Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make egos great again (staff ego)

Gaby5011Gaby5011
Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
edited June 26, 2019 in Content from Other Regions
Yeah whoever said that a staff ego would be a waste, think again pls thx

SherriRadiant Dawn

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    looks like magic will be the meta again ^_^
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    As someone who mains magic... I CAN'T WAIT!!
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    well that does look way to stupidly OP on the other hand i have to agree that advanced magic is mostly useless for snail slow humans for sure since everything just comes to your face and SMACK! since it takes ages to load it and use it specially for ppl like me who live in EU and have to deal with the tiny delay
    but still ... it does feel kinda to OP have odd and wierd hunch there will be some massive negative to all that OPness tho.
    Donk3y
  • SamuruuSamuruu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    As a magic user I've always wanted passive chain casting but always figured it would be too OP, glad to see this lol.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 27, 2019
    Seeing how much she still gets stunlocked by enemies does kind of put a damper on things lol not a lot you can do if you can't outrun the enemies poking you. I imagine mages are going to be super annoying in less organized parties where they'll be spamming fireballs while everyone is trying to chain sweep or stampede and vice versa the new buff mages will be raging when they lob fireballs and someone stampedes/windmills everything away from the impact zone.

In all, should be cool to see more people using egoes and the other talents besides chain/melee/archery
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    edited July 1, 2019
    Samuruu wrote: »
    As a magic user I've always wanted passive chain casting but always figured it would be too OP, glad to see this lol.

I never understood why they would be "op" in the first place, considering we have final hit and final strike and final shot (not available in eu lol).

Honestly I would have much preferred a "final cast" instead of final shot, as a elf exclusive skill, which basically gives you a form of spell walk, but in a "spell port" kind of way, so you could teleport from place to place (kinda like final shot teleport), while still being able to charge your skills in that time.

Also a int fusion while the skill is activated would be nice :D

What I'm really wondering is how come she can spam fireball while barely losing any MP O_O
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Donk3y wrote: »
    What I'm really wondering is how come she can spam fireball while barely losing any MP O_O

Druid Staff is -30% mana use when upgraded properly, erg 50 is 45% mana use reduction for intermediate spells, fire/ice/lightning mastery are -20% mana use at rank 1, every 100 int is -2% mana use this character is an elf and is more than likely over 40k total with a 100+ int echostone and at 1900 int that's a 38% reduction. Casting speed bonuses also reduce mana consumption by their bonus with the exception of the phoenix fire wand's upgrades which increase the mana cost of all spells by the rate they increase fire spell's casting speed.
    With all that in mind Fireball has a 20 base mana cost for humans and elves and 24 for giants per charge, I believe Fire Mastery the Druid Staff upgrade and the Erg upgrade bonus are additive and the others are multiplicative but I'm not 100% sure on that game mechanic, I'm also not sure if the mana usage reduction from transmutation alchemy actually functions yet.

As for my opinion on ego staves, magic being the trash tier black sheep skill set that it is was one of the reasons (aside from archery not functioning outside of the west coast due to aim desync with latency) I stopped playing my 25k elf and switched to giant in spite of preferring to play mage when the option is available in the majority of games. Since back in 2012 when puppet was decimating everything in the game I've been saying int magic needs chain cast +2 to make magic have any chance of keeping up so this choice for staff egos feels like Park heard me from across space and time, but at this point it's almost too little too late because too much of magic is functionally inert and all of the higher tier content has mana deflector ontop of higher mprot and prot (which reduces damage faster as well).
    Fast Fireballs, as the video shows will decimate early~midgame content like shadow missions as seen in the video in OP and I can confidently say I'll use a staff for one of my 3 ego slots when the revamp comes, likely an Engineer's enchanted S type Celtic Guardian Staff because 5,158 gold per point repairs eat a lot less SM spam profits than the 34k per point it takes on my axe to Full Swing (though it may end up being less effective without going all out and reforging+erg 50 like the staff used in the OP videos), but it certainly wont come out in favor of the axe in Tech Duinn, Phantasm, or likely any future content.

I'm happy the ego revamp is finally being done, and I'm excited for it to come to NA too. However being completely realistic about it, it doesn't fix magic, it wont fix alchemy, it's just another band-aid system piled on top of all of the other systems in the game none of which address the core problem with skills needing to be functionally changed and rebalanced. It feels like either the developers fear backlash for changing skills functionality directly, or the game's spaghetti code is preventing a real rebalancing from ever happening.
    On a positive note; Fighter has come out the real winner from this update, combined with the Ferocious Knuckles from g23 (NA renamed to Perseus for some reason), Fighter's been lacking in skill damage, suffering from having long skill animation times that leave you vulnerable, and massively long cooldowns that left you without a single skill to use aside from low damage basic melee due to knuckle max scaling. All that's changed with ego Ferocious Knuckles though, one of the ego bonuses makes Fighter animations go at double speed, on top of Ferocious Knuckles resetting all fighter cooldowns randomly and having a massive passive +35% combo mastery boost, combine all of that with knuckle erg boosting the skill base multipliers 100% at level 50 and giving a massive cooldown reduction for when the resets don't proc. Fighter will finally fulfill it's role as the uncontested king of single target damage with effectively zero aoe while not replacing your swords and axes for basic melee skills.

Ego knuckles demonstrated around 2:16 in this video for those who haven't seen it in action:
    Sherri
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    ABSOLUTE CARNAGE!! XD
    Oh, that's gonna be fuuuun...when it comes to our version...and I actually get to the point where I can have an ego weapon...
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    3rdy wrote: »

I thought magic was always meta...
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited August 3, 2019
    SlK4QFv.jpg

I should get started on erging my staff, to full take advantage of this for my elf. Yes I know its not a druid or red upped and has artisan but I made this thing when my elf was still a baby in 2016 and last reforged during 2017. ( has the mmo junkie app but thats about the most recent thing it was added to it)
    3rdy wrote: »

I thought magic was always meta...
    and not really, besides maybe firebolt spam. Magic is not meta at best its situational, like having to use fireball to clear out fishes in sidhe or situational nuking times by meteor. LR was interesting but soon revealed to not be as great while it was released and as updates to other styles came. and props for IS nuking in alban ( if you have reforges ) and thats about all the usefulness it has now but I could outdated in this info if anyone would want to correct me.
  • TedeyTedey
    Can i start upgrading my druid staff now for this update, or do i have to ego before i do any enchants/upgrades?
  • adfsdflglglgadfsdflglglg
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I'd say it's safe to start upgrading.
  • adfsdflglglgadfsdflglglg
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Does anyone have any links to other spirit weapon videos, like control bars?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Just search youtube.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Does anyone have any links to other spirit weapon videos, like control bars?

Control bar in Kraken Advance (it's called Hard in KR/JP, elite is called Very Hard):

Control bar in Avalon Purification Archelon:

Atlatl in Wizard Elite:

Atlatl (mostly) and 2 Handed Sword in MA:

2 Handed Sword in Avalon Purification Tagar:

Cylinder and Control Bar in Phantasm: