Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Phantasmal sight technique not activating

BelleBelle
Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
edited June 23, 2019 in Help
Wondering if anyone is stuck on the Filia Relic quest because the phantasmal sight technique refuses to activate. I've reset my technique set(s) several times, using different combos, but it won't activate. Also the remnants won't drop for me either. I'm not sure what I'm missing or if I'm glitched. I did log a ticket.

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 23, 2019
    For remnants to drop, the enemy needs to have a swirling circle under their feet when you deal the final blow (or knock it into FINISH state).
    12Lk6V5.jpg

Like everything else, the drop isn't guaranteed.

As for activation, I would've suggested that you might have stopped meeting one of the requirements, but all the requirements for that technique can't be lost in any way.

You might need to give a little more detail.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Just to be clear, Phantasmal Sight isn't a passive ability. You need to set the hotkey for it and turn it on using the hotkey. It lasts 2 minutes. Every 10 seconds, while active, colored lights will be placed on all enemies and gathering spots INSIDE the circle of particles. Only enemies and spots which have had lights placed over them will be affected, even if something without a light enters circle.
  • BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    edited June 24, 2019
    Thank you for the answer. I didn't realize the icon below the card slot is what you used to put on the hotkey. Thank you Poke
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    An enemy will only go into the red-state every time the skill "refreshes" so you have to kinda hug the enemy if you want them to drop anything.

Also the skill implies that the drop-rate is based on the HP that the enemy has, so hunting low-level enemies with almost no health would minimize the drop rate (i.e. Raccoons are probably bad). You can also only get 30 per use of the sight, or mathematically a max of 30 every five minutes.