Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dear Nexon: STOP RUINING THE ECONOMY

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There still needs to be balance of income and expenditures to prevent people from relying on buying gold from bots as well.
    Danievictria
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    There still needs to be balance of income and expenditures to prevent people from relying on buying gold from bots as well.

Well actually this hyper-inflation should take care of that. Gold prices have been pretty fixed over the last ten years: fluxuating between $8-$12 per 10M gold. Well, 10M gold ain't as much money as it used to be, but the price is still the same, while the desired items get more and more expensive. If you are willing to spend real money for gold then at some point it's just cheaper to buy NX instead. You could say then that gold sellers could lower their prices in response, but their rate to obtain gold remains constant, so eventually the industry won't have the same lustre it used to.
    KensamaofmariDonk3y
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 1, 2019

You won't believe it, but most gold is being bought/sold by legit players. Never saw anyone brag for buying gold from bots, but i constantly see people advertising selling gold in large amounts like 50-200m gold and they successfuly sell it in the large circle of vouchers and acquaintances.
    Greta wrote: »

You won't believe it, but most gold is being bought/sold by legit players. Never saw anyone brag for buying gold from bots, but i constantly see people advertising selling gold in large amounts like 50-200m gold and they successfuly sell it in the large circle of vouchers and acquaintances.

Well it's not surprising that players are doing the most transactions in gold exchange, but being active players doesn't mean that makes their activity legal.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Or a bank tax.

The amount you pay is a fixed rate (like, 10%).

Those "millionaires" won't be millionaires for long.

And to keep them from withdrawing money in checks, make checks cost more to make.

Funny thing this: this is basically one of the proposed ways to fund part of the UBI :D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 2, 2019

Well it's not surprising that players are doing the most transactions in gold exchange, but being active players doesn't mean that makes their activity legal.

I didn't say that it's legal. I'm just pointing out how messed up economy is on this game and Nexon GM's aren't doing anything about it, i bet they know where to find such advertisements or even people. It's really easy.

I didn't say that it's legal. I'm just pointing out how messed up economy is on this game and Nexon GM's aren't doing anything about it, i bet they know where to find such advertisements or even people. It's really easy.

Google them and they'll pop up.
    Greta