Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Notify me when guild member logs in" option

LokitinLokitin
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
edited June 16, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I'm gonna suggest it again anyway because I want it to be known that we I still want this.

As it is right now, the "notify me when a friend logs in" option includes both friends and guild members...but I don't want (or care) to know when a guildie logs in, I just want to know when my friends do. It should be it's own separate option to be notified when a guildie logs in. I'd like to think that'd be a simple feature to add, so maybe we can see this sooner than later?

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
Darkpixie99Sherri

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited June 17, 2019
    So let's take the UI into frame here.
    If this were to work, let's say for the benefit of the doubt that it would work like this.

Friends List -> See Friends/View Guild Members
    Right click on Friendofnao, then this list would pop up:
    -Send Message
    -Add Friend
    -Block
    -Change Group (Move to Block or to Friends)
    -Delete Friend (If friend) or Kick from guild (If leader/co leader.)
    -Send Note
    -Homestead
    -Notify of Log In

As for another handy addition:
    Friends List -> Option
    -Nickname
    -My Status
    -Notify Me When A Friend Logs In
    -Notify Me When A Guild Member Logs In (This is generally automatic, so this would be a toggle option.)
    [When Noftify Me When a Friend/Guild Member Logs in is toggled off, a list of friends/guild members you have toggled to be notified will be listed below.]
    Lokitin
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited June 17, 2019
    If only Nexon had merged Alexina too.

No players = no notifications.
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    So let's take the UI into frame here.
    If this were to work, let's say for the benefit of the doubt that it would work like this.

Friends List -> See Friends/View Guild Members
    Right click on Friendofnao, then this list would pop up:
    -Send Message
    -Add Friend
    -Block
    -Change Group (Move to Block or to Friends)
    -Delete Friend (If friend) or Kick from guild (If leader/co leader.)
    -Send Note
    -Homestead
    -Notify of Log In

As for another handy addition:
    Friends List -> Option
    -Nickname
    -My Status
    -Notify Me When A Friend Logs In
    -Notify Me When A Guild Member Logs In (This is generally automatic, so this would be a toggle option.)
    [When Noftify Me When a Friend/Guild Member Logs in is toggled off, a list of friends/guild members you have toggled to be notified will be listed below.]

Thanks so much for writing that out, great thinking. The second example is exactly what I had in mind, just a little extra check-box for guild members which functions the same as the friend’s check-box.

Your first idea is interesting, too—especially to merge them. I wouldn’t be against any of that, though I assume adding just the guildie check-box might be simpler to implement.