Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Most Desired Revamp Poll

Comments

• PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    life skills revamp...
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited January 17, 2017
    Impossible, but I'd also like 'All of the Above'. There is lots of things needing a good revamp and it's ridiculous that there is not anything being done about it.
    It shouldn't be THAT hard... right? .-.

@CapnRecon
    YES PLEASE.
    Er, well.. it's just the fact that it chooses how slowly it wants to boot up.
    'Initializing Pleione System' or something like that.
    It usually lasts quite a bit, but I remember a fair amount of times of waiting so long that the menu music already looped the whole song.
    My computer isn't THAT bad. In fact, it runs very well. It's my baby! :c

But either way, I think it's a tad ridiculous that it takes that long. :(
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited April 6, 2017
    Additional Links to various polls regarding Hot Issues have been added. This should create an even smoother discussion regarding the community view on these topics.

Just 2 votes away from 50, and if we can make it to 100, maybe the devs will count this as an official call to a Twitch stream!

@Sabina
    Whoever moved this to general needs to move this forum back to suggestions and feedback. This poll is the only way we can get the devs aware of what players want the most out of 2017.
  • TinysatanchanTinysatanchan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    I ended up voting for the reforge system revamp, but I think it should include upgrades as well. (Normal upgrades, special upgrades, etc.) Perhaps the wiki is outdated, but trying to figure out how to upgrade and improve my weapons as a new aspect of my gameplay (without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money or gold on the new reforges) was a royal pain. Even asking some of the more experienced players, quite a few of them were confused too. Actually I wa so confused and frustrated trying to find comprehensive information or guides on it that I am now over 2k in levels and just now bothered (after several years of on/off gameplay) to try it again. It would be extremely helpful to just have a nice, clean guide posted up here on the forums and on the wiki that is concise and easy for even newer players to understand. (If there is one on here already, sorry but I haven`t been able to find a good one yet.)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 26, 2017
    @Tinysatanchan I believe there's a reforge guide made by a player here, but the upgrade guide still hasn't been moved from the old forums yet.

*Edit*
    Back on topic, I can't wait to enjoy our first livestream with the KR dev team, it's going to be so exciting to hear what they think of this thread. It will also be very interesting to hear the KR community's take on the highest voted topic.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 28, 2017
    Ktty wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    Actually when the new developers came in, it's one of the things they said they were looking at to see what can be done. wish I had a link to that interview they did where they mention it.

Let's see, back to the latest interview discussion... I'll just google as many as I can and see how much that tells us about the spirit weapon revamp or hints at any other revamps we'll be getting.

-2010 -Removed-All-About
    Nothing but marketing
    -2016 http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/interview-with-nexon-korea-mobile-division/
    Interview with the Mobile Team, hardly touched base on their definition of updating Mabinogi. However, their aim towards more global releases may hint towards a wee bit faster updates.
    -2016 -Removed-
    "Of course, Makeover isn't over yet." Huh. So, that means that dungeons were just phase one, but that still doesn't help us figure out phase two. However, I think this one was the interview that included the topic of Spirit Weapons, although it seems the direction of the improvement still hasn't been settled. This means that if we want this update to happen, we really need to contribute by discussing new ways of interacting with the Spirit Weapons. Oh, man this is just so much to read but it really helps with seeing what we want as a community and what we actually need to contribute on.
  • CaptainroseCaptainrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    server and populations need to be dealt with i have already received almost 200 votes from both ruari and tarlach together, next i am going towards mari and alexina.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 6, 2017
    @Captainrose Thanks for the update!
    Now, there are two ways that Nexon can solve the issue with low player populations. The third may not actually do much of anything if players don't like what they hear.
    1) Server or Channel Merging
    2) Release another revamp (Now from the interview, they talked about music and cooking a bit. The next revamp could be cooking and not draw enough players back, or it could be something else entirely.) I've seen maybe a month or two of a gap between KR releasing something and NA actually getting it. It's not much of a change from before, but it's still showing that they're trying to keep up as best they can.
    3)The KR devs speak with the GMs and NA community on a livestream, and maybe players will get an idea of how things may or may not change from here on out.

Um, for the Partners, Pets, and Spirit Weapons option... was the most you guys were expecting something along the lines of a Nexon GM team approving the drawn images to a new Partner and Spirit Weapon interface? I know as a community there's tons of fan art and commissions for NPC style art that would enjoy this addition, but were there any suggestion pages of note to the GMs that would work for Spirit Weapon improvement? Also, it would be nice to hear Nexon's opinion of having a team moderating UGC in Mabinogi for an update like this, as they will in Peria Chronicles.
  • BuellaBuella
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Let's wrap our otter brains around the topic of Cooking for a moment, if you fine folks would please!

I wish standard cooking cooking factored into the gameplay more than it does currently. For whatever reason, it's the aspect of the game I've been most hooked on from the start even though there's never really a demand for a good dish...simply just leveling up refills your hunger bar for crying out loud!

My, uh...dream, I guess, is to have people showing up in towns declaring "I NEED A CHEF" with, maybe like, specific demands for what kind of stats they'd be most interested in as an added bonus to avoiding stamina penalties. If they don't care about stats and just need a quick refuel after a dungeon run or whatever they can still buy from an NPC. The chef would then look through his or her recipes to find the best fit, which can lead to some fun little exchanges, a new vibrancy to the town social scene, and really bring home that 'fantasy life' concept from a whole new angle that might be appealing to some players...as is the case for moi.~ To that end, higher level dishes should be rebalanced to offer more competitive stat boosts so as to incentivize leveling cooking in the first place...not this bologna about -10 intelligence I'm seeing on some pasta dishes without anywhere near the appropriate compensation in other stats. Not good!

As it stands, hunger is a non-issue and the bonus stats themselves don't stick around that long, and on average are so minuscule that anything but the most potent catering dishes are relevant in that regard. Just seems like a whole heap of wasted potential on a mechanic you don't see explored in a lot of other MMOs, really...

Side-note: I quit for a while because my first experience with the beast that is the kitchen dungeon caused me to fall into a deep depression that could only be resolved by months of intensive pizza-centric therapy, but I have since realized that one could still max their Tasting and simply perform the bare minimum required to get delivery lists from those, so it isn't actually that awful for a character who MAINLY PROGRESSED IN A NON-COMBAT BASED TALENT THAT SUDDENLY DEMANDED COMBAT ABILITY IN ORDER TO PROGRESS.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 6, 2017
    Buella wrote: »
    Let's wrap our otter brains around the topic of Cooking for a moment, if you fine folks would please!

I believe that your little cooking idea would be better placed in this post to be freely discussed. We've already got quite a bit of votes into the life skills, but not very many discussions on how it can be improved.

If you go into the wall of old things that need a revamp, you can confirm that the old server merge poll thread is gone. I have replaced it with a new poll to lower the threads of salt and tears.

I will continue adding other forums with discussions on the desired revamps into the OP, until then thank you all for 70/100 votes. Hopefully this has provided enough feedback and helped improve discussion between community members about the feedback.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Hoping as well that this thread gets more views and votes too.
    I dislike how little we can currently communicate with Nexon/DevKitty Korea :(
    Darkpixie99Milkypocky
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    All URLs have been replaced with click me links, hopefully this has cleaned up some space in the OP and provided everyone with some time to read each section.
  • Transfers_plsTransfers_pls
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Being able to transfer pets between servers so you aren't punished for choosing to restart with friends quite so hard. Even if this means a $ requirement.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 6, 2017
    Okay, so it would seem I have reached a large enough character limit with all of the comment separations...hopefully there won't be a need for any more, but I encourage everyone to read every page up there so we can keep this feedback forum on the topic of which revamp is wanted/needed for the community the most.

93/100 votes, so far it looks like we'll be asking Nexon NA to tell KR to implement All Racial Marriage, All Racial Rebirth, Racial Balancing (KR has clearly hinted it's in the works), Revamp Old Skills, New Skill Caps, New Master Titles, and quite possibly a way to solve our low server population issue.

I have some questions for you guys, please find the correct topic separation in OP to answer them in, or answer me by quote.

Q1: How often would you prefer players to be allowed to change race by rebirth? Each rebirth cycle, or once a month?
    Q2: Should Cor be a new neutral location for every race to be capable of marriage, or should the current NPCs accept that Milletians have a different way of life?
    Q3: Do the current revamps released in KR seem decent enough for racial balancing, or would have preferred something else?
    Q4: Should Nexon hold UGC contests to improve various old skills? (It would probably be cooking and smithing first, just going by the Old Skills Revamp Poll)
    Q5: How does the way Life Skills work make you feel? Should it be more interactive with more minigames, or involve different mechanics?
    Q6: Which skills are in dire need of a skill cap?
    Q7: Should Skill Training Seals continue to be used for maxing out skills?
    Q8: Should skill training seals have a use limit for each skill rank?
    Q9: What's your main concern with old skills being uncapped?
    Q10:Should Nexon KR strive for closer global launches of content updates?
    Q11: How do Nexon NA and Nexon KR feel different as company branches in your eyes?
    Q12: Do you feel that Nexon KR translating packaging from their Mabinogi shop for Nexon NA to sell merch in support of Mabinogi would be worth the time on hand of the company branches? Would you as a player purchase anything from the physical merch store? If so, then what?
    Q13: Would you support UGC contests for player designed events? If so, do you think the most popular events should be picked by the community, NA team, or both?
    Q14: Would you like Nexon KR to give Nexon NA a bit more leeway in how Mabinogi is run, and give the NA team the tools needed to implement new original content?
    Q15:Would you enjoy watching a KR stream of someone from devcat (with an English translator) trying out UGC from Q13 that Nexon NA produced by means of Q14?
    Q16:What are your opinions on recycled events? Which event do you think is most popular?
    Q17: Should the community be able to vote on having either an original or recycled event for special occasions, such as holidays or days like pancake day?
    Q18: How might Nexon KR be able to make Festia more appealing to NA players? Does the current way Festia achievements work seem feasible to you?
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I know it's probably not going to happen but I'd like to see a change, update, fix to fighter skills. Charging strike still bugs out making it impossible to fight back. In general I don't like that fighter is the only set that can be interrupted with heavy penalties (not being able to attack) compared to other skill sets. That and personally I would love to see some more fighter skills, ranged attacks etc. More like fighting game mechanics.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    edited March 16, 2017
    Q6; Cooking. Seriously people, there's tons of other things that is needed for it/to add cooking to.
    Needs a way to involve the HS with farming vegetables.
    Also, it's easy to fill in all the gaps for types of cooking;
    Fermenting, Smoking, Tea-Making, Candy-Making, Chilling.

There.

Also the lack of food is...sad. There's other easy food to make even though it's not in...Other scones. Muffins. Sandwiches..yeesh.

WHY CAN'T I MAKE A PB&J!? And why is HONEY useless?! At least let us use it as a sugar replacement for some things!
    Darkpixie99Sherrishintaroshy64
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 28, 2017
    b164ed58ec9c4593aa5d1662b03d3201.png
    I love seeing all the feedback! (Even if all of it would clutter up the main thread without my comment separations.) If we make it 200, will Saygo do a happy dance for us after presenting KR's opinion of our feedback?
    tumblr_n73zb4Vfa81r5rnoxo1_500_zpscbed40fe.gif
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    I know it's probably not going to happen but I'd like to see a change, update, fix to fighter skills. Charging strike still bugs out making it impossible to fight back. In general I don't like that fighter is the only set that can be interrupted with heavy penalties (not being able to attack) compared to other skill sets. That and personally I would love to see some more fighter skills, ranged attacks etc. More like fighting game mechanics.

You know what, maybe we could ask KR to try out making a new minigame in Festia where there's a whole new way to use the fighter skills, and if enough people like it more than the current one, then maybe they can work towards a full implementation into the player skill mechanics. Although this new mechanic might have to be turned on in the options if it doesn't merge well with the other skills.

My questions from above now have 12-15 16-18, and new questions 19-29 have been added on the next page. I look forward to seeing more feedback in addition to the majority of revamp votes!

Make sure to PM me if a link in the OP acts up again!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    The recent addition of Hair Dyes has been noted as a negative viewpoint, and has been added into the Dressing Room description in OP
  • shintaroshy64shintaroshy64
    Mabinogi Rep: 880

Honestly I'd be happy if they did so much as put in a single area attack, just something to take out surrounding low-medium level mobs, i've gone into dungeons as a champion-wise fighter with everything at rank 6 and under, and still been mobbed because you can only take out one monster at a time, sure you can use windmill and drop kick but windmill doesn't always work and dropkick only goes in a straight line.

It's no substitute for it being fixed but I find if I use focused fist when any of my skills bug out in a fight it sets everything back to normal.

Something i'd like to see with reguards to new skills if they add some is stuff like a Kamehameha or spirit bomb, ( I'm not sure how they would get past copyright laws but it would be cool to see it implemented).
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited March 24, 2017

There is a need for more or better skills with better effects, but we can talk about the rest here.