Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

..........nexon pls fix dis kind of thing...maybe?

LiidaLiida
Mabinogi Rep: 695
edited June 12, 2019 in General Chat
25rcbci.png
Sherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Liida wrote: »
    25rcbci.png

You mean fix people's minds and preferences?
    KensamaofmariTHICCthighssavelivesTheDumbOneRadiant DawnSakura2503MesantorganWolfsingerImaizumiKitini
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    The Pink Tax strikes again...
    Wolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I can relate. Thinking of rb'ing to male just because people love to make female stuff overpriced. -_-
    but too bad I can't though BeCaUsE i WiLl LoSe mY hAiR tHaT i GoT fRoM a BeAuTy CoUpOn ThAt CoSt Me MiLlIoNs Of GoLd hURRR
    KetsuekiOfRuairiJayy124
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I think the only way Nexon can fix this would be to make female clothes uglier.
    Giving female clothing higher drop rates would probably work too but that seems unbalanced. Another way to fix it would be to take gold away from female players so that they are able to spend less so that high priced clothes would be unable to sell. Not sure if it would help, but it's worth at least asking the computer to run the simulation - kill the poor. We could also attach shock collars to people, shock them every time they try to list something at a high price so that they are conditioned to sell things lower. Or how about we take all items from everyone and share them out equally. Or we could tear up all the clothes and give each person 1 scrap each from each item. Outright ban all clothes. Pump everyone full of happy hormones so they're happy whichever way. Slowly replace each person with androids until there is no one left to complain. Connect all minds together to form a giant hive mind. Replace everyone's eyes with googly-eyes. Dance till you drop. Rub some bacon on it. Send all doctors to the moon so that we are no longer forced to eat an apple a day. Hold a chicken in he air, stick a deckchair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet, bury all your clothes, paint your left knee green, extract your wisdom-teeth, form a string quartet, pretend your name is Keith.
    ArjuneDraechSherriRadiant DawnIonMesantorganStarishWolfsingerJayy124Gaby5011and 1 other.
  • LiidaLiida
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Giving female clothing higher drop rates would probably work too but that seems unbalanced. Another way to fix it would be to take gold away from female players so that they are able to spend less so that high priced clothes would be unable to sell. Not sure if it would help, but it's worth at least asking the computer to run the simulation - kill the poor. We could also attach shock collars to people, shock them every time they try to list something at a high price so that they are conditioned to sell things lower. Or how about we take all items from everyone and share them out equally. Or we could tear up all the clothes and give each person 1 scrap each from each item. Outright ban all clothes. Pump everyone full of happy hormones so they're happy whichever way. Slowly replace each person with androids until there is no one left to complain. Connect all minds together to form a giant hive mind. Replace everyone's eyes with googly-eyes. Dance till you drop. Rub some bacon on it. Send all doctors to the moon so that we are no longer forced to eat an apple a day. Hold a chicken in he air, stick a deckchair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet, bury all your clothes, paint your left knee green, extract your wisdom-teeth, form a string quartet, pretend your name is Keith.

UGH.....Did you just went broke trying to think up a fix....?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    The Pink Tax strikes again...

It's a self-imposed "tax." High prices reflect high demand and low supply. Many people want the female outfit and there aren't enough female outfits to go around. The fact that OP complains about the pricing probably means they also want to own the female outfit (and not the male one).

If anything, this should be called "The Male Under-demand"
  • BabylinkBabylink
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Prices will start to level out as the player economy adjusts to the merge. If prices stay the same, then players are willing to pay those prices, or people don't mind sitting on them. The only thing Nexon could actually do is make it easier for the items to be obtained other than the player market, which they might do in some cases with event and sale rotations.

This is a player issue, not a Nexon issue. The inequality in pricing is created by the demand for the clothing. They've never skimped out on giving players female clothing making the supply lower compared to male clothing.

So the solution is to play it smart as a market consumer. Assess if you think the prices will go UP or DOWN as the economy adjusts and make your purchase accordingly, or don't and wait for prices to go down. They might not ever, but you never know, they might sooner than you think.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 12, 2019
    25rcbci.png

There are four ways to deal with this; all are spiritual:
    1) Like a Buddhist: decide it doesn't matter and stop desiring the item,
    2) Like a Lutheran: work hard, save your pennies, and buy it when you can,
    3) Like a Presbyterian: buy low/sell high until you are immune to inflation and just go ahead and buy it,
    4) Like an I'm-not-gonna-say: use real money to buy directly from Nexon, either for the item itself or for items which you can sell to then buy it with gold.
    DanievictriaSherriTHICCthighssavelivesRadiant DawnvioletkittWolfsingerKitini
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Helsa wrote: »
    25rcbci.png

3) Like a Presbyterian: buy low/sell high until you are immune to inflation and just go ahead and buy it,
    4) Like an I'm-not-gonna-say: use real money to buy directly from Nexon, either for the item itself or for items which you can sell to then buy it with gold.

I'm guessing #4 refers to worshipers of a certain Roman god who was both the god of money and the god of the underworld...
  • SherriSherri
    Helsa wrote: »
    25rcbci.png

I'm guessing #4 refers to worshipers of a certain Roman god who was both the god of money and the god of the underworld...

God of the Whales
    yikes lol
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    It's not even a problem w/ nexon.
    There are more female players than there are male players, so female items are gonna be more expensive. That's just how it goes for every mmorpg.
    Even if they made the item's drop rate not garbage, female items will always be more expensive than male items.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 20, 2019
    Or just not have the outfit bags be so rare. That way people can choose to screw the middleman
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

Like they haven't already been doing this for some of the sets. Crazy Rich Milletian, Vampire Hunter, Divine Demigod, Winter Prince/ss, Candy Pop, even the recent Tennis Suits all had hideously tacky F outfits compared to M.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Just rebirth into a male and become a trap. Ez
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Eralea wrote: »

Like they haven't already been doing this for some of the sets. Crazy Rich Milletian, Vampire Hunter, Divine Demigod, Winter Prince/ss, Candy Pop, even the recent Tennis Suits all had hideously tacky F outfits compared to M.

Well... that's more of an opinion.. I think the Candy Pop outfit is rather cute.
    Sebastian wrote: »

Pretty much this. It would be even better if we could just pressure Nexon into making hairstyles unisex.
    Not even saying this only as of my own benefit, it would allow making traps a lot easier. :p
    Just about all the new Eyes/Mouthes/Etc. coming out are unisex so why not hair? I don't get it.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    the prices arent nexon fualt... but they could'a done this gacha AFTER the merge... luckily they havnt introduced the elune versions yet
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

tbh I'm about at that point, so many of the male outfits look nice and they're cheaper - this economy makes it hard to dress yourself nicely as a girl XD
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Honestly most girl outfits look the same @_@
    Just your usual skirt and shirt :/

Few of them actually look good, like the night witch and reaper
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

tbh I'm about at that point, so many of the male outfits look nice and they're cheaper - this economy makes it hard to dress yourself nicely as a girl XD

Also, if you're a male character you deal with a lot less unwanted, pathetic, and inept come-ons by pathetic inept virgins.
    Wolfsinger
  • LiidaLiida
    Wouldn't make gender of the cloth from gacha character bound be a pretty simple solution to tip the scales somewhat..?? Female chars only get female version of items when opening gacha etc.

Also the "eluned" version of clothing allows a ...weird workaround by a giving the option of creating a boy char and dress up as a girl and potentially save alot more money....a logical extension of that is just ...to make all cloths have no gender requirement? That would also help..
    SherriDanievictriaRadiant Dawn