Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How often do you buy NX?

Comments

• sleepycoonsleepycoon
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Keeping in mind probably 4 years worth of breaks total, I've spent about $150 or so since launch. Almost exclusively on pets. I've gotten more as gifts, but not very much.
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    edited June 14, 2019
    0 to ten bucks usually, depending if I run out of phoenix crystals.

At this point though I'm leaning more on none, this game's more of a two hour daily chore at this point and I can just abuse techniques when things get too bursty so I don't die.

I'd actually buy things if they weren't a gamble or peddled as "limited time" like it'll somehow entice me to buy their crap. As it stands, I don't like obvious attempts to make me buy things.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I'm the type to only spend money on online games every once in a while as an "I've Been Better Than That" present. I haven't spent any on Mabi yet, but I can see myself gifting myself a little something in the future.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I'm the type to only spend money on online games every once in a while as an "I've Been Better Than That" present. I haven't spent any on Mabi yet, but I can see myself gifting myself a little something in the future.

That's good and well disciplined.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I started out as an "I'm never gonna buy NX" player. I was managing but then Nexon had a free 20k NX giveaway to everyone. It might've been as a result of some maintenance gone wrong; I forget. But anyway, the end result was that it was like a pusher handing out free crack cocaine in the play ground; I've been buying ever since.
    Lokitin
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Helsa wrote: »
    I started out as an "I'm never gonna buy NX" player. I was managing but then Nexon had a free 20k NX giveaway to everyone. It might've been as a result of some maintenance gone wrong; I forget. But anyway, the end result was that it was like a pusher handing out free crack cocaine in the play ground; I've been buying ever since.

I thought a lot of people got banned after that/as a result of that.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Past me, very frequently. At least $3000 into the game.

Nowadays I make much better choices. I'm a recovered gachaholic.

same. back in high school which i played mabi daily. i would actually spend my lunch money on NX. id get like 5-10 Dollars each day for lunch and would just walk over to the shopping plaza next to the school and walk into the store and buy a card with it instead and use it when i got home. that all came to an end a year or 2 later. went to the store as usual to buy the card got in line for the check out and i get tapped on the shoulder.
    i turn around and who do i see? My father, the one who gives me the lunch money each day. he said "where did you get the money to buy that card?" and im just "oh sh** im so F-ing busted"

from then on he started wanting me to bring home receipts as proof of my purchases with the money otherwise i miss out on lunch for the next couple days for school.

nowadays i only buy Nx maybe once a month for a few items mainly Pons for style tab. and rarely drop a large amount for something i like. did that a few days ago for the red eyed ceraunus. i got lucky and bagged a second one as a drop and sold it for 15m.

but ya good times.
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    *gulp*

I've probably spent like $10k... spread in different accounts since I played in different servers since 2014 until I decided to stay in Alexina...
    *cries* fml lol
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited June 16, 2019
    Weeelll.. I had no idea so I just went to my Purchase History and added it all up.. Since 2012, I've bought about 700k NX, which is like $700.
    HOWEVER, some of that might be bought by someone else AKA someone bought me a NX card.
    I remember a friend buying me a $50 Karma Koin card.. so maybe I spent $650..
    Technically I'm not the one buying NX, I ask my parents LOL Allowance and such
    It all wasn't on Mabinogi either. I've spent a little on both MapleStory and MapleStory 2, but the majority of it was for Mabinogi.

As for how often.. it reaaally varies. Sometimes I ask my parents for some cash for Steam instead and then sometimes I go without asking for any for a few months. (especially recently, dad got laid off, yadda yadda, he's working again tho, but I won't ask for a while)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 16, 2019
    I can tell that so far myself have spent around ~$300 NX, including the ~$20 NX which i got from a friend or something. Also won around ~$50 NX from events. I started to play in 2014, so you can tell i'm holding up pretty good.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Somewhat frequently over the past few months, mostly for gachas that interest me spent a few hundred nowhere near the thousand thankfully but I cut down on that.