Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

which server are you moving to?

TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
in General Chat
i just wanna know how many of you are moving to the other server (nao/alexina)- just to start a conversation about this cause their doesn't seem to be one.
im probably gonna make a new character on nao in a few weeks once i know for certain theirs no server transfers or alexina merge to be announced
(that way i dont waist gold/money/time making a character from scratch) -but how are you guys doing?
  1. which server are you moving to?29 votes
    1. Alexina
       41% (12 votes)
    2. Nao
       59% (17 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm from Mari, now from Nao. I'm not gonna leave but I do have a character who is in Alexina, I just haven't played on it for like.. probably a few years now? I learned the hard way that pets didn't transfer so I kind of gave up on it, but I'm thinking about popping on it once in a while? Idk :p
    TheDumbOne
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Spent eleven to twelve years on Tarlach. Not about to throw all that work away.
    TheDumbOneRadiant DawnLeineiKensamaofmariTreesWolfsingerKitiniSherri
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Where's the 'I'm staying put' option?

And for the last part, doing well here! Hope you're doing well too. Or were you asking how we're doing on our server...?
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I’m not moving, but I voted Alexina since I’m staying there (I’ve interpreted your question as: Which server will you be playing on?). I’ve been revisiting my first ever mabi character who I ditched on Mari years ago...it’s like starting from scratch, hardly any pets, no friends, no gold, no advanced skills to get gold (even with the double exp/ap event, I’m in no mood to grind..) I’ll hop on that char when I get bored on Alexina, but Alexina is definitely going to stay my main hub.

Danievictria
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    When it is time, I shall depart to Ferghus server.
    TheDumbOneWolfsingerPyro
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lokitin wrote: »
    I’m not moving, but I voted Alexina since I’m staying there (I’ve interpreted your question as: Which server will you be playing on?). I’ve been revisiting my first ever mabi character who I ditched on Mari years ago...it’s like starting from scratch, hardly any pets, no friends, no gold, no advanced skills to get gold (even with the double exp/ap event, I’m in no mood to grind..) I’ll hop on that char when I get bored on Alexina, but Alexina is definitely going to stay my main hub.

Ohhh everything makes sense now.
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    we need a meow server
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Lokitin wrote: »

And this is why I keep telling people who are worried about the merge-hype imbalance that people will be coming back. If someone started on Alexina and/or their main is there, that's where the majority of their time (and cash) investment is going to be. That's where their friends hang out, that's where all their good stuff is, where their hype-oars pad is...they won't stay away for long.

...Well, except for the people who are so loaded IRL that they can afford to drop a ton of cash on getting satisfactorily re-settled in-game...Curse those 1%-ers!! *shakes her fist angrily at the clouds*
    SherriAquasolWolfsinger
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    edited June 12, 2019
    Moved from Alexina to Nao for merchant reasons. I can't understand at all why people would be upset about a population increase. Not noticing any lag or related issues myself.

As for population, at least from a merchant perspective, I can confirm that Nao has 5-10x as much economic activity as Alexina. The auction house has so many useful items that Alexina can't compare, and Nao even has regular shops! Enough to fill an entire channel so thoroughly that there's no space left.

As a comparison, I sought out to acquire Ultimate Geas Armor. On Alexina, I checked the Auction House dozens of times a day, and bought every Hard Mineral that popped up, yet it still took me 5-6 months to get the 15 required. After the merge, I created a new character on Nao. There are so many Tech Duinn materials circulating on the auction house that I could make the same Ultimate Geas armor 3 times over, and I've only been here a week. The Literature Tab has dozens of each skill book, even rarer ones, providing competition to keep prices down. Even if the population is only slightly larger, the economy on Nao is far more active. Players seem to do things more, and produce more stuff.

I see no downside to there being an increase in players, and I don't understand people leaving Nao behind because it's 'too active'. o.o

Ah, as for catching up, the Master Plan is taking care of that. I blew through memoirs during 10x AP, rebirthing for each quest. Ended the day with over 50k AP. I also Mastered Engineering and Magic Craft during the 10x Skill Training, after having gathered materials for about 5 days. Even if you missed the 10x event, there's PLENTY of time to grow for anyone moving from either server. In addition to the many weeks of 2x AP and 2x training, there'll be quests giving out 2x Complete Skill Potions, and other useful things to help players grow very quickly, as well as many ways to earn good money, either selling materials or selling event rewards.
    TheDumbOneDanievictriaGretaKitiniSherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    KingEphy wrote: »
    Where's the 'I'm staying put' option?

And for the last part, doing well here! Hope you're doing well too. Or were you asking how we're doing on our server...?

this is specifically to see whose moving. and to talk about maybe.,,, the struggles of moving... why your moving. or the benefits of moving.
    so if your staying put. you may not "relate" to the topic. thats why i didnt put an option...
    your welcome to vote randomly anyway... lol

im moving to nao with a new character but i wanna see how ppl r dealing with it first.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Stop flooding the nao server....
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Moved from Alexina to Nao for merchant reasons. I can't understand at all why people would be upset about a population increase. Not noticing any lag or related issues myself.
    [other information you should read from Nemuri]
    yeah, exactly! ive been playing alexina before alchemy was a thing... before tailetian existed... it was VERY populated.- (granted 5 channels)
    but ch 1 was maxed out, and the remaining channels had ALOT of shops (granted again no action house, only the house shops)
    ppl never shut up. and their was ALOT of social activity- granted it was much harder to get items during that time cus the game was new and gachas were not as prominent. -most of the stuff was straight forward purchases.

nao is my dream server, it has all the new items, but the same old version of alexina social status. it STINKS cus now that the game has updated with thousand of gacha rare items. i DONT want to re-obtain each one. JUST to be back to a game i loved.-but ofc im going to.

i think why ppl complain isnt so much to warrent an issue. but to keep alexina out of the merge(cus they need to dislike alexina).- alexina is dying (in my opinion)-ENOUGH so that it ALSO needed a merge... so far the only excuse i can respect is (it cant carry all four server population cus it cant handle more then the 10 channels full of ppl.... but.... with that said... i assume KR doesnt have 10+channels full of ppl...
    Negumiko
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 12, 2019
    I'm playing both. Mabinogi with a new or medium character is a fun game. Playing one may remind you why you fell in love with it in the first place. When you have an end-of-game character, people can get jaded.

The OP should have included: staying on Alexina, staying on Nao, and playing both; I'm the last one.
    DanievictriaTheDumbOneSherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 12, 2019
    Liida wrote: »
    we need a meow server

Feline pets only.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sai wrote: »
    we need a meow server

Feline pets only.

Weird Cat is the final boss?
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Sai wrote: »
    we need a meow server

Feline pets only.

Weird Cat is the final boss?

Weird Cat is only the NPC anywhere. :)
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Moving to Nao so I talk to Gaea.
    TheDumbOneWolfsingerSherriGreta
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Helsa wrote: »
    I'm playing both. Mabinogi with a new or medium character is a fun game. Playing one may remind you why you fell in love with it in the first place. When you have an end-of-game character, people can get jaded.

The OP should have included: staying on Alexina, staying on Nao, and playing both; I'm the last one.

yeah... not just being OP... but also .... (gacha items ill miss you... bye my 50mil+ items.... ill have to re-obtain you...agian)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

yeah... not just being OP... but also .... (gacha items ill miss you... bye my 50mil+ items.... ill have to re-obtain you...agian)

I'm gonna guess that fate will let you buy that replacement and the next day the full merge is announced. XD
    Sherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    edited June 13, 2019
    I'm gonna guess that fate will let you buy that replacement and the next day the full merge is announced. XD

at this point... i doubt a merge is gonna happen... nor any server transfer abilities to help...