Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Who is handling your news section, Nexon?

Comments

• SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    wait if it doesnt have 8x10 invent what does it have 5x5 ?

class action lawsuit if its less than 8x10 for false advertising ?
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    @Liyen
  • LiyenLiyen
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    edited January 25, 2017
    It's 6x10 like every other partner. And no, it's not worth a class action lawsuit, that would be stupid. And probably most likely fail, let alone any lawyer take it.
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    This has been driving me crazy as well. The worst they've done so far was their mistake with the Music Booster Pack. They had it listed that you get 25 2 hour potions. In reality, they were 10 minute potions. You get the equivalent of 4 out of the 25 advertised 2-hour potions. It's bad enough that most of the boosters give 7 days worth, and this was advertised as giving only 2 days worth. But in reality it was 250 minutes. And when I submitted a ticket, they didn't even give any sort of compensation. They instead just changed the announcement page about it, with no indication it was ever wrong.

WOW. As I'm typing this it got moved to Town Square and was merged with something from a month ago. Someone's covering their butt wow. I feel like someone should post this thread to the other media outlets (reddit, tumblr, etc) so word can actually get out about it, since obviously the GMs are just worried about keeping their jobs. Is it really that hard to post something correctly? Most companies people would have been fired after messing up over a dozen announcements.

Also here's the original announcement. I post the announcements on my guild's discord within an hour of them being posted each day, so I've got records of all their original posts, and as a result all of their mistakes. At this point they've got their own folder. :T

http://imgur.com/lIoNdDP
    http://imgur.com/AEAS4dY
    http://imgur.com/rL9WPpm
    Daktaro
  • LiyenLiyen
    EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyy we made it to the towns square.
    SylviaWolfeGreta
  • LiyenLiyen
    @Sabina Can I get a reason why this is not allowed to exist on general discussion? This is rather unfair.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 26, 2017
    @Liyen First two: whoever does translations for Mabi doesn't appear to have a past localization names list and pushes out what they translate to web/whoever publishes the posts. 90% of the time it's just a synonym change, but it's kinda annoying still.
    William thing: Ok holy crap that's actually valid. I never thought I'd live to see a universally valid reason to be angry at a webpost here.

I love when chrome doesn't refresh properly and I see that an entire page has happened since the post I was referencing happened.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    They ninja moved this thread to Town Square and also merged in some random comments in it. Nexon loool... That's so ridiculous. They are obviously trying to hide it as much as they can so less people can see it.
  • LiyenLiyen
    edited January 27, 2017
    What is the Town Square for anyways? I've been looking around and trying to find some concrete answers but there are none.
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 28, 2017
    Town Square is supposed to be place where people can chat about random stuff. I don't know why they moved away this thread because we are obviously talking about Nexon and their work at Mabinogi website, which is supposed to be in General Chat...
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Liyen wrote: »
    What is the Town Square for anyways? I've been looking around and trying to find some concrete answers but there are none.

Things about the forums and the site go to Townsquare since General is just for in game stuff.
    MissFortuneKorore
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    aw.. they must have changed it in the new forums :c
    RmN0MOy.png
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Daktaro wrote: »
    aw.. they must have changed it in the new forums :c
    RmN0MOy.png

It's always been like this. They moved anything related to the forums and most things about the main site to Town Square in the old forums.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Buffalos wrote: »
    It's always been like this. They moved anything related to the forums and most things about the main site to Town Square in the old forums.
    asides from the one about the new forums lol. and theres more than one thread about karma coin in the first few pages even which is technically not in-game stuff but more to do with the site and web store. they were about karma coin itself and how it works rather than mabinogi products you can buy with it. if you relate karma coin directly to in-game then shouldn't the content of mabinogi announcements also relate directly to in-game? what is written in announcements can directly affect how people play.

i see where you're coming from and know it's not a huge deal and so i won't keep fighting it or anything but, it's a lil bit frustrating since nowhere in general says it's only for specifically in-game stuff and not simply any general topic relating to mabinogi. which the mabinogi forums and mabinogi section of nexon's website with news about things going on in-game definitely relate to mabinogi. the old label reflects this, "everything and anything mabinogi".
    town square used to be labeled as "the off-topic hang out spot" which implies it's more to do with stuff unrelated to the game. like you can post stuff about mabi there if you want but if you post stuff completely unrelated but within TOS it won't get deleted or moved.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 29, 2017
    Exactly, i thought like this too. This thread is 100% related about Mabinogi news and events and how they are being explained and translated in there. So why move it here? Like i said before, they are probably trying to hide it. Can't find any other logical explanation.
    DaktaroCarlize
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Greta wrote: »
    Like i said before, they are probably trying to hide it. Can't find any other logical explanation.

I mean a Multi-Forum-Moderator just told you that they move stuff related to the main site to the Town Square, but you can choose to believe that if that makes you feel better. Does that practice help this case? No not really, but that's the rules the CM/whoever is above them set for the forums: main site discussions get put to Town Square. Stop trying to make everything a conspiracy.
    MissFortune