Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Change "+" to "of"

ChojinzokuChojinzoku
Mabinogi Rep: 775
edited June 4, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Your comment was edited for the following reason: Petitions are not allowed on the forums. Thread title has been changed.

For the new Nao server, that is. Here's an example. Instead of...
Jason+Mari
Change it so that it's...
Jason of Mari
(The spaces are important, too.)
This makes everything look so incredibly better, aesthetically. It's so much more classy and pleasing than just tacking that plus sign on every character, pet and homestead. If it was done with "of" instead, some people might not even care about changing their name. It has an almost noble sound to it, celebrating server heritage. And it's barely any longer than the plus sign way. Even with titles, it works.
Jason of Mari the Bear Slayer
So I urge everyone to bring this up to Nexon/Devcat and see if they'll make it happen. It shouldn't be too hard.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If they implement a repeat name capability this won't matter. It would be nice though to make the name field longer and allow non-leading spaces.
    Pikangie
  • ChojinzokuChojinzoku
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Pan wrote: »
    It was intentional so that it would persuade more people to spend money on name changing coupons. Nexon is business and so every decision revolves around making money for their dying game.

Perhaps so, but as someone who's been with Nexon since the start, I like to think they don't think with dollar signs in their eyes ALL the time. Especially since they know people aren't all pleased about this.
    Helsa wrote: »
    If they implement a repeat name capability this won't matter. It would be nice though to make the name field longer and allow non-leading spaces.

That would be nice too. Longer field and spaces would solve a lot of problems, but we still have pet names and homestead names. So using "of" for them atleast, would still be nice.
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    name+server is a character name (kirito+mari)
    u cant have “space” of “space” server in a name (kirito of mari) they aint suffix title, ur lucky they add + in the character name, it couldve been just nameserver instead (kiritomari)
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Try whispering to a person with a space in their name, see how that works.

I've yet to see a name change solution that properly deals with actual player to player communication.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They should allow us to use any variant of "of". Such as "von" "van" "de" 'di" etc.
    TabariTHICCthighssavelives
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    While a nice enough idea, it's just not practical. Spaces aren't allowed in names.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Tabari wrote: »
    While a nice enough idea, it's just not practical. Spaces aren't allowed in names.

Sadly that is the issue
  • PikangiePikangie
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    It already seems to be an issue with the + names being unable to join guilds. :(
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It would be interesting I guess..? Personally I just wish they'd just assign an ID number to everyone so we all can just choose the name we want and not worry about it being 'taken'.
    Same with pets, homesteads, etc.
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    I'd prefer if they fixed the notes, that apparently disappeared for everyone that had their name changed despite stating they would be merged in the FAQ. But I see no official statement or complaints about this anywhere, so I guess no one cares.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I'd prefer if they fixed the notes, that apparently disappeared for everyone that had their name changed despite stating they would be merged in the FAQ. But I see no official statement or complaints about this anywhere, so I guess no one cares.

The name change kludge opened several cans of worms. At the moment they're trying to apply short-term bandaid solutions; it'll take some time. Eventually, they can switch to better long term solutions which will open several doors for them.
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    So you honestly believe they will fix the notes? I'm sure the notes are "still there", just not assigned because the + char technically didn't receive them. Sorry for lack of better words. Right now I'm thinking the only way to get them back could be a name change back to the original name, but it would help greatly if Nexon would say ANYTHING about this.

Prior the merge I asked in the forum and even sent several tickets because I was worried about my thousands of notes from old friends, their only reply was to update the FAQ, saying they would be merged. I feel trolled and angry.
  • ZetophiZetophi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
    I would say... they should have made the Servers a TITLE ...
    So instead of Person+Server it would actually be a title so our names wouldn't be affected. And the Title can only be removed when there is one of your name :D
    The Title counts as a 3rd title, so it has its own slot :D
    But that is in the past :(
    Sherri