Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Baltane Knights instant mission cost

SavanteSavante
Mabinogi Rep: 970
in General Chat
So I considered that instead of waiting the usual 11 hours for a paltry amount of 18 seals, I thought about using the "Instant" option so I could immediately complete the mission much quicker. However, the cost to complete the mission seems quite too hefty for one mission. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it states that i need 629 Pons in order to complete it. Which is roughly an amount of 63 dollars just for one mission which is absolutely outrageous! Could someone please tell me that this may be some sort of typo? I refuse to believe that Nexon would expect their players to pay an insane amount just for one mission that would require you to do it 1000x more for the materials, even by Nexon's own pay to win standards.
GretaErydanosClovis15

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited January 29, 2017
    I remember people talking about this awhile ago. It's because the cost to instantly complete a mission is something around 1 pon per minute.

The price is still terrible, though.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's because the price was never changed from KR Mabi.

For KR, their Pon costs are higher than ours, because their purchases are more pons for the same amount of money.

For example, 10,000 NX gets us 100 pons (well, 9k actually)
    Over in KR 10,000 NX gets them 12,000 pons.

As a tradeoff, their pon costs are ~10x higher than ours in most cases.

So 1 pon per minute is a lot more manageable for their pon system.
    ErydanosClovis15BuffalosImaizumi
  • SavanteSavante
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    Iyasenu wrote: »

For KR, their Pon costs are higher than ours, because their purchases are more pons for the same amount of money.

If that were the case, then shouldn't it be up to Nexon NA team to regulate the cost of the instant mission option to a reasonable amount that caters to usual flow of Pons that NA players receive when purchased? If that doesn't work, then why not just change it all to how KR's Pon system is managed entirely?
    Clovis15Iyasenu
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Savante wrote: »
    If that were the case, then shouldn't it be up to Nexon NA team to regulate the cost of the instant mission option to a reasonable amount that caters to usual flow of Pons that NA players receive when purchased? If that doesn't work, then why not just change it all to how KR's Pon system is managed entirely?

I think they'd need to have Korea make the squire completion cost change for them, but I must say that if they pushed all of our pon costs up to what the Koreans are using (while multiplying current pon wallets by a matching factor) would probably be the best solution to this.
    IyasenuClovis15
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited January 30, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »

More like we should have KR bump up the amount of pon we get for nx... seriously, 12k pon for only $10... What the heck? Now I get Conversion rates, but still...

And that quote was more for referencing my point than an actual quote.

On another note... pon costs ~10x... ouch, & I thought the 39 pon we have to pay to stay or rebirth into an ace talent was pricey... they pay 390 pon... Major ouch...
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited January 30, 2017
    Frahaleah wrote: »
    On another note... pon costs ~10x... ouch, & I thought the 39 pon we have to pay to stay or rebirth into an ace talent was pricey... they pay 390 pon... Major ouch...

Actually, 39 pons to rebirth into in Ace talent is cheaper than having to buy the character card.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I'd imagine it just got overlooked.