Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So G23 introduced an Ego Perspective

XerterXerter
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
edited June 23, 2019 in General Chat
So in G23 there are Couple of missions where you switch into an Ego Perspective. And Tbh I really like it. The World seemed so... different. And now that I think about it, I kind of wish this get introduced in the Main game aswell. I mean, how nice would it be to Explore the Underground Maze or Dungons in Ego?

And yes i know, Towe Cylinder had already Ego but it has a weird FoV and is stationary.

Anyone share my opinion?
Venescence

Comments

• VenescenceVenescence
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    First person vision give an entire new perspective to the game. Their are some places that I dream to see with an Ego Perspective ^^
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh you mean Mabinogi VR. Yeah that was fun.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    oooohhh so thats what you meant, when I first saw this post I was like what do you mean Ego(Spirit weapon?) lol
    Faithrend
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Those quests had a mixed effect on me... the camera switch increased immersion and then immediately broke it because of the absurdity of the situation.

I have the ability to FLY, why am I running into this mess???
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Eralea wrote: »
    Those quests had a mixed effect on me... the camera switch increased immersion and then immediately broke it because of the absurdity of the situation.

I have the ability to FLY, why am I running into this mess???

to be fair not all militeans have done doki doki, island. Heck I even have not done it since the ability to fly during raids was taken away, so I didn't bother getting when it came back. Unless you mean by pets lol.
    Donk3y
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    It baffles me why you felt the need to call it an "ego vision"....

First person too outdated?
    SherriFaithrendLiberateXafnirTiramisugoi
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeeeah I was gonna say.. the heck is an Ego vision? isn't it First person?
    Faithrend
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You mean first person?
    Faithrend
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Am I missing something or is Ego another way of saying first person view? Because this made zero sense with me.
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    edited June 25, 2019
    Yeah I was lost until I got half way down the commentsbut great thread looking forward to this content I haven’t done yet
  • XerterXerter
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Okay, to clarify. Yes I mend first person. Idk If it is cultural differences or something but we say, for Example "Ego Shooter" instead of "First Person Shooter" here. And that is not a term that just recently came up but okay.
    Also, yeah I forgot about the Egos in Mabi. I mean I love my Ego but it has become somewhat unrelevant.
    So yeah I mend Fist Person View. Didn't tought I had to explain that.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    It's ok, it was only 3.6 roentgens of confusion, barely noticeable.
    MairuTiramisugoi
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Xerter wrote: »
    Okay, to clarify. Yes I mend first person. Idk If it is cultural differences or something but we say, for Example "Ego Shooter" instead of "First Person Shooter" here. And that is not a term that just recently came up but okay.
    Also, yeah I forgot about the Egos in Mabi. I mean I love my Ego but it has become somewhat unrelevant.
    So yeah I mend Fist Person View. Didn't tought I had to explain that.

Can you edit your opening post and title to say "first person" instead of "ego" ?
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    That's not common at all dude, no one uses tower cylinders and people only use ego towers for hydra these days.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited June 30, 2019
    I had to ask since I didn't before but since you called a "First person view" "Ego View" What does the E.G.O even stand for?

Sorry I am just trying to make sense out of it since its out of my common sense range while open to new knowledge.
    Greta
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    aef8234 wrote: »
    That's not common at all dude, no one uses tower cylinders and people only use ego towers for hydra these days.

Umm, he meant the first person view from the tower cylinder, not what we refer to "ego" (spirit weapon) :D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Donk3y wrote: »

Umm, he meant the first person view from the tower cylinder, not what we refer to "ego" (spirit weapon) :D

This just proves that OP mixed up words or just doesn't understand the meaning of "Ego" or/and "First person".
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    Donk3y wrote: »

Alshian wrote: »
    I had to ask since I didn't before but since you called a "First person view" "Ego View" What does the E.G.O even stand for?

Sorry I am just trying to make sense out of it since its out of my common sense range while open to new knowledge.

iirc it was either someone went freudian on the forums and the name caught on, or it was the literal translation in kr mabi, or it started in kr mabi.

It's the same reason dash punch used to be a thing.