Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hello everyone! Is there a better forum for this?

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Anarchy makes the world interesting.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Pan wrote: »

It will force people to think harder if they don't want a mess.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited June 17, 2019
    Pan wrote: »

It will force people to think harder if they don't want a mess.

Speaking of thinking harder... Kensa, you may want a fainting chair for this one.
    Apparently someone over on the Warframe forums thinks it's my job as a player to work around ("potential") exploits for any of my feature suggestions.
    Like seriously, what if someone kept doing that here? (The FUD ToS quickly hit the disclaimer meme...)
    I think my brain is melting!
    It's like they don't understand that devs get paid for thinking about that technical side of stuff so that players don't panic or get worried.
    Them worrying about the potential exploits (of a merely suggested feature) on the forums, please tell me how that isn't FUD?
    Btw, Pan... are you quite certain you don't live on any other forums? :tongue: :wink:
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Why would I faint? Many industries have 1 dimensional staff, or 1 dimensional leadership who can't get the basics right.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited June 18, 2019
    Why would I faint? Many industries have 1 dimensional staff, or 1 dimensional leadership who can't get the basics right.

The most hilarious part is that it was a player who asked me to do a staff's work for the staff.
    (Literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Take away a dev's paycheck? No thank you.)
    The Warframe staff is as virtually as invisible on feedback threads as Nexon. (Though we do see results, that much is clear.)
    The Warframe staff themselves are likely around the same size of Nexon NA, and are adults more than capable of doing the required work, in order to turn feedback into reality. I simply presumed there's never any exploits to work out in any feedback thread, because we're dealing with developers who always do that part for us. That Warframe player just went on and on, claiming that because I can't find a non-existent fix to a non-existent problem to my suggestion, that my idea was bad.
    They ended their tirade by claiming that it wasn't worth discussing, that my idea will fail because of exploits, and that they were simply bored of the argument. So in the end, I was quite surprised that the Warframe forum vmods didn't notice that the user was trying to bait me into breaking the ToS by asking me to discuss potential exploits of my mere suggestion.

And just so you new players here at the Mabinogi forums know:
    *Discussing exploits of any kind is always a ban-able offense, I should warn you new players out there to remember that.
    (Whether it be perma or temp, don't break ToS.)
    -If there's ever anything exploitable that pops up after an update or new release, always send in a bug report through the ticket system.
    -There are no bad ideas, only bad execution.
    -If execution somehow turns out wrong, then Nexon NA will always be here for us to listen, and will do what they can to improve it whenever they can. (Within five to ten business days, or in the current confines of the spaghetti code.)

This actually makes me want to praise the Mabinogi vmods for always watching and keeping the FUD under control.
    Without you, Mabinogi would be a mess, and our community would be under constant internal or irrational conflict.
    Thank you, Mabinogi Forum Vmods! :love:
    0e8e5e84f44205f5e1d3e883ccec91372de89f654d45304b9d36e687458848f6.jpg

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 19, 2019
    VFM's are failures honestly.
    Some drama/FUD threads stayed active for days/weeks before they got rid of them. And this happens quite often. I sometimes like to check their last activity and some of them dare to log in only once a week. I think only one or two VFM's log in almost daily, but just almost.
    We used to have around 7 VFM's in the past. But after some people complained about their poor activity and overall job, Nexon had to do a clean up. Now we have 4 VFM's and honestly, i can say that only one VFM does a good job, but i won't say which one.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Greta wrote: »

Vmods are volunteers, same as the Mabinogi World Wiki.
    If Nexon NA were to become too dependent on Vmods for forum moderation, then their company mods would never get paid.
    As long as they're active within the 5-10 business days that Nexon NA isn't noticing such things, always make sure to PM them with the thread or comment link.