Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

is the paid name change soon

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
in General Chat
all the good names are getting taken :x the name i was hoping for was already taken

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    all the good names are getting taken :x the name i was hoping for was already taken

Extremely common names are obviously going to be taken near immediately.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Oof.
    But unfortunately, with first come, first serve, that tends to happen where ever you go.

I don't know what good paid name change would do if they cannot be duplicate.
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    were force to wait for the paid service while all the +names take the good names :< why cant it be like blizzard or discord where there a #0000
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    were force to wait for the paid service while all the +names take the good names :< why cant it be like blizzard or discord where there a #0000

Cause the whole idea of the name change is so that people don't need an annoying tag slapped onto their name.
    KageitoYummeiNishikiTiramisugoiSpareohSaiTreesSherriWolfsinger
  • AkirachuAkirachu

Cause the whole idea of the name change is so that people don't need an annoying tag slapped onto their name.

yea but there also ppl taking names with alt character so youll never see thoses characters and the name is wasted
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    so reports of ppl were able get name change even tho they didnt have +name in there name
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    so reports of ppl were able get name change even tho they didnt have +name in there name

Proof?
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Greta wrote: »

Proof?

This is official forums, that's not needed here.
    TreesPlatinaKoki
  • GretaGreta
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Proof?

A well as random claims which get blurted out without any proof.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 27, 2019

yea but there also ppl taking names with alt character so youll never see thoses characters and the name is wasted

If you are okay with #0000, then you will be okay with something like akirakazuma0000. It is within the current 16 char limit.
    TreesPan
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Sai wrote: »

If you are okay with #0000, then you will be okay with something like akirakazuma0000. It is within the current 16 char limit.

your name normal to others but when you try to add you need to add the hashtag and numbers
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 27, 2019

Proof?

We can't provide proof because that would reveal player's names, thus is not allowed on here because those players could become the targets of harassment. But I can testify that my guild has someone that managed to do it too. :(

I mean, what can be done about it? They are not going to go back and take the names away from these players. They are just going to leave it alone. It's not worth it to do anything.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Honestly, the game would be better if there was a system where every character gets it's own ID, visible if you hold 'Alt'.
    But I hiiiighly doubt that can be coded now. Old game.

Anyway, while I can see why everyone wants the name change coupon available, you're just gonna have to wait. At least you didn't get +Server'd.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »
    Honestly, the game would be better if there was a system where every character gets it's own ID, visible if you hold 'Alt'.
    But I hiiiighly doubt that can be coded now. Old game.

Anyway, while I can see why everyone wants the name change coupon available, you're just gonna have to wait. At least you didn't get +Server'd.

Yeah that's been said to death.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

I have to ask this: at any time did you originally own a character simply named "Akira"?
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »

Proof?

We can't provide proof because that would reveal player's names, thus is not allowed on here because those players could become the targets of harassment. But I can testify that my guild has someone that managed to do it too. :(

I mean, what can be done about it? They are not going to go back and take the names away from these players. They are just going to leave it alone. It's not worth it to do anything.

This is so not cool if it's true...
    I wan't to change my name too then.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Proof?

Was it a free coupon that showed up in your inventory? If so maybe it was transferable (via the bank?), so that a non-"+Server" could change their name?
  • AraeArae
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Proof?

A well as random claims which get blurted out without any proof.

its true~ i was able to pick my one character to the equivilent i had with a server tag. so my main got its name change and my alt with servertag still there
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 29, 2019

Proof?

It's true. We can't provide documentation, but it's true. Believe me we were flabbergasted as well. We can only assume it was an internal error. But so far I have only come across a few cases of this and honestly the few players I came across were just curious if they could get their names changed anyway and they were granted. For just a few random error cases I hardly would call for more special cases.

Either way though, people are reserving the names they want with alts. I don't condone this, but if there is a name you want and you have an alt account with a +Server name character or know who has them that can help you - well that's a way to go. Because what you can do is save a name on such an alt and then when you think it's safe to do so, delete the character. It takes 24-48 hours for a character name to be freed up on the system. Within that time frame it is a risk and a gamble, diligence and timing is key and recommended when the dust settles. Meaning people who are doing this are going to wait MONTHS even after the Name Change Coupons are released to change their names.

Basically this is what is happening on the grapevines. Many names have already been reserved/saved before the rest of the community has access to them.

For the record, I had one name I wanted. I was there fair and square when the form opened up 2 minutes before the designated time. I came and conquered. I was going to do the same and bury just the name Gaea but it was swiped within a couple minutes. There was inherently a huge operation going on, albeit the community or something else more devious. And...I won't be surprised if I hear about names coming up for $ale somewhere.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 29, 2019
    not
    soon
    enough