Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cash Shop gives me a 403 Error

GTCvActiumGTCvActium
Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
edited June 5, 2019 in Item/Premium Shop
This has happened in the past and since I use dual monitors I usually went to the website to make purchases so I didn't mind. Now that the merge has broken the website one, and I can't access the in-game cash shop to make my purchases. Does anyone know how to fix that 403 error?

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Is this at the time of purchase, or whenever you try to access it? And is the error appearing in the Web Shop or the in-game Cash Shop?
  • XtrooXtroo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I think i have the same issue if not similar.
    IN GAME cash shop: can open the page. However, when i try to check out, it leads to Error 403 page.
    WEB SITE cash shop: Items show up on a new window. However, when I hit "confirm", nothing happens window just stays there as if the "confirm" button is just a dead button.

PS: I tried to buy a different item/service, same thing happens.

AND MY VIP JUSTTTTT EXPIRED :c
  • DraechDraech
    403s are usually the result of a forbidden access. In this case, it may be that your game needs updating, which you can correct by selecting Repair Installation (Nexon Launcher) or Verify Integrity of Game Files (Steam).

It may also be that there is a sync issue with your request while in-game; while you may be able to play without any lag, the Cash Shop is its own service, and may have its own latency. As such, your request might expire before being confirmed. Unfortunately, the only solutions for this are to either wait for the next maintenance hoping it solves the issue, or to keep refreshing the Cash Shop menu by closing it and bringing it back up.

Finally, if you have an anti-virus running, they may be interfering with the Cash Shop, even if you white-listed Mabinogi and Steam/Nexon Launcher. You can try to deactivate it before launching the game, and it might resolve this situation.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    This ONLY affects my main character actually. When I access it from an alt it works fine. For the exact thing that's happening when I open the cash shop inventory and hit the "Shop" button it opens the mini browser and I get the 403 error from that. This only happens when I access it from my main character. When I switch to another character I can open it just fine.
    Xtroo
  • SithbadgerSithbadger
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Xtroo wrote: »
    IN GAME cash shop: can open the page. However, when i try to check out, it leads to Error 403 page.
    WEB SITE cash shop: Items show up on a new window. However, when I hit "confirm", nothing happens window just stays there as if the "confirm" button is just a dead button.

Sithbadger here confirming the same Website shop issue. I have been unsuccessfully trying to renew my VIP service from both the website and though the character select screen (Buy Card) since the merger. I am doubtful that this is at all client side, but I will at least try to reinstall Mabinogi on steam as has been suggested and will update.
  • SamuruuSamuruu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I've been dealing with the same issue for like 8 months now and it's super obnoxious, I've done anything I can think of to try to fix it and Nexon is incredibly unhelpful in live chat/tickets. I would also like to know if anyone figures anything out in regards to this.
  • SithbadgerSithbadger
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Sithbadger wrote: »
    Xtroo wrote: »

Sithbadger here confirming the same Website shop issue. I have been unsuccessfully trying to renew my VIP service from both the website and though the character select screen (Buy Card) since the merger. I am doubtful that this is at all client side, but I will at least try to reinstall Mabinogi on steam as has been suggested and will update.

Update: I have no idea how or why, but I was able to renew after reinstalling Mabinogi on Steam! Woohoo!
  • DraechDraech
    @Sithbadger Glad to see this solved it! In your case, it is most likely one file somewhere was either expired/missing, or that Nexon Guard recognized it as a cheat and disabled it, thus preventing your credentials from being approved (i.e. a 403/Forbidden Access error).

@Samuruu @GTCvActium and @Xtroo Just to make sure, have you cleared your game cache? This can be done from Documents > Mabinogi > Cache (simply delete all the files inside). If it doesn't work, I'd suggest a full reinstall, as one file somewhere may be causing this rejection of credentials. Also, I just want to warn you that Support will most likely not be able to help you with this, as it's likely device-related, and they're very limited in what they can see and what tips they can offer.

And if you have another PC, try logging in via that one to see if the error pops up again. This would indicate if it's the device or the account/character that's the issue.
  • SamuruuSamuruu
    Draech wrote: »
    @Sithbadger Glad to see this solved it! In your case, it is most likely one file somewhere was either expired/missing, or that Nexon Guard recognized it as a cheat and disabled it, thus preventing your credentials from being approved (i.e. a 403/Forbidden Access error).

@Samuruu @GTCvActium and @Xtroo Just to make sure, have you cleared your game cache? This can be done from Documents > Mabinogi > Cache (simply delete all the files inside). If it doesn't work, I'd suggest a full reinstall, as one file somewhere may be causing this rejection of credentials. Also, I just want to warn you that Support will most likely not be able to help you with this, as it's likely device-related, and they're very limited in what they can see and what tips they can offer.

And if you have another PC, try logging in via that one to see if the error pops up again. This would indicate if it's the device or the account/character that's the issue.

Can personally state that I have tried the following:
    Clear the cache, Reinstall the game, made sure IE is up to date, disabled any virus protections, attempted on another computer (clean install) AND on another network, attempted through both Nexon launcher and Steam, flushed DNS and release/renewed my IP

• DraechDraech
    Okay, so it might not be device-related after all. Is there anything special about the character that gets the 403 error compared to your other characters that don't? For example, was the 403 character created way before the ones that work, or was that character ever blackrobed (corrupted, appears as a silhouette of a humanoid wearing a black robe in Character Select)?

Finally, has any of you experienced this issue before February 4, 2019, or only after? If it's after, then chances are your character appears as if they come from Belgium. For that, you can easily contact Support with explicit information about your issue, the steps you've taken to resolve it, the fact it only affects this one character, and the links to this Forum Thread and the Notice to Belgian Players one.
  • SamuruuSamuruu
    Draech wrote: »
    Okay, so it might not be device-related after all. Is there anything special about the character that gets the 403 error compared to your other characters that don't? For example, was the 403 character created way before the ones that work, or was that character ever blackrobed (corrupted, appears as a silhouette of a humanoid wearing a black robe in Character Select)?

Finally, has any of you experienced this issue before February 4, 2019, or only after? If it's after, then chances are your character appears as if they come from Belgium. For that, you can easily contact Support with explicit information about your issue, the steps you've taken to resolve it, the fact it only affects this one character, and the links to this Forum Thread and the Notice to Belgian Players one.

Don't know about the author or other people in this thread but my main is definitely a good amount older than the other characters on the account, no blackrobes. Have been experiencing the issue since November myself.
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited June 19, 2019
    There are hundreds (literally) of things that can cause a 403 Forbidden error. My hunch is the way Nexon has their web shop server arranged and the AWS server sees the client requesting a file rather than a webpage (for example, the client is asking for C://Users/Ferghus/Documents/webstore.html instead of w w w (dot) mabinogiwebstore (dot) c o m.)

Again, just a hunch. I'm not that deep into my fullstack webdev class yet.
  • KayenKayen
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    is anyone still getting this even after the supposed maintenance 'fixed' it?
  • SamuruuSamuruu
    Kayen wrote: »
    is anyone still getting this even after the supposed maintenance 'fixed' it?

Yes.
  • XtrooXtroo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I am getting the 403 error as well, on top of that the reforges which are currently on sale DOES not show up on the WEB SHOP for me. Web Shop is also missing trade unlock. FIX?
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    edited June 30, 2019
    This problem is only worth 3.6 roentgens, I don't know why you guys bother with it so much...

But ummm, something I always do when I get web errors is: try a different browser, clear cache, try a proxy, etc.

Webshop works for me on chrome