrote: »
    the only misleading information provided about the event was they posted that is started on June 3rd when it actually started on June 4th. you might be able to get a extra day in if you log on early before the maintenance on June 20th since this event refreshes at midnight. another reason why I don't use nexon launcher, Steam has never failed that.

DEvIu.png

DEvIN.png

June 20th what? Where does it say we can get a June 20th login?
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    they need daily playerbase to be high so, afk events and tight attendance are needed
  • PrinniPrinni
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,825
    Oh gosh I better go back and check now! *sweats* I think I might have missed a day or two, so now I don't know if I'll make it.
    Ooh wow... only 1 extra day of event is really tight...
    I didn't even notice, thanks for pointing this out!
    (Let's pray they'll have mercy on us ;;)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I missed the first 2 days because of travelling, so the margin of error for the rest of the way is quite close.
    There are 18 total days and you need 15 to complete.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You won't lose much anyway to be honest...
    Greta wrote: »
    You won't lose much anyway to be honest...

Technically, it's not worth a lot. But, for those who really need those items now, then it's a different story.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    ha-ha-ha...typical Nexon.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Eralea wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »

DEvIu.png

DEvIN.png

June 20th what? Where does it say we can get a June 20th login?

It doesn't. Negumiko just didn't read the announcement correctly.
    0 margin for error then for those who missed the 2 days already. oof.
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Considering what happened with the 10x ap event I think there's a reason almost all events slowly migrated into being afk events, you can barely do anything during these kinds of events, so why not have the event be based on not doing anything?
    Sherri
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Yeah because of the early completion of the maintenance and my life, I missed out on the team titles, I THINK I'm on track for everything else but I haven't been able to check yet...
    Though to be entirely honest I'm still debating if I even care at this point XP
  • Noon_By_SeptemberNoon_By_September
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    I feel pretty lame for saying this noobodyzxz,

but cool avatar.
    Sherri
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Eralea wrote: »
    Yea I'm disappointed, I thought they ditched these tight attendance formats. The last few events had plenty of extra days for people who had stuff happening irl.

Just this last week I've heard about exams, power/internet outages, even a few folks who had to go to the hospital to take care of family... it's been rough for so many of my friends. And then there are annoying no-lifers around here who are just gonna say "it was an easy event just log in and afk lol" who just can't grasp that not everyone can log in every single day like them.

sorry but im in complete agreement wit the "no-lifers" if you cant fit in 5 minutes of time from your schedule to sign your char into the game you frankly dont deserve the rewards.
    thats literally all you have to do. spend 5 mins to sign into the game and thats it.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 16, 2019
    Thirded. Nobody works the full 24 hours

Even in a populated household with small children: A lot of that time is spent either on the phone, or idling on some social media of some kind, or procrastinating. for hours

Just lock the framerate at 1 or 2 FPS with DXtory or some other frame limiter, then you don't have to worry about heat output or added electrical costs while waiting for your attendance
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    I just got back in town after visiting grandparents for fathers day and just left the game on before I left home 2 days ago and came back seeing I have all 3 daily rewards which is a nice change from that silver emblem event where you had to log out and log in again for it to count.
  • GretaGreta
    I just got back in town after visiting grandparents for fathers day and just left the game on before I left home 2 days ago and came back seeing I have all 3 daily rewards which is a nice change from that silver emblem event where you had to log out and log in again for it to count.

Leaving computer on. For 2 days... Why? R.I.P. PC and electricity bill.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

You know I leave my computer on all the time frequently and it really doesn't break the bank. It's always around a 100$ or so. So let's stop using that as an excuse.
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »

You know I leave my computer on all the time frequently and it really doesn't break the bank. It's always around a 100$ or so. So let's stop using that as an excuse.

Depends on country.
    KetsuekiOfRuairi