Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

hardest part of g23 is basically RNG

MrKaisirMrKaisir
Mabinogi Rep: 975
in General Chat
You literally need RNG God by your side to do some of these quest. k enough post of g23 bye o/
Goldtiger01

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It's still nothing compared to the City Flood Relief quest.. it's nearly impossible for me..
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    TBH the person who designed this generation needs to be let go..

The entire generation all dependent on RNG, and because of that, it's grindy. City Flood Relief (the last quest of part 1) is definitely the most prime reason as to why this is the case. Right behind that, the animal-part-collection quests are definitely the second most RNG-dependent part of the generation. I'm hoping at the very least that City Flood Relief will recieve a change, or that it won't be required to continue on to part 2. But time will tell.
    TwistedxFate
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited June 25, 2019
    Honestly I just hate how hard it is to get those relic pieces, fished 5 hours with the item fishing rod and only got around 15 pieces, to get 30 a day would drive me to insanity.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 25, 2019

The entire generation all dependent on RNG, and because of that, it's grindy. City Flood Relief (the last quest of part 1) is definitely the most prime reason as to why this is the case. Right behind that, the animal-part-collection quests are definitely the second most RNG-dependent part of the generation. I'm hoping at the very least that City Flood Relief will recieve a change, or that it won't be required to continue on to part 2. But time will tell.

The thread I made about this quest, after seeing all the info people gathered I am like 90% sure its a side quest and hopefully not needed to progress g23. ( need to start gathering 100 leathers a day just incase theres more and/or its needed to progress)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Veylaine wrote: »

The thread I made about this quest, after seeing all the info people gathered I am like 90% sure its a side quest and hopefully not needed to progress g23. ( need to start gathering 100 leathers a day just incase theres more and/or its needed to progress)

The quest only says 500 (which is much easier than the 5000 you need if you want to get some good rewards as a result)
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited June 25, 2019
    Veylaine wrote: »

The quest only says 500 (which is much easier than the 5000 you need if you want to get some good rewards as a result)

that it does its doable which is why eventually ill do it but I don't like silk rng and the relic rng seems to be wonky. So im just gonna coast with leathers hopefully this is just a sidequest. ( since my elf is doing it, haven't started g23 on my giant yet)
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    I don't get why everybody's complaining.

I'm starting to hate this culture of instant gratification, thinking that you should be able to finish a generation in 6 hours...

Remember the days of G1,2,3? Yeah, those literally took weeks to do, and nobody complained. Even if you have the worst RNG, you're going to finish g23 faster than g1 at it's time. Heck, if somebody from g1 times could time travel to our time, they would laugh at how pathetically easy and fast these new generations are...

GretaXafnirImaizumiDraech
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    @Donk3y I don't remember the earlier generations to be so RNG dependent. If it takes someone weeks to finish a generation that's more likely because their character isn't strong enough -- which is a controllable variable which is alright because you can be proactive about it. RNG on the other hand, if it wants to screw you over, it screws. you. over. just because.

THICCthighssavelives
  • AshitaAshita
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    Before they had Revamped the earlier Generations to be so easy to complete. You had G2 Ideals, which was pain to complete. You had to find an In-game Character that matched the Ideals of 3 Npcs per Town, where as now its only 1 per town. Finding Price/Redire was annoying when a Price Tracker wasn't Available. Ceo Island Moongate Rng. Moon gates were not Open 24/7 and they were random between 2 locations from 6pm to 6am in game time. Back then, some Generation quest took 1 in-game day just to obtain, now its Instant.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    roastedpig wrote: »
    @Donk3y I don't remember the earlier generations to be so RNG dependent. If it takes someone weeks to finish a generation that's more likely because their character isn't strong enough -- which is a controllable variable which is alright because you can be proactive about it. RNG on the other hand, if it wants to screw you over, it screws. you. over. just because.

No, early generations didn't rely as much on RNG, that's true, but these generations with the RNG reliance are FASTER to complete than G1,2,3 at their time.

I did most of g23 in ~10 hours, while watching youtube on the side (so not really focusing too much on the game).

Honestly though you had less control over the variables in g1,2,3 than you do now for the RNG parts (you can always have friends to help you farm...). For example, if the ideals weren't online, you'd be effed out of luck lol. If you missed a moongate to ceo island, well, you might as well start doing something else, because the ceo moongate only appeared like 3 times a day. You got to the black fomor pass part on a sunday? Well, you have to wait until saturday for the tnn gate to open.
    Besides, for it's time, g3 had one of the most rng dependent parts of the whole game (even more rng dependent than g23 lol). I'm of course talking of baol infiltration, which at the time when those things could murder you in half a second if you hit the wrong orb, and you could barely fight them if you were endgame at the time. And there were no elves at that point, and no support puppets to tell you which orb to hit.

It really doesn't matter how you look at it, early generations WERE harder to complete. While people whine that g23 takes them 4 more hours because of bad rng, it doesn't take you 1 more week because you missed the tnn wave, or an arbitrary amount of time because you can't find an ideal (or don't have the dosh to pay somebody).

Like seriously, even when C3 came out, nobody expected to finish the generations in less than a week, and they certainly didn't complain about it taking "too long".

So exactly what the heck changed?

Welp, I answered that with my previous comment: it's the instant gratification culture.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited June 25, 2019
    @Donk3y Well, probably it's also a difference in perspective? I mean, I got frustrated with those things you mentioned, but I kinda enjoyed doing them too? The imposed constraints are kinda like challenges, I dunno (Baol Infiltration was really fun to do). Their constraints made more sense than running a dungeon over and over again hoping for an item to drop.

G23 Part 1 was nice and I honestly appreciate how long it was. The RNG based factors tho (the longa dungeon for me personally), those were not fun at all. They were brain numbing and tedious. I think that's the main reason why people are more vocal crying foul over this generation more than it taking too long to be completed.

Also, for some, they also think about the time given to complete it for the event rewards.

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Donk3y wrote: »

I'm starting to hate this culture of instant gratification, thinking that you should be able to finish a generation in 6 hours...

Remember the days of G1,2,3? Yeah, those literally took weeks to do, and nobody complained. Even if you have the worst RNG, you're going to finish g23 faster than g1 at it's time. Heck, if somebody from g1 times could time travel to our time, they would laugh at how pathetically easy and fast these new generations are...

are you on about? everyone conplained about that back in the day

and no ones conplaining about the lack of 'instant gratification' there conplaining about how much tedious busy work is in this gen
    THICCthighssavelives
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    3rdy wrote: »

are you on about? everyone conplained about that back in the day

and no ones conplaining about the lack of 'instant gratification' there conplaining about how much tedious busy work is in this gen

Obvious new player. Nobody complained back then.
    AlexisEUXafnir
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 27, 2019
    I was blessed by RNGesus. For once.

Now for those Strange Relics... Only 4 within 150 bait.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Got 7 Relics with 300 bait. Pretty ok rate.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Gens take 6 months between each release but people expect to do them in 6 hours, and then two weeks later they complain that "there's nothing to do on Mabi".
    Donk3yGretaDraechXafnir
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Eralea wrote: »
    Gens take 6 months between each release but people expect to do them in 6 hours, and then two weeks later they complain that "there's nothing to do on Mabi".

This.
    I bet the irony will be lost on some :D
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Eralea wrote: »

I wouldn't say everyone would though some would, I like to do these gens for the story mostly and not really content (theres always content to do, just that some people aren't entertained as easily but that is their problem). Nice to see jarlath return, too bad they used the same g12 portrait and model but at least for the brief time he was here they let him have a pretty decent quote.
    b4IPJfI.png
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Pfff I know, I've been stuck on G12 for months now. I'm just stressed because all these Event quests for G23 are so rushed. Like we need to unlock technique cards within such a short amount of time, we need to stress over getting relics, common silk and common leather/straps.. Honestly, I wish these event quests were similar to what we got before, like the 'Get Ninja Skill/Divine Skill to Rank A'. We could get it done on our own time.
    roastedpig wrote: »

Also, for some, they also think about the time given to complete it for the event rewards.
    ^^^
    This is exactly what I'm worrying over. Yeah, I don't need some of the rewards, but why should I have to feel left out because RNG isn't on my side or I'm not 'strong' enough? *cough* Dampen Shock 150 base def, I can barely reach 100 *cough*
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited June 28, 2019
    RNG bottlenecks are the only method the devs could think of to slow down very strong players (which are the target audience for these late-game generations). How do you slow down end-game players for about a month?

How about a quest that has huge wait times based on existing content? Something like... a quest to give Rua's brother a Make-A-Wish Foundation experience. You have to rent out Festia so he can enjoy it all alongside the baltane squires, then treat him to a home-cooked dinner of his 10 favorite foods with Rua in your homestead mansion and then have Pencast read him his last rites.

This sounds easy enough, but it indirectly requires:
    - Rua sidequest completion
    - Good standing with all baltane squires
    - About 80 festia VIP passes
    - Mastery of all Festia attractions to impress your guest.
    - Homestead mansion and housing lease.
    - High ranked cooking and rank 1 catering.
    - Top quality player-made wine aged for many days used to bribe Pencast.
    - 9x9 squares of homestead space for the cenotaph.
    - Amulet of soul-trapping to transfer the boy's soul into an existing level 30+ ego weapon.

At the end you get to fight Rua, who has every player skill, access to recovery items, and cloud-backed machine learning AI.
    Sherriroastedpig