Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Monsters Disappearing?

stomei97stomei97
Mabinogi Rep: 875
in General Chat
I've been training skills and such the last few days, and I've been noticing random monsters poofing or, in some cases, every monster in the area being nuked. I had been training Crisis Escape in TNN and everything randomly disappeared. Last night I was getting the Black Scales for G23 on my giant and bears or worms kept randomly disappearing. I dunno, have other people been noticing this or am I just crazy? I'm on Alexina, if that helps at all.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Global warming.

Sorry, I have nothing useful to contribute to this.
    ShinfogiaSherripawcalypse
  • ZenduckZenduck
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    I'm on Nao and I've seen this occur twice. I was collecting pages from sheep in Avon and all the paper sheep and butterflies disappeared. And, later, while training Enthralling Performance in the southern fields of Tir Chonaill, all the wolves, sheep, and dogs disapppeared. I'm not sure what's causing it to happen.
    Should send this to the bugs/glitches section if more people say this is happening.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited June 27, 2019
    I had the ghosts outside Metus Canyon do that to me a couple days after the merge on Nao server. though I haven't seen them do it again since that day.

edit: just had it happen with the carnivorous plants in the reserve.
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    The server process that spawn and controls monsters runs independently, likely so monster AI's can't congest or crash channels along with it should there be issues, and with the ability to divide server load over multiple machines.
    pawcalypse
  • stomei97stomei97
    Mabinogi Rep: 875
    I'll post this in bugs and glitches as well!
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    eh. this isnt uncommon for alot of iria. alot of things are tied to being killed, so it also works in reverse when there not being killed like balrugs up near renes. never seen it happen in avon though.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I've noticed this too. In fact, such a purge robbed me of an Ancient kill recently. It's super annoying when you're hunting for rare drops or training skills.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 27, 2019
    I have also witnessed this too with the raccoons. You'll see one moving along and then suddenly it just poofs. No lag, just gone. O_o;;;

And then today I was doing a saga mission 7, I was playing as Cessair's Heart and the giants would not spawn. I think the name changes broke the game somehow. >_>;;;

There is definitely a stability issue here. Makes you wonder what else is going to go poof. >_<;;;
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I remember like a week ago I was hunting something.. heck, I forget what.. but when I hit it, it ran at me and just poof'd. tf
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    I've had it happen twice while farming for materials needed in g23. It was completely strange as I've never experienced in a the time I've played this game
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Nexon pulled a Thanos.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    :x Ive seen this happen before the merge...
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Same, this has been happening for years. But it was very rare. It's never happened to this extreme on NA servers. All the mobs disappeared on the EU servers a few months before they were announced to shut down, but I highly doubt the same thing is happening here since 1. We can still access dungeons and shadow missions and 2. MabiNA has staff to fix whatever is going on.
  • CapnReconCapnRecon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Currently trapped in a locked dungeon room in the Nao server, dungeon enemies despawned.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited July 3, 2019
    Started a run of Nowhere to Run Elite, zapped a couple of zombies, and suddenly everything despawned, including the Squire NPCs.

So glad I spent 285k on a Baltane Crystal and some Adventurer Seals on a Combat Exp Pot and a Baltane pass for nothing.

ᵂʰʸ ᵈⁱᵈ ᴵ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ˡᵒᵍ ⁱⁿ ᵗᵒᵈᵃʸ?
    Sherri
    Started a run of Nowhere to Run Elite, zapped a couple of zombies, and suddenly everything despawned, including the Squire NPCs.

So glad I spent 285k on a Baltane Crystal and some Adventurer Seals on a combat exp pot for nothing.

Ouch
    Let's see if the monsters end their strike
    Katherz wrote: »
    Mabinogi will have an unscheduled maintenance on Wednesday, July 3rd. During this time, connectivity to the game server will not be available. Maintenance is expected to begin at 12:45 PM PDT and last approximately 2 hours.

maintenance_590x165.jpg

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
    Wednesday, July 3rd
    Pacific (PDT, UTC-7): 12:45 PM - 2:45 PM
    Eastern (EDT, UTC-4): 3:45 PM - 5:45 PM
    Paris (CEST, UTC+2): 9:45 PM - 11:45 PM

To address the following:

• Issue where Mobs and Monsters despawn abnormally.

- The Mabinogi Team
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

So glad I spent 285k on a Baltane Crystal and some Adventurer Seals on a Combat Exp Pot and a Baltane pass for nothing.

File a ticket.
    Sherri
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590

File a ticket.

Eh, no point. It's not like the consumables can't be replaced. It's just a very annoying inconvenience.