Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Remove deadly status for enemies

Donk3yDonk3y
Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
in Feedback and Suggestions
It's just an annoyance, and it doesn't add anything to the game other than frustration. You can't really say it adds any kind of difficulty to the game either.

I say scrap it altogether, but keep it for players (duuh) xD
BlissfulkillLutetiumRaishii

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    You mean you don't enjoy hitting a monster with 11,000 hp for 36,000 damage three times 4+ times per wave before it actually dies?
    Yeah I can't say I do either personally.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Yes, please. There's nothing more annoying than knocking an enemy into deadly with Chain Impale and giving them i-frames for ~5 seconds.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Remove deadly status from players too then...
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Donk3y wrote: »

Well there goes the balance of the game then
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Greta wrote: »
    Remove deadly status from players too then...

I'd be fine with that. Deadly status does more harm than good for players with high HP.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Sherri wrote: »
    Donk3y wrote: »

Well there goes the balance of the game then

Yea, because players having 2-3k hp and monsters having 20-50k hp is balanced...

I mean, we all have to admint that mabinogi is NOT a well balanced game, it's actually pretty badly balanced (as evidenced by how gimped mage is, compared to how godly melee is).

And before somebody brings it up, I'm not talking about endgame. As I said in an earlier post, you don't consider "balanced" something for endgame (unless it's specifically endgame content, like tech duinn hard), so saying that magic is really good when you have equipment that 99.9% of the active population DOESN'T have is a pretty bad argument.

As a rule of thumb in game development, you never cater to the underwhelmingly small minority.
    SherriDanievictria