Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you all manage to get your desired names?

Comments

• ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    I just want to remind everyone, because it's easy to forget, that the name you're attempting to claim as your own belongs to up to two other people, each of which is just as deserving of that name as you are. If one of your dopplegangers manages to keep their name, it doesn't mean they stole it from you. The fact that your name got a server tag means that you'd likely be racing at least one other person, possibly two, to get that name.

In short, please don't harass the one who won that race in-game, or call them a thief. They were merely protecting their own name, same as you.

Very true. I can respect that viewpoint.

In short, it's not the other person's fault; we have only The Powers That Be to blame for this travesty.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 25, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

You chose to be on Alexina.

That was your decision. :P
    I just want to remind everyone, because it's easy to forget, that the name you're attempting to claim as your own belongs to up to two other people, each of which is just as deserving of that name as you are. If one of your dopplegangers manages to keep their name, it doesn't mean they stole it from you. The fact that your name got a server tag means that you'd likely be racing at least one other person, possibly two, to get that name.

In short, please don't harass the one who won that race in-game, or call them a thief. They were merely protecting their own name, same as you.

Anyone can take an available name.

They didn't add in the "safeguard" of only allowing those who once had the name to be able to select it.

I still think that name ownership should be based on a combination of overall play time and Character Creation Date.
    Trees
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

At least i don't need to stress over Nexon mistakes or see any ugly name tags.
    TreesSherri
  • CicholsbaneCicholsbane
    Mabinogi Rep: 425

I can assure you that is not true in my case. The name I am locked out of because of their item shop error is a name I have had since Mabinogi was fresh out of beta, and I guarantee that no other holder of that name has been more active with it than me (there weren't even other holders of that name on the other two servers when I made the character). I am at the mercy of Nexon's ticket system on my birthday for a name that has been near and dear to my heart for 11 long years, and all because I took a four-month hiatus from the game before the merger happened.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

At least my server is no longer the target of "dead" jokes.
  • GembiGembi
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    I definitely got it on a few of my characters but 3 of them are "ineligible" and I don't know what that means
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 25, 2019
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

At least my server is no longer the target of "dead" jokes.

At least I got more chances to get better prizes in Festia Instant Prize Event, and no one is gonna laugh at Alexina for that like before some did back then. :)
    Have fun losing a chance within 5 minutes or maybe even less. Alexina had a record for losing prize slots within 15 minutes the last time this event happened.
    Sherri
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    inb4 tickets strategically aren't answered before Thursday maint
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    I had fun with this.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

Name merger?
  • GretaGreta
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

Name merger?

Hmmm... Sounds amusing!
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I would like to remind everyone to be nice to the support team when discussing your issues with them. They're dealing with a spaghetti code game that was made in 2005, and the original developers of the game aren't on the staff anymore. You should definitely make tickets about your issues, but remember that the issue isn't the fault of the person responding to your ticket. They have feelings too, they're not robots. I was in live chat support this morning for a name change issues of my own and everything got resolved quickly and the GMs are very nice and are trying their best to make this work.
    GretaSherriLokitinRadiant DawnIonLiberateImaizumiKitini
  • TreesTrees
    Shakaya wrote: »
    I would like to remind everyone to be nice to the support team when discussing your issues with them. They're dealing with a spaghetti code game that was made in 2005, and the original developers of the game aren't on the staff anymore. You should definitely make tickets about your issues, but remember that the issue isn't the fault of the person responding to your ticket. They have feelings too, they're not robots. I was in live chat support this morning for a name change issues of my own and everything got resolved quickly and the GMs are very nice and are trying their best to make this work.

Corporation and its Employees don't deserve sympathy for this lmfao? It's not cute to get accustomed to terrible customer service like this
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.

Name merger?

Hmmm... Sounds amusing!

All characters get wiped. We now have to share one character and everyone gets 30 seconds to perform a task. "Twitch Plays Mabinogi"
    TreesKensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Pan wrote: »
    I had fun with this.

You're going to get eaten alive Pan. Troll or not, this is not going to look good for you. You better run.
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    I had fun with this.

You're going to get eaten alive Pan. Troll or not, this is not going to look good for you. You better run.

I see you still refuse to ignore trolling while Pan refuses to stop trolling. You are perfect for each other, no doubt.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited June 25, 2019
    Trees wrote: »

Corporation and its Employees don't deserve sympathy for this lmfao? It's not cute to get accustomed to terrible customer service like this

The people working on this game are trying their best. If you wouldn't yell at a Wallmart cashier for something wrong with your purchases, you shouldn't do that anywhere. The people working at the corporation are not responsible for every wrong thing the corporation does. Also, when you're kind and patient to the customer support they will prioritize you over the people that are being rude. That's true for anywhere.
    Greta
  • TreesTrees

The people working on this game are trying their best. If you wouldn't yell at a Wallmart cashier for something wrong with your purchases, you shouldn't do that anywhere. The people working at the corporation are not responsible for every wrong thing the corporation does. Also, when you're kind and patient to the customer support they will prioritize you over the people that are being rude. That's true for anywhere.

Your analogy is irrelevant to this name change issue.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

But you know, angry customers don't use that kind of logic.
    Shakaya
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420

Terrible? How long have you been playing Mabi? Nexon's support is GREAT compared to what it used to be like years ago.

I've been playing since G10 was released, and if you think their current level of support is terrible, you'd be screaming bloody murder if you dealt with Nexon back then.

Now they have people on live chat during business hours, and most tickets are responded within days. Not to mention, they try pretty hard to fix whatever issues they can. Recently, I accidentally dropped my chain blade and they were able to recover it.

Back when I started, I had an issue and it took them over THREE MONTHS to close the ticket, only to basically say they couldn't do anything.

They may not win any awards, but their current support is pretty good. And before you accuse me of kissing butt, I still dislike Nexon as a company, particularly for gacha and some poorly handled events.
    ShakayaGretaSherriroastedpigAlexisEULokitinIonLiberateImaizumi