[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct
. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
[Announcement] Name Change Availability
We are happy to announce that the free name change option will be available for all characters whose names were changed during the server merge. We apologize for the delay, as there were multiple systems that needed to be checked to ensure that Milletians would be able to request a name change, such as the issue where some characters could not leave an expired guild. As we understand the sentimental value of your names, we will be monitoring this system very closely. Thank you for your patience.
- The Mabinogi Team
Name Change Availability
Tuesday, June 25th, 11:00 am PDT.
Known Issue [RESOLVED]:
- To give a fair chance for players whose names were changed due to the server merge, the name change option will only be available for these users from the start, serving as a grace period.
- All players whose name was changed during the server merge will receive 1 free name change for each character that was affected. (excluding pets and partners)
- Before proceeding, please read and agree to the name change limitations and information listed below.
- If the chosen character is met with a limitation, the name change process cannot be continued until the requirement is resolved. (Character in a guild, item in cash inventory, etc.)
- To properly begin and reserve your name, please visit this Name Change Reservation web page after 11:00am PDT on Tuesday, June 25th.
- Log in to the account with an affected character whose name was changed to "Name+Server". If no character's name on the account was changed, the name change option will not be available.
- From this page, choose your character name and server from the drop down menu.
- Input a preferred name for your character! This name can be your original character name that you had previously, or feel free to choose a new name to suit your character.
- Note: While the 16 character name event is active, you may choose a name between 3 ~ 16 characters during the event duration!
After confirming your new name, this name will be reserved for your character, and cannot be chosen by another character.
- Reserved name changes will be processed during every weekly maintenance on Thursdays.
- We recommend reserving your name as soon as possible, as there is no guarantee the name you want will be available depending on the timing of the name change reservation.
- Furthermore, the paid Name Change Coupon will be released in the near future, opening the name change option up to all users. Details regarding the Name Change Coupon sale will be posted at a later date.
There was a mistake in the messaging for this error, as it also noted that the "Character has an Item in the Cash Shop Inventory”. Now, you will receive the message "The Account has an Item in the Marketplace (Housing) Inventory. Visit the Bank NPC in the Marketplace to Retrieve Items." if your account has an item in the Marketplace.
Please remove the items
and try your request again.
Known Issue: Characters who had items in the cash shop Item Shop Inventory prior to the June 3rd server merge will be unable to submit a request through the Name Change Reservation web page. If you experience this issue, submit a support ticket along with the details in this support article in order to make a formal name change request. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
Name Change Information: Before proceeding with the name change, you must agree to the following policy.
Name Change Coupon's Limitations:
A name change request will be cancelled if a character is under any of the conditions below:
- Name change requests will be completed every week during maintenance.
- You will not be able to make a request for a name change during maintenance.
- To be eligible for a name change, the character must be cumulative level 30 or above.
- The character’s Cash Shop Inventory must be emptied before requesting a name change.
- During the name change process, the affected character will be unable to purchase and/or receive items from the Cash Shop.
- Names can be changed up to 5 times per character.
- After changing a character’s name, you must wait 1 month before being able to change it again.
Name Change Coupon Warnings:
- If a character is in a guild or is waiting to be accepted into a guild.
- If a character has a Seal Breaker Title.*Does not affect the G1 title, 'the Seal-Breaker of Another World'.
- If a character is married.
- If a character is in a family.
- If a character is waiting to be deleted.
- If a character is banned.
- If the account has a shop in the Marketplace(Housing), is currently bidding for a shop, or if there are shop items in the Marketplace inventory.
Name Change Coupon Affected Features:
- If you have an item that was bound to you, but is currently unbound as a result of using a Trade Unlock Potion, the item will be bound to you again if you equip it after the name change. Customer Support will be unable to help to unbind the item again. The item will need to be unbound again by using another Trade Unlock Potion.
- If you change your character’s name, your partner’s likeability towards that character will be reset.
- If you change your character’s name, any notes in the character's Notes Inbox will be lost.
Name Change Coupon Unaffected Features:
- Character name in your character information tab.
- Character name in your bank tab.
- Character name in your Friends List.
- Character name in the mailbox.
- Character name in Tara Auction, Taillteann Farm, and Royal Alchemist.
- Character name in Exploration Chronicles, Dungeon Rankings, Advancement Ranking, and Festia.
- Name of the character who found the Ruins
- Seal Breaker’s name.
- Any items signed by a Crafter.
- Character’s name on bound items. Bound items can still be equipped.
- Names on currently existing flyers.
- Names on the Offering Board in Pontiff’s Court.
- Notes that have been sent before.
 im not effected, by the merge, so i dont get it for free
but.. what about the rest of us not effected? don't you want my money nexon? :C
its cold, its paper, its a pretty shade of green that'll go great to your collection for your top staff members employers C:
Disappointed that there is nothing for pets. I've got so many renamed that I can't even summon them by text command because I don't know which is and which isn't.
Also, why do we need to be without a partner/family? If the forced name change for the server tags didn't break it, then why wouldn't restoring your name to normal be an issue?
I shouldn't have to divorce my friend because you guys had poor planning skills.
Just hop on your phone-y phone.
Beware not all workplaces will grant such a permission.
Just take your break at that time.
For guild leaders with the server tag, find someone you either trust or know well in IRL to hold your guild for you.
I know those founding dates are super nostalgic, and won't want to be dropped.
Because Nexon lacks the "Planning" skill. And they don't qualify for it.
Not sure where you read that, but it's incorrect. If you are currently married and send in a name change request, your name change request will be cancelled.
Which doesn't make sense, seeing as they were able to change players' names once before without such a complication.
Sounds like Nexon is being lazy.
During testing, we found details that were not reflected in the Marriage Info after a character's name is changed. If your character's name is changed, the new name will not be reflected on the Marriage Info or Marriage Title. Additionally, due to the nature of the system and the Wedding Ring item, all Wedding Ring items cannot be merged and must be removed. Though the ring will be removed, please be assured that this will not break the character or the character’s marriage status. Should you wish to divorce and re-marry, it may be necessary to perform a ‘Forced Divorce’ option through both spouses first. We sincerely apologize for these inconveniences.
Known Issue: If a character’s name is over 16 characters, they cannot get engaged. This will be fixed at a later date.