Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anime visits and who decides

duckmanduckman
Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
edited June 10, 2019 in General Chat
Does anyone know how nexon decides what anime gets to pop into the game for a visit?

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    No. /thread.
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    Board meetings at Devcat with said franchise ( typically a popular one ) is what decides rather or not it will make it into ANY REGION of the game AT ALL . ofc they will both do well of the exposure and thats how they make the decision , whether its player base petition or their own call (or the franchise's request). Now if youre asking why certain anime updates haven't reached us that have been implemented in other versions of the game ( like the FMA update) ; that's because of copyright laws that region lock certain content and the overall fact that corporations like Funimation arent one region controlled or don't agree with the need or expected income that comes with releasing this content worldwide .
    Sakura2503SherriduckmanLeineipawcalypse
  • DARKCloudDARKCloud
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    I proof read even , but if I made any errors its cus I'm drinking at 3PM on a work day . cheers
    duckmanWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    It's already been stated but pretty much they meet up with the people who made a certain anime and do a lot of talking lol
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited June 11, 2019
    still waits for Mabinogi x Hyperdimension Neptunia cross over :D

still just day dreaming
    who else would want Neptune's parka xD
    SherriKingEphy
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    DARKCloud wrote: »
    Board meetings at Devcat with said franchise ( typically a popular one ) is what decides rather or not it will make it into ANY REGION of the game AT ALL . ofc they will both do well of the exposure and thats how they make the decision , whether its player base petition or their own call (or the franchise's request). Now if youre asking why certain anime updates haven't reached us that have been implemented in other versions of the game ( like the FMA update) ; that's because of copyright laws that region lock certain content and the overall fact that corporations like Funimation arent one region controlled or don't agree with the need or expected income that comes with releasing this content worldwide .

Intellectual Properties must be desperate if they seek out Nexon.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

Nexon Korea is pretty huge after all.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Sai wrote: »

Nexon Korea is pretty huge after all.

Still, Nexon seems like a last choice kind of thing.

LastTurn-DB2-EN-R-UE.png
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    if we are talking about anime crossovers then it would be epic to do an anime crossover with the most epic crossover anime
    "Isekai Quartet"

SaiKingEphyduckman
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited June 11, 2019
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    if we are talking about anime crossovers then it would be epic to do an anime crossover with the most epic crossover anime
    "Isekai Quartet"

That would be using Turn Undead on them.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Omg who watches that lol.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Greta wrote: »

Me
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I do. It is awesome.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    I'd rather have something more.... mainstream.

Something that doesn't bring out all the weebs from the woodwork.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

I do, its decent and funny.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited June 11, 2019
    I'd rather have something more.... mainstream.

Something that doesn't bring out all the weebs from the woodwork.

But... this is an anime styled game.. so it already has lots of weebs playing it..

nani o3o
    KingEphyWolfsinger
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Wlia wrote: »
    still waits for Mabinogi x Hyperdimension Neptunia cross over :D

still just day dreaming
    who else would want Neptune's parka xD

How about mabi x xenoblade chronicles 2?
    I want my Kos-Mos :3

OKNwLzE.jpg
    Aquasol
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 12, 2019
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    "Isekai Quartet"

Well, we've had Re:Zero, and I could see Konosuba and Overlord, but Youjo Senki/Tanya the Evil... Actually... I could see that one working too, given Tanya's aversion to Being/Existence X (aka God). I could see her talking a bunch of smack about Morrighan and the other gods and sympathizing with the Milletians. Darn it, now I kind of want to see that Isekai Quarter Crossover happen. -_-
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Just to laugh things off.
    Wolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Folks are really picky of what a Show should be and what it shouldn't, Just watch and have some laughs its better than being bored I guess. I for one never slander a Anime only that sometimes I say, "Its not for me" is enough is it not?

I just enjoy Anime for what it is and not what I want it to be...Almost like how everyone wants a highly realistic Graphic game but end up with poor gameplay and horrible story. All should be balanced as all should be.
    SaiWolfsinger