Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Dilemma of Handicrafts

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
edited June 19, 2019 in Help
Greetings! There's a thing that I've first run into long ago, and I have been forgetting about it every now and then, so I still haven't got a solution.
To complete The World of Handicrafts book's collection one must make a Paper Hat, which you need a Traveler's Guidebook for. The guidebook was given in the very beginning, and I really loved it. Thing is, my Paper Hat production failed, so now I don't have the guidebook and do have an incomplete The World of Handicrafts. I'm not sure if Traveler's Guidebook can be acquired again, guess not. How do I get past this situation?
The solution will also be helpful for those Handicraft beginners who hasn't failed, but simply would like to save a copy of the guidebook! In other words, is there a way for such an outcome as having both the complete collection and the guidebook?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You have to get another copy of that book. Maybe you can get one from someone else or . . .

. . . you are allowed to have multiple Nexon accounts. The only limitations are that you make no more than one account per day and five accounts per month, other than that Roberto is your tio. This means you can make up to 60 accounts per year. If you had been making accounts since Mabinogi began you could have around 700 by now, according to the rules. Anyway, I digress. Make an account, make characters, mail the new characters books to your character in need. Easy peasy!

You can use this to get Avalon Shields as well; but that is more work.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    Helsa wrote: »
    other than that Roberto is your tio
    Huh?...

Well, the idea of my question was how to get another copy on the same character... I'd prefer not to make multiple accounts, because there's no need in them (other than getting the book), and it'd be ultra silly to make an account for the sake of getting one book. I realize that some people would want to make several accounts to learn different quest endings (where they exist), but I'm fine with 2-3 characters on one account and less different endings.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Most players will still have the book on many of their alt characters, and I'd estimate the average price to be about 10k. Just ask around, until someone friendly is willing to take the time to log into their alt and trade it to you. I guarantee they're not at all rare, despite only one being awarded per character.
    Musicat
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Musicat wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    other than that Roberto is your tio
    Huh?...

Bob's you uncle in Spanish.
    Musicat wrote: »
    Well, the idea of my question was how to get another copy on the same character... I'd prefer not to make multiple accounts, because there's no need in them (other than getting the book), and it'd be ultra silly to make an account for the sake of getting one book. I realize that some people would want to make several accounts to learn different quest endings (where they exist), but I'm fine with 2-3 characters on one account and less different endings.

There are other uses for more than one account. As I already mentioned: for the Avon Shield; that's just one example.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Hang around Tir Chonaill long enough and eventually you'll find new characters throwing them out.

I've always hoarded them thinking I might want to use them to make paper hats some day but it never happens. Thank goodness for book bags and storage alts.
    Musicat