Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Name Change Availability

Comments

• MaugreMaugre
    Mabinogi Rep: 785
    Or we could not be required to divorce, disband families, leave guilds, etc just to get our original names back.

It's not like we had to do that for them to change to Name+Server.
    LenariPlatinaKokiGretaSpareoh
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Maugre wrote: »
    Or we could not be required to divorce, disband families, leave guilds, etc just to get our original names back.

Are you serious? Because of what they did no one could be removed from guilds or join guilds. O_o;;;
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    Maugre wrote: »

If you knew how relational databases work, then you would know this isn't as simple as it sounds. No doubt they were intending to allow name changes to affect the least amount of data tables as possible so the characters themselves don't become corrupt.

With an old game like this, I bet the database is even more messy like the code is for the game itself.
    DANIarts
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Moroaica wrote: »
    Katherz wrote: »
    • To properly begin and reserve your name, please visit this Name Change Reservation web page after 11:00am PDT on Tuesday, June 25th.
    Well this bites for those of us who are stuck at work. -_-

Just hop on your phone-y phone.
    Are you kidding? In my line of work, phones with cameras is a huge no-no.
    Spareoh
  • MoroaicaMoroaica

Beware not all workplaces will grant such a permission.

Just take your break at that time.
    Keep in mind that not all employers allow breaks to be taken whenever we want. Some places will even deduct time out of your break simply for using the restroom. -_-
    SpareohShadoe
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Moroaica wrote: »

Beware not all workplaces will grant such a permission.

Just take your break at that time.
    Keep in mind that not all employers allow breaks to be taken whenever we want. Some places will even deduct time out of your break simply for using the restroom. -_-

Uh, instead of triple-posting, how about editing your post each time you want to say something while your post is the last one in the thread.
  • SSOSSO
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Lenari wrote: »
    I got the cash shop inventory error despite not having anything there. Trying to log into the game to double-check and logging in is impossible. Will anything ever work according to plan? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z.

Same here. Havent bought any NX for over 3 years so i dont know why i would be getting this error. Logged on to check and i even tried buying some arrows with the small amount of leftovr nx i have to see if that would fix it.
  • SilverElf002SilverElf002
    Lenari wrote: »
    I got the cash shop inventory error despite not having anything there. Trying to log into the game to double-check and logging in is impossible. Will anything ever work according to plan? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z.

I'm getting a guild error on a character that is not, nor has ever been, in a guild
  • NotkanamiNotkanami
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    I thought we weren't going to let people name snipe though? I lost my Giant Emilia because the name was taken and I'm fairly sure the other Emilia's weren;t active anymore. it hurts to lose a character you've had for a decade because someone's fawning over an anime (I assume)
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    just realised: If two people both have pet adoption medals, they can trade a pet back and forth and force a name change on the pet. This is gonna cause a heck of a frenzy when Nexon puts the medals on the cash shop again.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Mairu wrote: »
    just realised: If two people both have pet adoption medals, they can trade a pet back and forth and force a name change on the pet. This is gonna cause a heck of a frenzy when Nexon puts the medals on the cash shop again.

Kind of a hassle, though.

Especially for the person initiating it, since they have to clear the pet's inventory.
  • XtrooXtroo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    Since character who has housing can't be name changed yet until the house lease expires, is it possible to pass it to an alt?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Notkanami wrote: »
    I thought we weren't going to let people name snipe though? I lost my Giant Emilia because the name was taken and I'm fairly sure the other Emilia's weren;t active anymore. it hurts to lose a character you've had for a decade because someone's fawning over an anime (I assume)

Yeah, the whole point is to avoid name-sniping. So if you think someone took a name that wasn't originally theirs (in your case, the name Emilia), submit a Support Ticket and chances are they'll give priority to the person who had the original name. It's worth a try, at least.
    Notkanami