Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

• TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    a lot of ppl r like "theirs rumors theyll merge alexina" and im like .. yeah thats a rumor... doesnt mean its true.- show me a link.

if you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend, who found info.... then show the info. otherwise its hearsay and not helpful to allow ppl to relax in false hope-false hope is a lollipop of all candies.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Rumors go both ways. For twelve years folks said that there would never be a merge; NEVER. Some folks can dream of that wall to keep Alexinans out but it's gonna be a bridge.
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    the x10 ap was probably the only chance for newbie or rr to catch up the old players, u can just gacha ur away with the gears, they put abyss back, i expect SG to come back too... now u got 40k ap with endgame gears, refroge+ is on sale and its like, if u did rr to nao... its ur time to shine, if u miss it, too bad
    the master plan x2 ap, training goes all the way to august if im not wrong, plenty of time to catch up with the talents, u probably need 1 or 2 days to get r1 on most combat talents, lifeskill takes a bit longer but 40k ap.... ap training and u still have ap left forever untouched
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Qnaug wrote: »
    the x10 ap was probably the only chance for newbie or rr to catch up the old players, u can just gacha ur away with the gears, they put abyss back, i expect SG to come back too... now u got 40k ap with endgame gears, refroge+ is on sale and its like, if u did rr to nao... its ur time to shine, if u miss it, too bad
    the master plan x2 ap, training goes all the way to august if im not wrong, plenty of time to catch up with the talents, u probably need 1 or 2 days to get r1 on most combat talents, lifeskill takes a bit longer but 40k ap.... ap training and u still have ap left forever untouched

Oh sorry, i really don't want to leave all my items and pets over Nexon's mistake. Plus. i have enough life to not have time or patience to rank ALL combat skills within 1-2 days. Only a sick person could do that. I got better things to do than drop my 5 years of progress and money just to change a server which probably will die within few years or we get merged anyway.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Oh sorry, i really don't want to leave all my items and pets over Nexon's mistake. Plus. i have enough life to not have time or patience to rank ALL combat skills within 1-2 days. Only a sick person could do that. I got better things to do than drop my 5 years of progress and money just to change a server which probably will die within few years or we get merged anyway.

I disagree with your thinking. I believe they're using the merge of the smaller servers as a trial to find out what issues would occur and fix them before merging Alexina in. It's not easy to do, but it is important to look at the long run big picture instead of just what people want now. I'll stop short of calling it being short-sighted.
  • GretaGreta

I disagree with your thinking. I believe they're using the merge of the smaller servers as a trial to find out what issues would occur and fix them before merging Alexina in. It's not easy to do, but it is important to look at the long run big picture instead of just what people want now. I'll stop short of calling it being short-sighted.

Your thinking is really positive. I really wish i could believe such case. :(

Well, a poli sci professor told my class a few years back, that we've been through some of the worst experiences growing up, so there are 2 options, remain cynical and skeptical or be positive, because it can't get any worse.
    So, I take the optimistic path.
  • GretaGreta

Well, a poli sci professor told my class a few years back, that we've been through some of the worst experiences growing up, so there are 2 options, remain cynical and skeptical or be positive, because it can't get any worse.

I guess i took the skeptical path. I was positive first, but it's ruined now.

I guess i took the skeptical path. I was positive first, but it's ruined now.

Well, as long as there is a chance still there, don't give up on it.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 2, 2019

That was a secondary found-benefit for Nexon. Nexon had a pretty good idea about all the problems that would occur, which is why they avoided merging long past the point that it should have happened. It happened when it did because, ready or not, it had to happen then. Those servers were very much in trouble, big trouble. Nexon had to act when they really weren't ready to act. Since, at the time, Alexina was not at the same level of peril, they decided it would be prudent to leave it out of the merge since the merge was gonna lead to problems. Unless, Alexina's condition worsens to the point where it must be merged regardless, they will try to fix the issues first before merging Alexina in. If the situation forces their hand, as it did in early June, then they'll merge it in and damn the torpedoes.

That Nao's population is 250% that of Alexina's, I think, was unexpected. I suspect Nexon was figuring it to be about 133% or so. Those numbers cannot be explained only by Alexinans "jumping ship". It's old time Mari/Ruairi/Tarlach players coming back because they have a vibrant server to play on now. This means that not only did the merge stop the bleeding of players it reversed it. This gives Nexon added incentive to merge Alexina in, hopefully circumstances permitting, when they are ready to do so smoothly.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 2, 2019

You are just assuming, again. This is what starts rumors and more anger.
    Gaea wrote: »

You are just assuming, again. This is what starts rumors and more anger.

Well of course, there's nothing wrong with making assumptions, as we're not stating that they are fact.
    Right now, it is either the assumption of it never happening, or the assumption that it can still happen.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    assuming and spreading rumors is a way to not cope with the current way things ARE. you know its bad... so you refuse to think its happening, even when ppl are effected by it.
    its also a lil shocking to see ppl deny other ppl's hard work trying to ACTUALLY do something about the current situation(making new characters and starting over), instead of sitting on their hands and believing a false, rumored,conspiracy.
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    assuming and spreading rumors is a way to not cope with the current way things ARE. you know its bad... so you refuse to think its happening, even when ppl are effected by it.
    its also a lil shocking to see ppl deny other ppl's hard work trying to ACTUALLY do something about the current situation(making new characters and starting over), instead of sitting on their hands and believing a false, rumored,conspiracy.

If you put it that way, then the only thing that can be done is to gather data/facts, compile them, analyze the results and find whether we have significant results with a good margin of error pertaining to the topic.

It is exactly why these forums have become the way they are. People no longer accept the opinions of others, as it is with the rest of the world, any everything becomes overly sensitive, so sensitive, you have to choose your vocabulary before speaking.
    TheDumbOneSherriXafnir
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    I think they should just put **NEW** on Nao and delete the Alexina server so we don't have this same thread in every section reposted every 10 minutes. Everyone is happy that way, no nameclash disaster part 2, and one "megaserver" just run 20x ap and 256x training for a month and hand out pre-enchanted clashing+meteoroid (on all pieces) saint guardian sets and divine blades to all new characters and 50 free bone dragons, Mirs, and Ceranus then no one will complain about their characters being deleted from Alexina either.
    This post is satire.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Lutetium wrote: »
    I think they should just put **NEW** on Nao and delete the Alexina server so we don't have this same thread in every section reposted every 10 minutes. Everyone is happy that way, no nameclash disaster part 2, and one "megaserver" just run 20x ap and 256x training for a month and hand out pre-enchanted clashing+meteoroid (on all pieces) saint guardian sets and divine blades to all new characters and 50 free bone dragons, Mirs, and Ceranus then no one will complain about their characters being deleted from Alexina either.
    This post is satire.

Oh you got me too; dagnabbit!.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 2, 2019

That's okay I'm not upset about you assuming Alexina will never be merged. I know you'll cope when it is.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Helsa wrote: »

That's okay I'm not upset about you assuming Alexina will never be merged. I know you'll cope when it is.

its not an assumption... notice im using words like "Current" and "happening"....and then after, i say ppl shouldn't deny ppl's hard work to deal with the current situation... those are "now words"...its not an assumption. its a legitimate fact
  • HelsaHelsa
    Helsa wrote: »

its not an assumption... notice im using words like "Current" and "happening"....and then after, i say ppl shouldn't deny ppl's hard work to deal with the current situation... those are "now words"...its not an assumption. its a legitimate fact

Oh, I see. Currently, right now. at this very moment, Alexina is not actually in the physical process of being merged into Nao. Gotcha.
    TheDumbOne
    In all fairness, there has been a sum of things due to the server merge that has gotten people on Alexina upset, and they do have a legitimate reason to be upset. Some, of course are fine or indifferent but it's not easy for everyone to remain content when they sense something is doing to disrupt their enjoyment of the game in the future.
    TheDumbOneGretaSherri
This discussion has been closed.