Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 26, 2019
    Meanwhile in Alexina...

After like 2 HOURS they finally fixed it.

EDIT: Still Alexina on 15% while Nao is twice as bigger with 26%

RY0b4Yz.png
    AVyoqbp.png
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Alexina...

RY0b4Yz.png
    AVyoqbp.png

But also note the time of the day and the day of the week.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    While Nexon creates more channels on Nao to accommodate for the bigger population, they took away channels from Alexina and even with 6 channels, it still is dead on every channel.
    TheDumbOneGreta
    Pan wrote: »
    While Nexon creates more channels on Nao to accommodate for the bigger population, they took away channels from Alexina and even with 6 channels, it still is dead on every channel.

Depression (economic) level dead?
  • GretaGreta
    Meanwhile in Alexina...

RY0b4Yz.png
    AVyoqbp.png

But also note the time of the day and the day of the week.

Well it still counts in some way.

• FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    You can’t just have one server period
    Spareoh
  • GretaGreta
    Faithrend wrote: »

Yes you can. There's no such requirement for online games to rely on multiple ones all the time.

Yes you can. There's no such requirement for online games to rely on multiple ones all the time.

A lot of mobile games end up having 1 server (even if it is by region).
    GretaSherriTheDumbOne
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065

Said who?
    TheDumbOne
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Uhh, so the population IS unbalanced and Alexina players were right? Was the wording messed up?

I’m not sure if the server population meters are based on currently logged players, or total created characters. The Alexina meter has been steadily dropping since the merge so I’ll assume it has to do with logged players (otherwise a BUNCH of people are deleting their Alexina characters rather than just making a new account). I remember comparing the meters a few days after the merge and they were nearly equal, which is what I expected. It’ll be interesting to see whether Alexina players move back once the hype dies and the merge events end. If this trend continues/stays then I think it’s pretty likely Alexina will be absorbed into Nao, too.
    Greta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Lokitin wrote: »
    Uhh, so the population IS unbalanced and Alexina players were right? Was the wording messed up?

I’m not sure if the server population meters are based on currently logged players, or total created characters. The Alexina meter has been steadily dropping since the merge so I’ll assume it has to do with logged players (otherwise a BUNCH of people are deleting their Alexina characters rather than just making a new account). I remember comparing the meters a few days after the merge and they were nearly equal, which is what I expected. It’ll be interesting to see whether Alexina players move back once the hype dies and the merge events end. If this trend continues/stays then I think it’s pretty likely Alexina will be absorbed into Nao, too.

It is live log-ins. There are several reasons for the discrepancy, but the main reason is that the merge was very successful.

With regards to cross server changing:
    - initially, some folks shocked by the large population on Nao may have made characters on Alexina, but after a while they realized that they could just keep their well developed character on Nao and just not visit the hyper-busy channels, unless they have to, so they stayed with Nao.
    - Some folks moved from Alexina to Nao because it feels like Alexina 2013 all over again, while some have not moved in a big way because they expect Alexina to be merged as well, before too long. Personally, I have some characters on Nao, which I am logging into regularly, but I'm not doing anything major with them other than participating in the Jousting mini-game.

While server jumping is contributing to the population discrepancy, I think the major reason is that folks native to the three merged servers have decided to come back to Mabinogi, since they are no longer on lightly active servers. Nao has about 2.5 times the population of Alexina. Averaged over three servers that means they all are averaging about 83% the population of Alexina. The bulk of that is, I think, unexpected returns. In other words, name issues notwithstanding, the merge worked.
    Kensamaofmari
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited June 27, 2019
    i know this will only make hate but i have to say it...
    you all forget how many years Alexina was popular any new ppl or older ppl only and always talked about how Alexina was the best populated most lively for these past nearly 7 years Ruairi was always given the the tittle of dead and most expensive server (cant say for the other 2) most ppl didnt asked for merge in 1st place and if you are bothered than hit it whene it is needed on Nexon not on ppl from Nao server and if your that much bothered than just leave Alexina and start on Nao
    (dont wanna start from 0 again well i wont pitty noone bothered where EU died either)

sorry i know most of you are probably pissed after reading all that but you make its sound like there is something else much more value on Nao
    but there is not SURE its more populated but thats also 3x more AFK statues/even more Gold sellers/more new players who will soon quit/ that much more who just sit on CH1 and selling 24/7 /no help of partys everything still just solo this your self noone cares and much more delays for least some EU players...

i cant help it but after reading all the posts in this section i think that most Alexina's users are more angry about that Alexina lossing its crown rather than players....

sorry to all i know your angry and i do hope you get your merge as well since you are left out and i know how that feels as well..
    Faithrend
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 27, 2019

Most mobile games aren't run with potato servers.
    Faithrend

Most mobile games aren't run with potato servers.

Well most mobile games from that era are already dumped into the recycle bin.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Looks like some more reliable data is coming soon. This new balloon event is ideal for measuring actual activity on each server. Talking to the NPC Lenny between 7pm-11pm will even provide data for specific hours. Let's see how each server does. ^_^
    GretaSherri
    Looks like some more reliable data is coming soon. This new balloon event is ideal for measuring actual activity on each server. Talking to the NPC Lenny between 7pm-11pm will even provide data for specific hours. Let's see how each server does. ^_^

This time frame would allow us to see how much traffic we get from these areas:
    1. Late night for east of Rockies
    2. Western US zone
    3. Asia-Pacific, Oceania and Middle East who are not using the other services.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Holy hell, somebody was entitled in this thread earlier...

-cough- That aside, yeah, I kind of find it laughable that they didn't see this result coming. Seeing how stuffed full Nao is, I find myself with another reason to be thankful that Alexina wasn't merged for now. I wouldn't be able to handle all of that potential lag. :L
  • FlylowFlylow
    Yep, I really wanted to come back but realized Alexina will be dead and decided not to. Guess I'll just keep giving GGG my money instead of Nexon since they decided to screw us.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Flylow wrote: »
    Yep, I really wanted to come back but realized Alexina will be dead and decided not to. Guess I'll just keep giving GGG my money instead of Nexon since they decided to screw us.

Yep, many of us on the ALX are P.O'd about that. Check back from time-to-time, as I suspect they'll rectify it.
  • GretaGreta
    Flylow wrote: »

Incredible job Nexon...
This discussion has been closed.