Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

..........nexon pls fix dis kind of thing...maybe?

Comments

• FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I think the only way Nexon can fix this would be to make female clothes uglier.
    Giving female clothing higher drop rates would probably work too but that seems unbalanced. Another way to fix it would be to take gold away from female players so that they are able to spend less so that high priced clothes would be unable to sell. Not sure if it would help, but it's worth at least asking the computer to run the simulation - kill the poor. We could also attach shock collars to people, shock them every time they try to list something at a high price so that they are conditioned to sell things lower. Or how about we take all items from everyone and share them out equally. Or we could tear up all the clothes and give each person 1 scrap each from each item. Outright ban all clothes. Pump everyone full of happy hormones so they're happy whichever way. Slowly replace each person with androids until there is no one left to complain. Connect all minds together to form a giant hive mind. Replace everyone's eyes with googly-eyes. Dance till you drop. Rub some bacon on it. Send all doctors to the moon so that we are no longer forced to eat an apple a day. Hold a chicken in he air, stick a deckchair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet, bury all your clothes, paint your left knee green, extract your wisdom-teeth, form a string quartet, pretend your name is Keith.

Yaaaa.....NO. i as a female player who only buys clothes maybe 1% of the time in the game would most likely quit for good if they just decided to start punishing me and wiping my gold supply just because of super greedy people spending upwards of 100s of m for a single outfit.

the best option and this would also fix abunch of other issues in the game. nexon does what BDO does and regulates the economy. make a system that lets the player set a price of a item but only within a price range up to the items declared max value.
    Item A can be worth up to 5M while item B is worth only 100k total. but the seller can decide to price anywhere between that and 1 gold. this way people cant just jack up the prices artificially to make absurd profits.

but hey whenever i bring up even a abit of the idea in the official discord 2 moderators in particular from the tarlach server always slap a suspension from chat on me because one time the conversation got out of control with a few people throwing insults, and now the excuse is some people dont like the topic. and have requested that its shutdown if its brought up.
    DanievictriaSherriWolfsinger
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I think the only way Nexon can fix this would be to make female clothes uglier.
    Giving female clothing higher drop rates would probably work too but that seems unbalanced. Another way to fix it would be to take gold away from female players so that they are able to spend less so that high priced clothes would be unable to sell. Not sure if it would help, but it's worth at least asking the computer to run the simulation - kill the poor. We could also attach shock collars to people, shock them every time they try to list something at a high price so that they are conditioned to sell things lower. Or how about we take all items from everyone and share them out equally. Or we could tear up all the clothes and give each person 1 scrap each from each item. Outright ban all clothes. Pump everyone full of happy hormones so they're happy whichever way. Slowly replace each person with androids until there is no one left to complain. Connect all minds together to form a giant hive mind. Replace everyone's eyes with googly-eyes. Dance till you drop. Rub some bacon on it. Send all doctors to the moon so that we are no longer forced to eat an apple a day. Hold a chicken in he air, stick a deckchair up your nose, buy a jumbo jet, bury all your clothes, paint your left knee green, extract your wisdom-teeth, form a string quartet, pretend your name is Keith.

Yaaaa.....NO. i as a female player who only buys clothes maybe 1% of the time in the game would most likely quit for good if they just decided to start punishing me and wiping my gold supply just because of super greedy people spending upwards of 100s of m for a single outfit.

the best option and this would also fix abunch of other issues in the game. nexon does what BDO does and regulates the economy. make a system that lets the player set a price of a item but only within a price range up to the items declared max value.
    Item A can be worth up to 5M while item B is worth only 100k total. but the seller can decide to price anywhere between that and 1 gold. this way people cant just jack up the prices artificially to make absurd profits.

but hey whenever i bring up even a abit of the idea in the official discord 2 moderators in particular from the tarlach server always slap a suspension from chat on me because one time the conversation got out of control with a few people throwing insults, and now the excuse is some people dont like the topic. and have requested that its shutdown if its brought up.

An official price range for items is actually a great idea! A lot of online games that go full free market tend to encounter mega-inflation/mega-deflation issues on their in-game market places and , so far, that official price range idea is the best one I've heard of to mitigate the issue. It protects consumers from extreme price gouging while at the same time protecting merchants from extreme deflation destroying their investment. It's a win-win for everyone...except for the people who love extreme price gouging.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    One way to fix this would be...

Wait for iiiit~

...bringing back the Simon Fishing event where you could fish up clothes. At least, that might help...a little?
    SherriDanievictria
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    The Pink Tax strikes again...

It's a self-imposed "tax." High prices reflect high demand and low supply. Many people want the female outfit and there aren't enough female outfits to go around. The fact that OP complains about the pricing probably means they also want to own the female outfit (and not the male one).

If anything, this should be called "The Male Under-demand"

These prices are exactly the same as the Tarlach server... it's not a tax at all.
    People hoard feamale outfits and place them at higher prices, that's all there is to that, aside supply and demand.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Supply and demand. Look it up.
    THICCthighssavelives