Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Skill Revamp Poll

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Yes. Add another skill chain to Fighter. Make it to where Tumble makes you invincible for the duration of the animation instead of only working after you have moved back. Do something to make Fighter worth using again.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I think we need more new Hidden skills and Hybrid talent titles. They didn't make any new ones since Puppetry update, which is sad.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Greta
    Greta said:

I think we need more new Hidden skills and Hybrid talent titles. They didn't make any new ones since Puppetry update, which is sad.
    I think Hidden skills are a gimmick. They should just move the skills to a respective talent and call it a day.
    Or make them proper hybrids.

Example: Shadow Clones should be a Hybrid Combat/Ninja skill. In which you could use with melee weapons or Shuriken. And maybe has a different flavor depending which weapon you use.
    Chain: Counter Punch Should be the same situation for Fighter/Combat as above.

Shockwave, Beserker, Spidershot should just be tossed to Magic/Combat/Range respectively.

Potion Lore should just be a life skill or they can have it affect outcomes in things in alchemy.

TL;DR - Get rid of hidden talents. If they want to keep the concept make them Hybrid skills that work with only with the talents they are hybriding.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Honestly...I choose hidden purely on the basis that I forgot they existed until I saw the poll...
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Meridis wrote: »
    Honestly...I choose hidden purely on the basis that I forgot they existed until I saw the poll...
    Yeah, to be honest those skills get so easily forgotten that they might need to have a use in production skills in order for players to make the most out of them. We already have Potion Lore for just using potions, so maybe something related to quick production in mass quantities for production skills rather than utilizing the old button mechanic. Perhaps this new Hidden skill would even add additional effects or raise the success rate. This way production players can aim in improving their crafting ranks to regain the ability to quickly craft objects and decide if playing the minigames to gain additional stats is better than just quickly crafting a large amount of standard quality stock. That being said, production skills without minigames would need to have one in order to maintain a "Fantasy Life" aspect, and many players would be upset that their shops would take more time to build. However, by adding additional bonuses to crafted potions such as a small boost similar to cooking, except in recovery speed, additional regeneration, or a bonus to movement speed we can make players begin to see life skills as even more worth ranking up and interesting again.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd like more hidden skills.
    And more hidden talents.
    c:
    Greta
  • JoejonasJoejonas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    I wouldn't mind an archery update :( some new ranged skills would be nice
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited January 28, 2017
    Human archery is dead...

it's like when you start aiming on a target, it's already dead so you can't even shoot a single arrow/bolt while you are in party. But then again, Alchemy, Fighter, Axe/Blunts, are way more dead.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    It looks like the main focus of offensive skill creation was on Magic. All of the other ones seem lacking.
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited January 29, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    But then again, Alchemy, Fighter, Axe/Blunts, are way more dead.

I know not much were done for Alchemy but Vates was introduced which gave some/few alchemy-related skills (idk if anything changed stat wise), Axe/Blunt had some changes ( some effects when smashing) during combat renovation (at least that's something not forgotten).
    I have yet seen any fighter related at all.

BUUUT I would like to see something done about axe/blunts for elves.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited January 29, 2017
    Frahaleah wrote: »
    Dual Gun here. Personally would like to see a 'desperado' style aoe attack, like the two guns held straight out at full arms length, one on the left point off from the player's left side, same with the gun in the right hand just aimed to the right, and have the player spin in a circle while firing. <br />
    <br />
    youtube.com/watch?v=GnD8ytlMDYI<br />
    Basically just look up Phantasy Star Portable 2 opening. then go to 0:34

In short, you want Shooting Rush and Bullet Storm as a single skill, but used like Windmill... yeah, I could support that as a skill. As a whole, the Dual Gun Skillset was a nice novelty, but it has no true role. If the entire skillset was redone to support a more AoE focused play style with all of its skills, it'd give the skillset a role in AoE Crowd Control

• IzzyKuroNekoIzzyKuroNeko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Generally speaking all we have now is sit and wait, why? Renovation is not over.

I have noticed the renovations Korea's been doing are all in order according to how they came out (combat-talents speaking), Close Combat-Magic-Archery, MusicQ was the music renovation and to finish it up I guess that's Dance of Death's purpose. So next must be alchemy-fighter-puppeteering-guns (don't think they'll want to do more to ninja? Who knows, but I AM waiting what changes would be brought to puppeteering myself).

So the highlight of my post is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LYMILARK DO SOMETHING ABOUT LIFE SKILLS!!!
    Though I have to say that one of the prizes in Samhain being a box with a pattern and the pattern from destruction in the dungeons is something at least.. But not enough.

The efforts of all crafters go to waste when the items you can craft get thrown into gacha thoughtlessly, big slap to the face with even pre-reforge ranks. So why go to a blacksmith or a tailor when you can buy it from the nearest shop and buy a better version?
    Not just that but old patterns that can't be acquired anywhere else because they were from a gacha. This subjects been touched many times before by players and it's something that really discourages us.

I do have to say the biggest highlight about cooking now is Catering but well for the fun of it uncap the skill there's plenty of material, heck go to Gordon Ramsay if you need to.

please-gordon-ramsay-gif.gif

Potion making. Make it easier to get clovers for more high numbered potions so you don't have to hand them out constantly and LF> 500s not just event exclusive.
    Adventure I believe something could be done about it too.
    Many changes could be done and we need more new patterns, revamp or throw out all the graphically outdated items, make it frigging meaningful, worthwhile, with this I want to say...

#BringLifeSkillsbacktoLife.
    [/endofrant]
    BuellaCarlizeNilremXiokunAlmostNotsuper
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Uncap campfire, composing, cooking, evasion, first aid, mana shield, meditation, musical knowledge and rest. IMO These skills should have been uncapped at their respective renovation updates, though cooking would be an exception because of the need to add content when the focus was to change. Either way, skills from the games conception are still capped and that fact alone seriously bugs me.
    SylviaWolfe
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I demand tailoring and blacksmithing to be revamped. My biggest gripes;

1. Stop bringing it up in those super duper "the entire server has to work together to make ONE pair of boots that look 'okay' but have to be worth 10000m because its the only boots in the server" or something. Make 10,000 patterns with most of the materials being ALREADY HERE or a couple that are rare. Better yet. Just make 100 new ones and fix all the old ones to make them look decent!

2. Fix the training requirements. Enough said.

3. GIANT LIVES MATTER. LET US WEAR STUFF WE TAILOR AND BLACKSMITH! D:<

(I still appreciate my buffalo chicken wings doe mabi.)
    IzzyKuroNekoKokoroBlissfulkillSylviaWolfe
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    86 votes here compared to the Most Desired Revamp poll, sheesh. I know there's plenty of skills categories to revamp but still.
    Xiokun wrote: »

1) Yes, community recipes never really work out. Ever. Also, I'd love to see old recipes return and support player blacksmiths more.
    2) Yeah, training requirements across the board definitely need to be revised.
    3) More race exclusive recipes would be nice, unless we get unique unisex and multirace recipes when we get that Racial Revamp allowing us to freely switch race. (Not that I'm counting on the KR devs reading my threads.)
    4) Those buffalo wings were funny, but uh... yeah. Not much else to that if you're a bored veteran player.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited February 26, 2017
    Props to the community for 95/100 votes, hopefully even if old skills doesn't win the Most Desired Revamp Poll, the devs will release some fun stuff after their current teaser completes testing on the KR test server.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Oh, right almost forgot. Anyone with reasons why specific old skills should be revamped, make sure to post it here. Otherwise, it's beginning to like like Nexon NA is going to have to tell Nexon KR that life skills just aren't up to par with in depth fantasy life...for some reason.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Xiokun wrote: »

1. Stop bringing it up in those super duper "the entire server has to work together to make ONE pair of boots that look 'okay' but have to be worth 10000m because its the only boots in the server" or something. Make 10,000 patterns with most of the materials being ALREADY HERE or a couple that are rare. Better yet. Just make 100 new ones and fix all the old ones to make them look decent!

2. Fix the training requirements. Enough said.

3. GIANT LIVES MATTER. LET US WEAR STUFF WE TAILOR AND BLACKSMITH! D:<

Yeah, the higher rank requirements for Blacksmithing are ridiculous. I haven't gotten to the higher ranks of Tailoring, but I can only imagine how annoying they must be.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    *This quote was added in from Most Desired Revamp Poll to further the discussion in a topic separation.
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    I know it's probably not going to happen but I'd like to see a change, update, fix to fighter skills. Charging strike still bugs out making it impossible to fight back. In general I don't like that fighter is the only set that can be interrupted with heavy penalties (not being able to attack) compared to other skill sets. That and personally I would love to see some more fighter skills, ranged attacks etc. More like fighting game mechanics.

Honestly I'd be happy if they did so much as put in a single area attack, just something to take out surrounding low-medium level mobs, i've gone into dungeons as a champion-wise fighter with everything at rank 6 and under, and still been mobbed because you can only take out one monster at a time, sure you can use windmill and drop kick but windmill doesn't always work and dropkick only goes in a straight line.

It's no substitute for it being fixed but I find if I use focused fist when any of my skills bug out in a fight it sets everything back to normal.

Something i'd like to see with reguards to new skills if they add some is stuff like a Kamehameha or spirit bomb, ( I'm not sure how they would get past copyright laws but it would be cool to see it implemented).

I suppose a skill working in a similar way with a name such as 'Mana Burst' could work with Fighter costing MP and magic capable knuckles as a requirement. Although we could always just bring up the idea to Nexon NA later of a Street Fighter or Dragon Ball tie up to cover some exclusive bases to make Fighter seem more of an exciting skill. Hopefully new players will fill out the servers a bit more, and provide even more feedback KR can use to improve the Fighter skill tree.
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    *This quote was added in from Most Desired Revamp Poll to further the discussion in a topic separation.
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    I know it's probably not going to happen but I'd like to see a change, update, fix to fighter skills. Charging strike still bugs out making it impossible to fight back. In general I don't like that fighter is the only set that can be interrupted with heavy penalties (not being able to attack) compared to other skill sets. That and personally I would love to see some more fighter skills, ranged attacks etc. More like fighting game mechanics.

Honestly I'd be happy if they did so much as put in a single area attack, just something to take out surrounding low-medium level mobs, i've gone into dungeons as a champion-wise fighter with everything at rank 6 and under, and still been mobbed because you can only take out one monster at a time, sure you can use windmill and drop kick but windmill doesn't always work and dropkick only goes in a straight line.

It's no substitute for it being fixed but I find if I use focused fist when any of my skills bug out in a fight it sets everything back to normal.

Something i'd like to see with reguards to new skills if they add some is stuff like a Kamehameha or spirit bomb, ( I'm not sure how they would get past copyright laws but it would be cool to see it implemented).

I suppose a skill working in a similar way with a name such as 'Mana Burst' could work with Fighter costing MP and magic capable knuckles as a requirement. Although we could always just bring up the idea to Nexon NA later of a Street Fighter or Dragon Ball tie up to cover some exclusive bases to make Fighter seem more of an exciting skill. Hopefully new players will fill out the servers a bit more, and provide even more feedback KR can use to improve the Fighter skill tree.

I'd love to see new skills for fighter (perhaps a 4th combo). Since using fighter/combat uses stamina, I was thinking maybe some op skill that drains stam while using the skill. But something like Kamehameha is also good and new (gives aoe and has range) that fighter should at least get considering bosses/mobs (with no knock back gauge) cannot be pummeled and drop kick takes time (if you're getting smacked left and right by other mobs during combo).

Or follow examples of Monk/Champions in Ragnarok too since the skills they have are "martial arts" which is what fighter is also called in Mabi.

inb4
    tumblr_mcu7yp4wi81rk3a0jo1_500.gif