Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This picture puzzle :/

ShakayaShakaya
Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
in General Chat
Why does devcat think this is a fun thing to add to a generation?

I'm just mind-numbingly pushing these picture pieces around and hoping they'll eventually go into the place they're supposed to be.

Did they fire the people that made G19~G21? Because this new chapter is so boring compared to it. G22 wasn't that bad but the story isn't as great, G23's puzzles at the very beginning keep me from progressing, and I've heard people talking about how much of a grind fest the rest of this gen is.

I really just don't understand someone who thinks forcing your players to work on a picture puzzle all day long is a good idea. And they're shuffled every single time rather than starting out in the same place so people can't even make a gif of the solution to help others...

If I wanted a puzzle I'd buy one of those puzzle boxes with 1000 pieces. This is not what I play Mabinogi for.

Comments

• Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    It's a freaking 3x3 puzzle dude... Even if you blindly click, you'll finish it in less than 10 minutes...

I mean honestly, no offense, but if THAT puzzle is giving you trouble, you should honestly do something about that...
    DragoolfireTHICCthighssavelives
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Sorry for not spending my life playing with Rubik's Cubes
    Goldtiger01
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 28, 2019
    I'm really terrible with Sliding Puzzles myself, but SOMEHOW i was lucky enough and did put in place 6 pieces in needed places within a minute. The last 3 or so pieces i tried to just shuffle blindly at first, but it didn't seem to work out so i used a little brain in there. I think it took me like 8 minutes...
    G23 is indeed grindy, but i didn't mind because all of them were possible. You just need to stop being lazy and that is all.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    I'm not gonna mind the grind if I can ever get past this puzzle. I'm just disappointed in this chapter because after the G19~G21 chapter being such an amazing story with characters that were really fun to talk to, we just get a bunch of boring thrown at us.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Just gotta keep at it.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Shakaya wrote: »
    I'm not gonna mind the grind if I can ever get past this puzzle. I'm just disappointed in this chapter because after the G19~G21 chapter being such an amazing story with characters that were really fun to talk to, we just get a bunch of boring thrown at us.

No, sorry but I disagree. You know a generation that actually had a really hard puzzle? It took me dozens of tries on NA to do it, but I kept going on.
    The G8 fossil restoration.

This is like baby steps compared to that >_>
    we just get a bunch of boring thrown at us

You literally just admitted that you didn't get past that... How can you have any clue what this generation is going to throw at you?
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 28, 2019
    LOL.

*is stuck at beginning of G23*

"These characters are boring and this generation is terrible!"
  • ShakayaShakaya
    edited June 28, 2019
    I meant in G22, I was not impressed with the story. owo
    I was talking about the chapter as a whole.

And I would much rather do the fossil restoration again than this puzzle.
  • GretaGreta
    Honestly, i think i prefer this newest generation's characters over the Alban Knight ones (except Llywelyn, my husbando who had least screen time there).
    SherriPlatinaKoki
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

To summarize: solve tiles 1,2,3 first, then 4 and 7, then the rest.

While searching this, I saw that runescape has had 5x5 puzzles for years! I just mention it because I know of one person who loves it when I compare mabi with runescape.
    Shakaya
  • ShakayaShakaya

While searching this, I saw that runescape has had 5x5 puzzles for years! I just mention it because I know of one person who loves it when I compare mabi with runescape.

This is really helpful, thank you! It seems like 2 is the slide that's missing though, and not slide 9.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I managed this puzzle in 5 minutes instead of 10 wooo...

I like the story of this Generation so far some annoying moments to deal with while this puzzle not as hard as i would think it be.

At least my friend told me your totally babied and brain dead if you can't solve this puzzle. Glad I prove myself to not be what he said lol
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Oh I actually figured it out by putting slide 5 where 2 would have been when following that video strategy. Thanks again THICCthighssavelives~

And Alshian, if you're friends with someone that likes to insult people based on whether or not they enjoy puzzles, it sounds like you need better friends.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I honestly thought I'd be bad at it too.. but I got it done relatively quickly.
    My friend said it took her 15 minutes but I seemed to take like 6?
    I found it kind of fun too.
  • GretaGreta
    It is kinda rude to say such things like someone is brain dead for not being able to solve any kind of puzzle. Let's remember that some people have talents in one thing and at the same time they might be horrible and untalented in other ones. As example, i incredibly suck with jumping ropes, but i'm quite good with hula hoops. We are all different and it's totally okay.
    SherriWolfsingerPlatinaKokiCrimsọnRaishiiShakayaNomnomnoms
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited June 28, 2019
    Oookay I finally took the time to read everything cuz' I was busy at the time of my last comment.. yikes
    Greta wrote: »
    It is kinda rude to say such things like someone is brain dead for not being able to solve any kind of puzzle. Let's remember that some people have talents in one thing and at the same time they might be horrible and untalented in other ones. As example, i incredibly suck with jumping ropes, but i'm quite good with hula hoops. We are all different and it's totally okay.

^^^ This!
    Honestly, the match making game was the hardest for me.. mostly cuz' it took a freaking year for the cards to actually flip back over.. but many would say that part was easy for them.
    But that doesn't make me or anyone else who had problems with this 'brain dead' at all..
    Honestly, i think i prefer this newest generation's characters over the Alban Knight ones (except Llywelyn, my husbando who had least screen time there).

I see you are a person of culture as well. I'm really glad he was around in G22/G23 though ♥
    GretaShakaya
  • ShakayaShakaya
    I'm not a fan of Llywelyn. He had the least character development and was just tagged on at the end. He also kept interrupting my alone time with Altam. =w=;

I think all the other main characters in the Divine Knights chapter had the best character progression out of any other NPC in the whole game.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 28, 2019

MY FRIEND DID THE SAME THING.

He said Mabi reminded him of Runescape, and he's the one that got me into Mabi.

I DON'T SEE THE RESEMBLANCE!
    Shakaya wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Llywelyn. He had the least character development and was just tagged on at the end. He also kept interrupting my alone time with Altam. =w=;

I think all the other main characters in the Divine Knights chapter had the best character progression out of any other NPC in the whole game.

First off, I have a bromance with Llywelyn.

Second, I actually enjoy this Chapter. Definitely has a darker feel than the past ones.
    Sherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I love this generation, It had...like an old school feel to it. Sliding puzzles for me are something I am not good at. Now that memory game is more where I shined. I loved it.
    PlatinaKokiGreta
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590

Yeah, but he's getting more in these gens so far. which is cool