Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why did they change the logo?

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
in General Chat
I just noticed the new Mabinogi: Tempest logo has changed the font. It's so weird to look at, to me — it's almost unnerving. What happened there? Did the old version of the logo expire or something?

new-font.png
Even the YouTube videos about the new generation uses this new version of the logo.

7aefd135274a2427dc26f16b7cdf1932
Remember this? We can still see it on the main site and even above the forum.

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Artistic choice?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    It's probably a temp change to hype up/draw attention to the newest generation. It looks like a storm and the generation is literally called tempest.
    pawcalypseSherriLokitinVenescenceTreesWolfsingerstarkiller1286
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    I was also a bit confused as to why mabinogi was written in that flat, italic font lol.

Probably (hopefully) going to change with part 2 :D
    pawcalypse
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    edited June 24, 2019
    Nothing new, promotion art has not used the original font for almost every generation since g17.
    TreesLokitinSherripawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Artistic choice?

I'd go with this one.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Artistic choice?

Crappy choice, along with that wrestling announcer for the promo video. This is embarrassing. Smh.
    pawcalypse
    Gaea wrote: »
    Artistic choice?

Crappy choice, along with that wrestling announcer for the promo video. This is embarrassing. Smh.

Devcat did it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

Devcat didn't choose this, it was Nexon NA
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    They almost always do that. The font is just going through an edgy phase. It'll go back to being cute and cuddly next patch.
    Tiramisugoipawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

That makes sense. The new YouTube videos also seems like it is a NA variant only.
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

That makes sense. The new YouTube videos also seems like it is a NA variant only.

Gotta blame someone. *shrug*
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    I have the first logo tattooed on my elbow just the image now I look like a Viking or something
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

I cringed so bad when I heard that announcer narrating. I guess announcers are cheap to hire. 9dnGeIh.png
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

I cringed so bad when I heard that announcer narrating. I guess announcers are cheap to hire. 9dnGeIh.png

Well there are a lot of PA announcers all over SoCal.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 26, 2019
    Nexon tried something different and i don't see any issue with this honestly. It's not like they changed the logo everywhere and forever.
    pawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    This could be a little juicy hidden clue us Lore seekers can get a bite on to enjoy finding out.

Due to the fact the Black Moon crest look like a storm. The Arc remind me of one of Shakespeare's for I was not far from when I had claimed that it will be like "The Plague" while still curious about this "Moon" for it seems they are running on time preparing for something big.

I just can't wait > w <
    Greta wrote: »
    Nexon tried something different and i don't see any issue with this honestly. It's not like they changed the logo everywhere and forever.

I mean the topic of discussion was quite simple, and there shouldn't be much elaborate answers.
    The answer to whether the old logo still exists, you will find out in a few ways before you get onto the game.
    Whether the logo exists on the launcher. When the game client boots up, they will show the various logos of the parties involved.
    When the client is loading for you to log in, they usually spin the logo at the bottom right corner. If any of these have changed, then you could be concerned whether the logo is still valid.

Other ways of finding out would be to see if the logo is still found on the various Mabinogi websites of Nexon.

Highly doubt an official logo would expire as these designs are normally patented.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

Yeah probably picked up a random one off of the street and paid him in Nx and lanyards. XD

Seriously NA, that was awful. smh.
    Artistic choice?

Devcat did it.

Yeah probably picked up a random one off of the street and paid him in Nx and lanyards. XD

Seriously NA, that was awful. smh.

e048cb58c1eda42bdc01d56dc3084f32.jpg