Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

hardest part of g23 is basically RNG

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I remember g2 ideals.
    And having to wait till Saturday to get to TNN and waiting for the moon gate to CEO Island.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    RNG bottlenecks are the only method the devs could think of to slow down very strong players (which are the target audience for these late-game generations). How do you slow down end-game players for about a month?

How about a quest that has huge wait times based on existing content? Something like... a quest to give Rua's brother a Make-A-Wish Foundation experience. You have to rent out Festia so he can enjoy it all alongside the baltane squires, then treat him to a home-cooked dinner of his 10 favorite foods with Rua in your homestead mansion and then have Pencast read him his last rites.

This sounds easy enough, but it indirectly requires:
    - Rua sidequest completion
    - Good standing with all baltane squires
    - About 80 festia VIP passes
    - Mastery of all Festia attractions to impress your guest.
    - Homestead mansion and housing lease.
    - High ranked cooking and rank 1 catering.
    - Top quality player-made wine aged for many days used to bribe Pencast.
    - 9x9 squares of homestead space for the cenotaph.
    - Amulet of soul-trapping to transfer the boy's soul into an existing level 30+ ego weapon.

At the end you get to fight Rua, who has every player skill, access to recovery items, and cloud-backed machine learning AI.

Part II

After Rua calms the hecc down, you have a choice on how to resurrect the boy.

"Good" method:
    - Craft a signed masterwork puppet with carpentry. At this point you can customize the puppet with clothes (any gear you wish) and facial features.
    - Animate the puppet by transferring his soul into it. The ritual is performed in the shadow realm version of Emain Macha.
    - You play through a few RP missions as the puppet-boy in his quest to prove himself honest, brave, and unselfish.
    - He becomes a real boy and everyone lives happily ever after.

"Bad" method:
    - Give the boy's soul a new vessel. Riocard seems like the perfect fit.
    - Do bad stuff.
    - Everyone lives happily ever after. (except Riocard)
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    RNG bottlenecks are the only method the devs could think of to slow down very strong players (which are the target audience for these late-game generations). How do you slow down end-game players for about a month?

How about a quest that has huge wait times based on existing content? Something like... a quest to give Rua's brother a Make-A-Wish Foundation experience. You have to rent out Festia so he can enjoy it all alongside the baltane squires, then treat him to a home-cooked dinner of his 10 favorite foods with Rua in your homestead mansion and then have Pencast read him his last rites.

This sounds easy enough, but it indirectly requires:
    - Rua sidequest completion
    - Good standing with all baltane squires
    - About 80 festia VIP passes
    - Mastery of all Festia attractions to impress your guest.
    - Homestead mansion and housing lease.
    - High ranked cooking and rank 1 catering.
    - Top quality player-made wine aged for many days used to bribe Pencast.
    - 9x9 squares of homestead space for the cenotaph.
    - Amulet of soul-trapping to transfer the boy's soul into an existing level 30+ ego weapon.

At the end you get to fight Rua, who has every player skill, access to recovery items, and cloud-backed machine learning AI.

If they were that concerned with prolonging new generations, they'd just do what Saga already did; release parts of the generation on a weekly basis.
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited June 29, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »
    I don't get why everybody's complaining.

I'm starting to hate this culture of instant gratification, thinking that you should be able to finish a generation in 6 hours...

Remember the days of G1,2,3? Yeah, those literally took weeks to do, and nobody complained. Even if you have the worst RNG, you're going to finish g23 faster than g1 at it's time. Heck, if somebody from g1 times could time travel to our time, they would laugh at how pathetically easy and fast these new generations are...

I complained. Everyone I brought up their opinion on it directly to, complained. Those gens were pretty bad and got nerfed for a reason. Asinine, and tedious the lot of them.
    But I would actually rather them to the immense stalling that this gen uses to keep itself present. This is an entire game with a hell of a lot of content, for the task of choice being to go punch buffalo for two hours. It's not that the gen isn't over instantly, and I think if you used any intellectual honesty you would admit that. The methods they use are extreme, boring and frustrating by design (buffalo) heavily reliant on rng, and genuinely feel like a sleight from the developers. It's not like this was inevitable, it could have been made better or some other way. One could suck it up and have an awful time doing the gen, but at the same time, don't expect no one to have something to say about the devs who put them through it in the first place.
    Sherri
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    I complained. Everyone I brought up their opinion on it directly to, complained. Those gens were pretty bad and got nerfed for a reason. Asinine, and tedious the lot of them.
    But I would actually rather them to the immense stalling that this gen uses to keep itself present. This is an entire game with a hell of a lot of content, for the task of choice being to go punch buffalo for two hours. It's not that the gen isn't over instantly, and I think if you used any intellectual honesty you would admit that. The methods they use are extreme, boring and frustrating by design (buffalo) heavily reliant on rng, and genuinely feel like a sleight from the developers. It's not like this was inevitable, it could have been made better or some other way. One could suck it up and have an awful time doing the gen, but at the same time, don't expect no one to have something to say about the devs who put them through it in the first place.

Doubt it. Did you play through them in the last 4 years, or 10 years ago when, and this is important: G1,2,3 were fresh.
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited June 29, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »

Doubt it. Did you play through them in the last 4 years, or 10 years ago when, and this is important: G1,2,3 were fresh.

10 years ago. Lol. Even at that point I had way better experiences in gaming than "Locate a red haired 10 year old female" for some dude's ideals. So obviously by that point doing such a task in G2, I would be annoyed or unimpressed.
    Like, there are better experiences throughout gaming than filler busywork (and the player can tell when a task is just that), and even within this very game. Just doing dungeons or missions would be far better, and I knew that even back then.

But thanks for the vote of confidence I suppose.

I suppose I may just have an issue for not wanting to punch buffalo when sm/tech/phant/alban/field mobs that arent freaking buffalo exist.
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    edited July 1, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I remember g2 ideals.
    And having to wait till Saturday to get to TNN and waiting for the moon gate to CEO Island.

Rather have this than RNG mechanics, at the very least there's no illusion of success shadowed by possibility of failure, you at least know when and where to do your quest.

Then again this is devCat and the quest marker might be borked and giving you GPS coordinates to somehow glitch out of the game and into another MMO.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    I suppose I may just have an issue for not wanting to punch buffalo when sm/tech/phant/alban/field mobs that arent freaking buffalo exist.

You're a horrible person for not wanting to punch buffalos! >:-(
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    adapt, improve, overcome
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    "Adapt to month of fishing RNG by [Removed]."
  • XadenXaden
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    idk I got through g23 fairly easily, But i have years worth of mats and random stuff saved up in my bank.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Qnaug wrote: »
    adapt, improve, overcome
    weren't you the guy that made the deleted threads that g23 was an STD?