Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Naowegian economy

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Gaea wrote: »
    The prices of things are erratic right now. The market is in chaos for the time being.

Welcome to the post apocalyptic merge Tarlachian mindset.
    As soon as everyone else floods the AH with high valued items, prices will deflate.

It shouldn't be too long after that, but the high-end buyers have to sate themselves first, then the high-end sellers have to realize that they have.
  • NanoirNanoir
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I've had multiple people try to sell me pet dyes for over 2m, while on Ruairi the most expensive was ,at best, 2-300k.
    xd
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Continues to price based off how I did on Mari. Undercut all!
  • HelsaHelsa

If you're a wholesaler dealing in volume then, as Dr. Seuss said, "Go dog go." If you are a buy-low-sell-high person, once you learn the new markets, inflation is irrelevant.
    Helsa wrote: »

If you're a wholesaler dealing in volume then, as Dr. Seuss said, "Go dog go." If you are a buy-low-sell-high person, once you learn the new markets, inflation is irrelevant.

That's pretty much it.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    edited June 12, 2019
    Best way to get an estimate on the server's economy is to look at the going price for Fine Reforges (an item everyone needs but which has real-world price attached) and Holy Water. Right after the merge I saw prices of around 800k for Fines, now they're at 900k to 950k. As for Holys, they're at about 50k a stack. The server is definitely inflated from before the merge (I am a Tarlach refugee) but I can't say for certain if I think the market will ever calm back down to pre-merge prices.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Best way to get an estimate on the server's economy is to look at the going price for Fine Reforges (an item everyone needs but which has real-world price attached) and Holy Water. Right after the merge I saw prices of around 800k for Fines, now they're at 900k to 950k. As for Holys, they're at about 50k a stack. The server is definitely inflated from before the merge (I am a Tarlach refugee) but I can't say for certain if I think the market will ever calm back down to pre-merge prices.

There are key indicater goods, but I find the best way to is to see what the per unit rate spam bots are charging for gold.
    Gold bots is like the Fed gone awol
  • HelsaHelsa
    But not the same as:

Gobots03_cvrA-copy.jpg
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Something refugees are going to have to get used to, is competition. More people trying to make a quick buck on the same stuff you’re selling; constantly undercutting until it reaches a price that’s not worth it anymore. Then again, most Nao players are used to paying higher prices, so sellers can get away with it. It’ll definitely be interesting to watch. I expect prices to eventually match what I’ve been used to on Alexina, though...Dye prices are insane right now. 50k for ugly solid dyes? 15k per flashy dye? Maybe I’m just spoiled.
    I felt like a criminal charging 400k for a Falias Frag on Nao (based off other seller’s prices), but apparently that’s what they’re going for because I sold out rather quickly. Wowza. Who knows, it is nice to make gold quicker than usual so maybe that economy will stick around.
    Strategy of undercutting.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Well it's about time that sellers blinked, no?
    End the inflated bubble economy and make it a real competitive free market.
  • HelsaHelsa

The mega-wealthy buyers have to be sated first, so that there are no more mega-wealthy buyers driving up the prices. Then the high-end dealers will have to deal with us peasants.

The mega-wealthy buyers have to be sated first, so that there are no more mega-wealthy buyers driving up the prices. Then the high-end dealers will have to deal with us peasants.

People of Tarlach *cough cough*
    jkjk
  • HelsaHelsa

jkjk

Why would Tarlach be more wealthy than the other servers? I would have figured with its larger population that would be most likely with Mari folks.

jkjk

Why would Tarlach be more wealthy than the other servers? I would have figured with its larger population that would be most likely with Mari folks.

From my experience, gold was pretty liquid on Mari. People always needing more gold to spend. And from what I heard from a friend from Tarlach, some people have so much gold there's no where to put it.